S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 01:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ni†ro
So I was going to sell my greddy kit and get something else but I think I need a puddymod diff first since mine's making some funny clunking noises
I bought a new clutch, flex fuel sensor, 2150cc injectors (got a great deal on em), fluidampr crank pulley and external wastegate. Hopefully with the power of corn juice and exhaust flow relief from the ewg I can make peak power at or above 9k instead of below vtec. I'm hoping I can get results like Louisq.
Im following to see power your new setup is going to make. I was making 360whp when i had my greddy kit on 13psi on E85 fuel.And I still had the stock exhaust, stock manifold and internally wastegated. I wish i couldve seen what power it wouldve made if I wouldve switched to a full 3 inch exaust, pfab manifold and converted to external wastegate. Had also plan to rebuild the turbo to a 20g turbo instead of the 18g.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed!
Old 01-17-2016, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by S2KCHRIS305
Originally Posted by Ni†ro' timestamp='1453065057' post='23854946
So I was going to sell my greddy kit and get something else but I think I need a puddymod diff first since mine's making some funny clunking noises
I bought a new clutch, flex fuel sensor, 2150cc injectors (got a great deal on em), fluidampr crank pulley and external wastegate. Hopefully with the power of corn juice and exhaust flow relief from the ewg I can make peak power at or above 9k instead of below vtec. I'm hoping I can get results like Louisq.
Im following to see power your new setup is going to make. I was making 360whp when i had my greddy kit on 13psi on E85 fuel.And I still had the stock exhaust, stock manifold and internally wastegated. I wish i couldve seen what power it wouldve made if I wouldve switched to a full 3 inch exaust, pfab manifold and converted to external wastegate. Had also plan to rebuild the turbo to a 20g turbo instead of the 18g.
That power is mad! I have a 70mm test pipe and single exhaust, ported internal gate and 14psi tapering to ~10 at 8600(redline because of strain on the engine). 290whp. Do you have a dyno chart? Did your tuner disable vtec? My tuner sees 700whp S2000s all the time so I know my tune can't be that bad. The previous owner of my kit, on e85, stock manifold and 15psi made like 330whp or something and he didn't have vtec engage, which is why I'm asking.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:05 PM

Also, I'm in school right now and this build won't begin until my spring break (mid March) or when I get out of school beginning of May. For now all of the parts are sitting in my basement at home lol.

But over winter break I did the mulderized headlight mod. Didn't do anything else since I don't have a warm area to work on the car and the chicago winters are pretty cold! I can't imbed pics for some reason so here's the link to my photo bucket lol
http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/ce...b.jpg.html?o=4

One headlight is greenish because there is tint on it and not the other one. I couldn't decide if I like the tint or not because you can't see the mulderized addition at all. Without the tint it looks clean and with it, it looks whack but in a good way. So I'm keeping one of each for now haha
Old 01-18-2016, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by S2KCHRIS305' timestamp='1453068643' post='23854984
[quote name='Ni†ro' timestamp='1453065057' post='23854946']
That power is mad! I have a 70mm test pipe and single exhaust, ported internal gate and 14psi tapering to ~10 at 8600(redline because of strain on the engine). 290whp. Do you have a dyno chart? Did your tuner disable vtec? My tuner sees 700whp S2000s all the time so I know my tune can't be that bad. The previous owner of my kit, on e85, stock manifold and 15psi made like 330whp or something and he didn't have vtec engage, which is why I'm asking.
[/quote]
I also ran a 70mm test pipe but kept the stock exhaust, just switched out the cat for the test pipe. I do remember slightly porting out the internal wastegate. Stock redline was kept and if i remember correctly i had vtec set to engage at 6700 rpms.

Heres my dyno:
Name:  scan0001.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  124.0 KB
Close up:
Name:  IMAG0594.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  104.1 KB
Old 01-18-2016, 12:42 PM

This is another greddy turboed s2k breaking 350+ whp with the greddy kit. Dont know to much about this car, but ran across it on youtube back when i had the greddy kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrm25jLpTfw
Old 01-18-2016, 05:25 PM

This is another greddy turboed s2k breaking 350+ whp with the greddy kit. Dont know to much about this car, but ran across it on youtube back when i had the greddy kit.

Thats... thats my kit! I bought it from the owner of the car last April. If you look on his channel you can see the engine bay in another video. it's the same green piping that's on my car now. By the way, if you didn't see my video on installing the kit that I posted a little while ago, the turbo was completely destroyed and the manifold had cracked, been re-welded and cracked again. That's why I got the pfab manifold
Old 01-18-2016, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by S2KCHRIS305' timestamp='1453153320' post='23855892

Thats... thats my kit! I bought it from the owner of the car last April. If you look on his channel you can see the engine bay in another video. it's the same green piping that's on my car now. By the way, if you didn't see my video on installing the kit that I posted a little while ago, the turbo was completely destroyed and the manifold had cracked, been re-welded and cracked again. That's why I got the pfab manifold
i had the pfab manifold also at one point, but for some reason i lost power when going with the pfab manifold, so i went back to the greddy manifold. The greddy design seems to be a bit better. If you look at greddys runners, each one seems to be its own channel being directed out. With the Pfab manifold it seems to share the runner, therefore exhaust gasses ramming into each other and not being able to escape easily. Either way thats just my experience with the pfab manifold. There are some on here that actually made power with the pfab manifold. You made pretty good power.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:07 AM

i had the pfab manifold also at one point, but for some reason i lost power when going with the pfab manifold, so i went back to the greddy manifold. The greddy design seems to be a bit better. If you look at greddys runners, each one seems to be its own channel being directed out. With the Pfab manifold it seems to share the runner, therefore exhaust gasses ramming into each other and not being able to escape easily. Either way thats just my experience with the pfab manifold. There are some on here that actually made power with the pfab manifold. You made pretty good power.
The greddy manifold design definitely flows better. And yeah I noticed too that the Pfab is a true log manifold. with no collector whatsoever, so there's got to be some mad turbulence going on inside it. The greddy at least has a mild collector. But when the greddy manifold won't stop cracking, it's not worth it to me to try and run it on the car.

It is times like these where I wish i had a full race manifold.. My tuner did an s2000 with one of those making some 640hp on 24psi... that manifold can handle a lot more than that!
Old 01-20-2016, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone here modify their oil return setup? I'm getting the parts together and was debating weather to tap the oil pan or girdle. A lot of people say tap the girdle but the oil pan would be soooo much easier.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread