S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just tried to update to version 2.20 from the Greddy site but when I checked the version in the software using help it still says ver 2.00. I thought I remembered reading that the update doesn't work on PC's running Vista.

Anyone got the update to work with Vista?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:10 PM

Yeah I can't get vista to work, shit I can't get xp to work
Old 04-26-2009, 06:37 AM

I have a few thoughts on the kit that I think would make the install easier, maybe we can add them to the first page if you guys think they are worthwhile.

1. When installing the C-1 charge pipe I used some oem 12mm head bolts instead of the 13mm head bolts provided. There is very little clearance for the larger 13mm head bolts.

2. When installing the C-4 pipe to the air pump bracket I used a very short piece of tubing inbetween the air pump bracket & the pipe braket to act as a vibration damper like the other side has.

3. For my car 05 AP2 I did not need to trim the front bumper. Not sure if all AP2's are like this but you may want to test fit the bumper before trimming like the manual says.

4. This one is more of a modification & if you don't mind modifying things you may want to try it. i noticed that the turbo manifold on the side that mates to the motor has a very small inlet. If you match up the exhaust gasket to it, it is as much as 1/4" smaller. If you match up the gasket to the OEM header you will see it is almost exactly the same size. I flared out the turbo manifold to match the exhasut gasket. I just taped the gasket to the turbo mani as a template & matched it up. Be careful not to destroy the gasket if you're not good with a grinder then make a template out of paper or something. I have some pics I will post later on.
I did the same thing with Turbo on the side that mates up to the turbo mani. I also did the same thing to the downpipe on the side that mates to the turbo.

BTW I think the downpipe is what is really holding this kit back. The exhaust is slamming into the face of the DP. I think a better design would follow the DP gasket & taper into the tubes. Right now the tubes mate up to a much more open space (turbo exit) which is really restricting flow. Maybe that's by design to limit boost creep. Also my turbo looks as if Greddy ported the wastegate already. When I looked in the wastegate hole it had grinding marks & the hole was not much smaller than the flapper door. Not sure if they are doing this to all kits now because of the creep issue or what, but I thought it was cool.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 04-26-2009, 06:39 AM

One more thing.

Does anyone have an unlocked base map I could download? Mine is the locked one & I can't even log or anything with my PC hooked up it won't let me do anything it just keeps asking for a password.

Thanks in advance,
Ed
Old 04-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Ok well didn't read through everything on here. Is the one turbo listed on the first page that someone swapped the stock greddy one out for the only option for swapping out the turbo there is? I would love to once I get the kit swap out to a turbo that held torque to redline a little better. Can a gt28rs turbo bolt up? Or any other quick spooling turbo that can hold it better hold up? Don't need a whole lot more power but just holding torque to redline would be much more satisfying I am sure.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by edomund,Apr 26 2009, 07:39 AM
One more thing.

Does anyone have an unlocked base map I could download? Mine is the locked one & I can't even log or anything with my PC hooked up it won't let me do anything it just keeps asking for a password.

Thanks in advance,
Ed
gotta contact greddy to get the basemap which will be unlocked
Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 PM

edit: i actually have the ap2 base map on my cpu somewhere. Leave me your email and ill send it to ya.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 AM

Sweet. Thank you very much, I sent you a PM with my email. Everything I have read is Greddy will only give it to tuning shops not individuals.

Ed
Old 04-27-2009, 08:55 AM

sent!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:45 AM

I just found this housing that is available for the GT30 with a t25 footprint

Of course, you must turn the turbo 180 degrees to see how it'll fit on the greddy manifold. My question is, is there enough room between the external wastegate flange and the motor to put a 90 degree elbow using SS piping and remotely locate the ext wastegate?

Like this:

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread