S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that looks sweet..
Old 01-24-2009, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, is there any way u can hook me up with that piece? lmao
Old 01-24-2009, 12:29 PM

Awesome post... just had a few quick questions...

1) Will getting gears benefit the trubo setup, or hinder its performance?
2) What type of exhaust would you recommend? I was thinking of a spoon N1 or the J's racing Js Racing FX Titan 70RS. I heard a sound comparison on youtube, it had like 10 or so exhaust systems, and those are the two that sound the best to me.

I am cool with 300+whp, just wondering if there is anything else that I should get to go with the turbo kit. I am coming from an all stock evo IX, and I know a turbo timer is good, but if you just sit idling for about 1 minute or so, you should be fine. I did that with my evo, and no problems at all

Thanks again for all of the information.
BTW, just got my s2000 last night, and I love every minute of driving it.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:30 PM

intake manifold gasket is what i recommend.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ryoga4523' date='Jan 24 2009, 02:29 PM
Awesome post... just had a few quick questions...

1) Will getting gears benefit the trubo setup, or hinder its performance?
2) What type of exhaust would you recommend? I was thinking of a spoon N1 or the J's racing Js Racing FX Titan 70RS. I heard a sound comparison on youtube, it had like 10 or so exhaust systems, and those are the two that sound the best to me.

I am cool with 300+whp, just wondering if there is anything else that I should get to go with the turbo kit. I am coming from an all stock evo IX, and I know a turbo timer is good, but if you just sit idling for about 1 minute or so, you should be fine. I did that with my evo, and no problems at all

Thanks again for all of the information.
BTW, just got my s2000 last night, and I love every minute of driving it.
1. you should decide whether you want gears based on how you want your car to behave. I wouldn't say it's much of a performance difference vs. it being a personal preference of how you want your car to drive. I'm sure you know what the gears do....it'll come down to factors like accel vs. top speed, how much you want to shift, how high you want to be revving, etc etc.

2. if i remember correctly the spoon n1 is a 60 or 63mm system. So if you go this route, you might be ok with a testpipe, but if you run a cat with this small of an exhaust, you will be restricting the flow pretty good. The J's 70mm will be good for performance, a lot of ppl here use a 70mm with a high flow cat or stock cat with good results.

Other parts you might want: a/f guage, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, bov, oil catch, boost controller
Old 01-24-2009, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so guys....great news!
My car magically fixed itself!

remember I had problems with overboosting!? I thought that the actuator needed adjustment after the rebuild....
Well, I decided to change out the vacuum line in a crazy hope that it'll remedy the problem....and it did!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:39 PM

so the kit does not include a BOV? Ok, hmmm... which one would you recommend? Also, what suspension upgrades would you recommend. I was thinking of doing things to stiffen the chassis, so that the increase in hp and tq do not bend it... What do you think?
Old 01-24-2009, 05:51 PM

Greddy RS seems to be the popular BOV. I would not worry about "bending the chassis" with 300whp.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:14 AM

With the greddy kit spooling so fast I don't think gears are needed. You may want to make them stronger, HTG or Puddy gears. So I would stay stock or move to 4.44's. The problem with my gears is that you decrease the load time for the turbo. So by the time you get the turbo spooled up ( with my gt30) you are changing gears. So gears 1-2 help by being shorter but you don't get the full turbo effect. Gears 3-6 are pretty damn good cause you get the turbo and the full effect of the gears. I had the 4.77's before I went turbo and it does not bug me enough to consider changing at this time. If I was going to change I would use the 4.44 or 4.3 gear just cause there are lots of stop and go traffic and I don't HWY much.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:31 AM

One last question... (I hope) Which is better for the turbo route, dual exhaust or single exhuast? Or is it purely an aesthetic thing?

Oh, and do i need to get new headers?

Sorry for the many questions, I just wanted to be thorough

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread