S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rerouting my turbo drain line from the oil pan to the timing cover.
anyone know the best an fitting size to run off the greddy 18g?
Old 11-16-2015, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers
^Nice, reminds me of my ordeal. Bought a used kit for a steal but then I figured out why. Downpipe and manifold was cracked. Rewelded the DP and got a PFab manifold. With new injectors and a FlashPro I still came out better than a new kit. Also had ugly paint on the charge pipes that I had to remove lol. I even had the same issue with the oil return hitting the mount. I cut the return tube just like you did but I'm still crushing the hose a bit. So far it's holding up but when I get a chance I going to get an aftermarket mount, hopefully that'll give me more room. I just have no intentions on removing everything again.
It's strange how some people have problems with the drain and others don't! I message Pang at Pfab and he said he's never heard the problem before. The intake pipe going to the turbo as didn't fit and I had to dent it inward with a hammer several times. Whole thing was just a pain in the ass . Well my next turbo kit will definitely NOT have a log manifold as part of it. Full race ram-horn or a forward facing twin scroll is my next move. Shouldn't be as hard as this kit!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by LiveFast
Originally Posted by Ni†ro' timestamp='1446423639' post='23792141
I'd like to see the dyno too. I don't have the final result of mine but here's a pic of what it basically looked like. http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/ce...r8nhi.jpg.html

I also made a vid of my build so check it out if you'd like..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALHP...ature=youtu.be
Aspec tuning? Did Mikey tune your car?
You near the Chi?
Yep he was having some issues getting the tune down. Ran into a lot of back pressure / detonation issues, as well as a very rough power band and dip in power in vtec. He said he hasn't really worked with such a shitty turbo/manifold setup before haha.. Then a 700hp s2000 went on the dyno after me for a retune to make a little more power... at that point I knew for sure I didn't get the right turbo kit haha
Old 11-17-2015, 04:38 AM

Yeah this kit is tough to make big power on.

Back pressure is def 1 of the tough areas this engine flows so much air and the mani/turbo is just too small.

Anybody know what is the correct drain fitting on the Greddy 18g?

Looking so something similar to this to run to my -10 drain line:

https://shop.precisionturbo.net/inde...3-t4-10an.html
Old 11-17-2015, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ni†ro
It's strange how some people have problems with the drain and others don't! I message Pang at Pfab and he said he's never heard the problem before. The intake pipe going to the turbo as didn't fit and I had to dent it inward with a hammer several times. Whole thing was just a pain in the ass . Well my next turbo kit will definitely NOT have a log manifold as part of it. Full race ram-horn or a forward facing twin scroll is my next move. Shouldn't be as hard as this kit!
Yeah, I didn't realize until afterwards that the PFab manifold shifts everything lower thereby tweaking the entire setup. My intake ALMOST didn't fit, it was close to hitting the oil filter hoses. I almost gave up but once I was able to massage everything into place it all worked out. Like I said, I want to redo the oil return setup but taking it all apart and putting it back together is going to be a PITA lol
Old 12-12-2015, 11:56 PM

Want to confirm that the cast Greddy Manifold is a t25 exhaust flange?
Old 12-24-2015, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by LiveFast
Rerouting my turbo drain line from the oil pan to the timing cover.
anyone know the best an fitting size to run off the greddy 18g?
This isnt as good a mod as you might hope with a log manifold as the turbo sits back and quite low meaning the return line is long and more horizontal than vertical.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:43 AM

My oil lines from the oil filter are leaking at the 45 degree fittings. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so what are my options for repair? Is there an o-ring inside of that fitting? If so, what size is required?
Old 01-17-2016, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tampa s2000
My oil lines from the oil filter are leaking at the 45 degree fittings. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so what are my options for repair? Is there an o-ring inside of that fitting? If so, what size is required?
Yep I have the same issue. I just put a folded shop towel under neath it and it stays put but I know it's leaking because one of the o-rings is broken. I couldn't find the right size to replace it so it's just staying as is for now because the leak is minimal
Old 01-17-2016, 12:10 PM

So I was going to sell my greddy kit and get something else but I think I need a puddymod diff first since mine's making some funny clunking noises
I bought a new clutch, flex fuel sensor, 2150cc injectors (got a great deal on em), fluidampr crank pulley and external wastegate. Hopefully with the power of corn juice and exhaust flow relief from the ewg I can make peak power at or above 9k instead of below vtec. I'm hoping I can get results like Louisq.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread