S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greedy is going through The carb legal process specifically for California. In the video they talked about not having to worry if pulled over.. i explained that having the carb certification would not stop the LEO from sending you to the state ref. Nowhere did i say i was forced to be in this state.
Old 11-07-2020, 06:58 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by johnzal
What size are the pipes? They look like noodles
getting carb legal is nice, but in commifornia
When the cop pulls you over and you say" look it has a carb legal sticker so we good... He will reply " great, so you will have no problem passing the state ref test"... Chp or police won't carry the book for the carb approved item and don't care. .. you would still have to pay $150 for state ref test to prove your innocence. It happens to many high horsepower car or loud cars from factory..
1. While it definitely is possible to get sent to the ref no matter what, there are plenty of cops who will let you off just by seeing the carb sticker. I've been let off before and the cops were happy to see carb legal parts.
2. It's better then getting sent to the ref WITHOUT carb legal parts and then having to go back to stock.
3. Don't like the kit? Plenty of other kits to go with. Want a carb legal turbo kit? this is the only kit you can go with.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:03 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by AP1Chief
The dip is having vtec too low... typically with these kits i have vtec set very high because of the amount of back pressure created on these super tiny manifold and turbos.... when vtec comes in all that velocity is lost and you have that nasty dip you are seeing.... by raising vtec to around 65-75 range it helps smooth it out.
My understanding, in addition to the manifold design, it is also the high-cam (VTEC) valve overlap as well, so it blows boost into the cylinder and out the exhaust valves. This works as good scavenging trick for NA however you need a pretty large turbine to overcome that (into the intake out the exhaust valves "air leak") dip... and unfortunately the Greddy turbo is too small to accomplish that like SCs do and larger and more efficient turbos do.

Edit: I actually don't think the new roots SC that we're seeing being advertised overcomes this either. I believe VTEC was up in 5-6K range as well. I believe due to packaging they went with a smaller design than the S2K folks would want.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have info on the new 2021 Greddy Turbo Kit that came out?

How much power will this kit give out of the box with good tuning? No need for top tier pro tuning numbers.

I heard the kit doesn't require a BOV. Can you just add a BOV?

Old 04-01-2021, 04:31 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

You can add a BOV to any turbocharged set up yes.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Charstar604
Anyone have info on the new 2021 Greddy Turbo Kit that came out?

How much power will this kit give out of the box with good tuning? No need for top tier pro tuning numbers.

I heard the kit doesn't require a BOV. Can you just add a BOV?
I assume around 300hp like the old kit, but depends on boost level and fuel?
Old 04-03-2021, 09:27 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Dops2K
I assume around 300hp like the old kit, but depends on boost level and fuel?
More power even at same boost level obviously. Better manifold, larger down pipe, upgraded turbo...Big thumbs up. Tired of seeing only supercharger builds this can become the most newb friendly boosted option once again
Old 05-09-2021, 11:24 PM

It's a shame that Greddy has been so hush about their upcoming turbo kit, if it even is still upcoming. I'm mulling over buying another AP1, but I can't justify buying one in 2021 if I have to live with the outdated numbers. Here's to hoping they at least confirm one way or another what their status is.
Old 12-15-2021, 03:16 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

FYI, I contacted them a little while ago and they mentioned that this kit is still in testing and is scheduled for release in Q1 2022.
Old 12-15-2021, 07:36 PM

Don't go talking dirty to me and getting my hopes up now. If true, that is an instant buy on my end.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread