S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sammy21c,Sep 15 2009, 08:30 PM
Thx, I still have 12 days for dyno tuning. Anybody with AP2 base map, please?
sent
Old 09-17-2009, 05:55 AM

Thank you so much. Car runs much better. Now I have V-tech.
I can't feel it but I can hear it.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by sammy21c,Sep 17 2009, 05:55 AM

can't feel this huh/?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sammy21c,Sep 17 2009, 05:55 AM
Glad to Hear (he has my old Greddy Kit), PM me your Paypal, I will send you the $$$$
Old 09-18-2009, 06:53 PM

Ok, So I'm a current Subaru STi owner with a GT30R turbo and well I have it up for sale at the moment because I am looking into getting an s2k again. I traded my car a while ago for an s2k(why i joined) and then traded it back because I missed the STi(worked at the dealer) LOL. LONG STORY...

Well I have sat here for a little while reading through this whole thread to see what kind of performance the Greddy kit can achieve on an AP2. I'm impressed as to what it can do and if I do get an AP2 I would like to go for this kit because of the simple design and how complete it is. I have a few questions regarding this kit that I might have missed in reading all 27 pages but just wondering if anyone can chime in....

I see that a lot of people are against the downpipe design that the Greddy kit uses. I'm understanding that the Greddy kit seems to creep with a high flowing exhaust system because of the small IWG. My question is what if the wastegate was ported and the downpipe was changed to a 3" bellmouth downpipe that was still connected to either the stock cat or HFC and a 70mm+ catback? For example like a stock turbo STi with an aftermarket downpipe(bellmouth) both exhaust and IWG gases are passing through the same space instead of separated. Would this matched with a IWG port of the greddy housing work well or do you think it would be more likely to get excessive creep?

Has anyone used a Tial 50mm BOV with this kit? I would prefer this because it's one of the best....what psi spring would be ideal for the s2000?

It seems like 10.5psi is the sweet spot for making relatively good results (300+whp). I assume this kit requires a EBCS to raise the boost levels from the 7-8psi the base map has?

I ask because if the Greddy downpipe is restrictive and could use a different approach I would be interested in creating a 3" bellmouth pipe to a stock or HFC and 3" catback and a IWG port...instead of swapping turbos and what not.

To make this kit work properly I would assume I would need the following:

Greddy Turbo kit (AP2)
High Flow Cat
1 step colder plugs
70mm catback
wastegate port
Tial 50mm BOV
EBCS
Clutch(optional?)
Custom Tune of course

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Linx77,Sep 18 2009, 06:53 PM
Ok, So I'm a current Subaru STi owner with a GT30R turbo and well I have it up for sale at the moment because I am looking into getting an s2k again. I traded my car a while ago for an s2k(why i joined) and then traded it back because I missed the STi(worked at the dealer) LOL. LONG STORY...

Well I have sat here for a little while reading through this whole thread to see what kind of performance the Greddy kit can achieve on an AP2. I'm impressed as to what it can do and if I do get an AP2 I would like to go for this kit because of the simple design and how complete it is. I have a few questions regarding this kit that I might have missed in reading all 27 pages but just wondering if anyone can chime in....

I see that a lot of people are against the downpipe design that the Greddy kit uses. I'm understanding that the Greddy kit seems to creep with a high flowing exhaust system because of the small IWG. My question is what if the wastegate was ported and the downpipe was changed to a 3" bellmouth downpipe that was still connected to either the stock cat or HFC and a 70mm+ catback? For example like a stock turbo STi with an aftermarket downpipe(bellmouth) both exhaust and IWG gases are passing through the same space instead of separated. Would this matched with a IWG port of the greddy housing work well or do you think it would be more likely to get excessive creep?

Has anyone used a Tial 50mm BOV with this kit? I would prefer this because it's one of the best....what psi spring would be ideal for the s2000?

It seems like 10.5psi is the sweet spot for making relatively good results (300+whp). I assume this kit requires a EBCS to raise the boost levels from the 7-8psi the base map has?

I ask because if the Greddy downpipe is restrictive and could use a different approach I would be interested in creating a 3" bellmouth pipe to a stock or HFC and 3" catback and a IWG port...instead of swapping turbos and what not.

To make this kit work properly I would assume I would need the following:

Greddy Turbo kit (AP2)
High Flow Cat
1 step colder plugs
70mm catback
wastegate port
Tial 50mm BOV
EBCS
Clutch(optional?)
Custom Tune of course

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris
With a ported WG yuo will not creep with sny exhaust.. Use the search to find a thread.. put ported greddy WG... And if that is done you could run whatever you wanted back to the muffler. I am running full 3" turbo back with ported WG..

Any BOV will work fine I'm sure.. Many use the greddy because it is a greddy kit.....

You should check out the official gt30 upgrade thread engineer x has made an awesome down pipe and it is discussed in depth in that thread...

Looks like you have done a little bit of research on this kit so good on yah.. But in all honesty , you should try and pick one of these kits up used or else I would recomend the Mase kit.. IMO... Don't get me wrong.. I love the greddy kit.. But for buck vs HP I think the Mase kit is superior. ( and its complete)..
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 PM

You're right, I was looking at the Mase kit, seems to be a complete bolt-on too. A little more expensive, but better results...I still have a ways to go depending on if my car sells and I pick up an s2k...I'll keep doing some research.

Thanks for your input!

Edit* I like the idea of the piggyback system the Greddy uses as well as the CARB legal rather than a standalone. How are those with standalones and Turbo s2k's passing emissions? I don't really want to deal with retuning to climate changes every season here in CT. That is one of the main things that draws me to this kit, the ability to get around 300whp and not have to worry about emissions and what not....but I like power! coming from an STi LOL
Old 09-19-2009, 09:59 PM

I am very interested in these kits too. I need the CARB sticker for emissions here in NorCal. What is stopping me is that it doesn't seem to be a bolt on deal. There is so much discussion and what seem like problems with these setups.

Are there folks out there who are running these kits that aren't totally into customizing their set-up? Am I getting in over my head to start down this road? I want more power, but I'm not a techie under the hood.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:41 AM

From what I gathered, this is a complete bolt on kit. The only things you would need to do to maximize it's potential are to add a BOV, a EBCS, and get a full exhaust system. Porting the wastegate seems to help reduce boost creep issues as well. There are also some other parts that go along well when adding a turbo to monitor things and what not. For example, a boost and wideband gauge, 1 step colder plugs, and clutch.

Like any turbocharged vehicle, you'll have a safer and more reliable set up if you get it tuned. The guys that are fully customizing are the ones that are swapping the turbo to a GT30R and looking for more power. I recommend trying to put together the set up you want before you install the kit therefore you only need to get tuned once. Once you go turbo, any changes you make can effect the tune...

I'm pretty sure you could install the Greddy kit on your own and a friend in about a days time if you read the installation guide and know your way around the engine. It just takes time and patience.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:22 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadie,Sep 19 2009, 10:59 PM
I am very interested in these kits too. I need the CARB sticker for emissions here in NorCal. What is stopping me is that it doesn't seem to be a bolt on deal. There is so much discussion and what seem like problems with these setups.

Are there folks out there who are running these kits that aren't totally into customizing their set-up? Am I getting in over my head to start down this road? I want more power, but I'm not a techie under the hood.
if you want to do the bare minimum and still be fine, all you need is:

the kit
a custom tune

this will net you roughly 50-70hp over stock

pretty simple right?
you can add a bov if you want, a turbo timer if you want, a EBC if you want, all sorts of gauges, etc. changing the cat out and doing a larger exhaust at the same time is what causes problems like creep. these are the stories you hear about--from people who want more power.

if you run it out of the box like it was meant, you will not have to do much customizing past a custom tune.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread