S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey sammy,

my tuner said that my exhaust is really restrictive and is causing detonation problems... Did your tuner say anything?
Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess this post is directed more towards mugenrio, as most of my research on s2ki shows that he seems to have the knowledge. however anyone else who can shed light on this subject please chime in.

My original tune from Church seems to knock/detonate more and more. Since then i have moved onto another members tune, whose tune knocks hardly never. My thoughts are that the ecu learned the tune, and devised a fuel trim to try to burn at a stoich rate.
I am heading to the notion that my tune needs to run in an open loop state during my "boost" time. My research has told me that this will be accomplished by manipulating the TPS sensor through the analog output map. What i would like to know, is what should my analog map look like to trigger open loop.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UpsFella,Oct 1 2009, 03:11 AM
if your planning on tracking the car invest in an oilcooler..
would having a vented hood help as well?

i want this kit next spring or so, but i'm more interested in tracking as well. will an oil cooler greatly reduce the stress on the turbo? how about vented hood?

just wondering if there are options to make it track friendly or is it basically just a "stay away".
Old 10-07-2009, 10:13 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Hero,Oct 7 2009, 10:56 AM
would having a vented hood help as well?

i want this kit next spring or so, but i'm more interested in tracking as well. will an oil cooler greatly reduce the stress on the turbo? how about vented hood?

just wondering if there are options to make it track friendly or is it basically just a "stay away".
i'd consider it a 'stay away' but i'm sure i speak for everyone in saying that i hope to see this kit tracked successfully someday. If you decide to see how well it fares on the track, just be prepared...i don't think it'll be an easy (or cheap) task.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum,Oct 7 2009, 10:13 AM
i'd consider it a 'stay away' but i'm sure i speak for everyone in saying that i hope to see this kit tracked successfully someday. If you decide to see how well it fares on the track, just be prepared...i don't think it'll be an easy (or cheap) task.
well that's unfortunate. i'll have to look elsewhere then...but i'll keep my eyes open on the greddy kit.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:12 PM

Hey Chris,

I'm having issues with my oil relocation kit.. it seems that I cannot get rid of leaks from this part of the kit... anything you recommend as to using to seal it up nicer?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jari8378,Oct 6 2009, 02:36 PM
Hey sammy,

my tuner said that my exhaust is really restrictive and is causing detonation problems... Did your tuner say anything?
I am not sure a restrictive exhaust would cause detonation problems..................
Old 10-07-2009, 03:08 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by lewiS2K,Oct 7 2009, 03:12 PM
Hey Chris,

I'm having issues with my oil relocation kit.. it seems that I cannot get rid of leaks from this part of the kit... anything you recommend as to using to seal it up nicer?

This is an image of how the AN fittings seal. It's described as a 'mechanical' seal in the image. The two parts butt up against each other to form the seal. Check the mating surfaces of your AN fittings to make sure there are no scratches, dents, knicks, and/or debris in the threads that would keep the surfaces from mating up with each other flush. This type of seal is the reason why Teflon tape is not needed nor recommended for use. teflon tape or anything else in the threads would just keep the mechanical seal from forming.

of course if it's leaking from elsewhere, like the hose portion, then you'll need to check for holes and replace the line if needed.

Where is oil leaking from specifically?
Old 10-09-2009, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by chad86,Sep 27 2009, 09:54 AM
well I would say go with some kind of greddy exhaust... Personally I would go single,(yield more gains and doesn't look bad after a read cap) but looks like you want a dual... Maybe a invidia v3... Anything 70mmpiping will probably be good, but dual will restrict performance. Go with a greddy ti-c single exhaust IMO
I'm trying to make a decision on two different exhausts now for an AP1 greddy setup.

J's 70mm rs VS. Greddy 70mm tic single?

I know the j's is quite a bit more $. But how do they compare? I know j's is a lot lighter being TI. Any other advantages for the increased price? Which is the louder set up?

Second question...
How drastic will the Hp gains be using either of these exhausts with a HFC vs stock Cat?

I have read that for optimal power i should go with the HFC but will run into at least some boost creep. I'm wondering what the approx. power gain would be? If its not a HUGE difference in #'s i'll probably would lean more towards the stock cat...I want power but am leaning more towards reliablity/no creeping.

Let me know your thoughts
Old 10-09-2009, 09:19 AM

Get the Greddy 70mm with stock or HFC. I prefer Greddy 70mm with stock cat because that's the cheapest option. This is 100% guaranteed to limit boost creep.

The lighter weight of the J's won't matter now that you will have 280-300whp

Also, once you are tuned, and for some reason your stock cat takes a crap due to age or what not, you can grab a used one for $50-100.

Which J's are you talking about? I had a J's 70 rr, but that's a full headerback which you do not want.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread