S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pussy
Originally Posted by Ahnold' timestamp='1316895229' post='21002516
[quote name='S2KCHRIS305' timestamp='1316875428' post='21001905']
Hey guys I got a problem . I got the Greddy kit . But no tuner in my area wants to tune it for me. They say its a terrible kit .
It's not that the kit as a whole is bad. I think it's a great kit for the money (I paid $3800 for mine new). The EMU is just harder to tune than say an AEM. Not a lot of tuners are willing to touch it.
where did u buy new at?
[/quote]

Ebay, can't remember the name of the shop. Turned out that is was in my area too. Some shop in Hillsboro, OR. This was 3 years ago though.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried searching around this thread, and I noticed the original post says that the boost controller not essential but nice to have. I'm a turbo noob, and I just finished piecing together a greddy turbo kit. I pretty have everything ready to install, but after reading this thread I noticed I do not have a boost controller. Do I need one to have my car tuned? I will be running the EMU if that helps.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:11 PM

no need if running on stock boost
Old 09-28-2011, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by RedSunS2K
I tried searching around this thread, and I noticed the original post says that the boost controller not essential but nice to have. I'm a turbo noob, and I just finished piecing together a greddy turbo kit. I pretty have everything ready to install, but after reading this thread I noticed I do not have a boost controller. Do I need one to have my car tuned? I will be running the EMU if that helps.
It's cool to have but you don't really need one. I recommend saving that money for a good afr guage. But if you feel the need to a boost conroller.. do what I did buy the AEM TRU BOOST its a electronic boost guage and controller in one
Old 09-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by S2k.berto
Originally Posted by RedSunS2K' timestamp='1317262127' post='21019914
It's cool to have but you don't really need one. I recommend saving that money for a good afr guage. But if you feel the need to a boost conroller.. do what I did buy the AEM TRU BOOST its a electronic boost guage and controller in one
Oh, should have done a little more research. I just purchased a Innovate Wideband AFR today. I'll look into boost controllers I guess. Thanks.

EDIT: Just looked at the dyno results in the original post. Does stock boost make it up to 300hp @ 10psi? Or will I only be able to achieve that with a boost controller?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the AEM Tru boost myself on stock kit. Works great with boost spike. In summer I turn the kit up and in winter turn it down to prevent the spike. I love the kit and any body that says its not a good kit just doesnt wanna tune the EMU and wants to sell you there kit. I had a 5 hour cruise with friends a few weekends ago and did alot of hard playing and had no issue with the kit whatsoever. Like others said get you a good A/F gauge and learn to fiddle a little with it yourself. I learned to play with it a little myself and it actually is so easy to tune with. Read on this
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-f...-ultimate.html
Old 09-30-2011, 12:24 PM

After reading all the pages I have a couple questions. Just picked up a used kit. I have a stock 2000 Ap1 with about 100kmiles. Plan just to be a nice street car with about 280-300hp with HFC and stock exhaust. No real track time but might go to a track day one time out of the year.

1.Do you need or have to upgrade the oil jets/banjo bolt?
2.Is the oil return line ok or do we NEED to tap/weld bung? -10 fitting? Or Ok for track day as is?
3.Was reading that we don't need to use the air pressure relocator/bypass if we have a blowoff valve? Do we just leave it as is then?
4.Anyone use nord lock or stage 8 bolts or both. What about the turbo downpipe and manifold studs. Do they have to be ARP? Friend said just to get some nissan ones.
5.Someone asked about wrapping the downpipe with heat wrap. Anyone done that or a turbo wrap cover? IT worth it?
6.HFC. Which one to get? 60 or 70 mm? Stock exhaust for now but maybe going to change that in the future.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by RedSunS2K
Originally Posted by S2k.berto' timestamp='1317266169' post='21020464
[quote name='RedSunS2K' timestamp='1317262127' post='21019914']
Oh, should have done a little more research. I just purchased a Innovate Wideband AFR today. I'll look into boost controllers I guess. Thanks.

EDIT: Just looked at the dyno results in the original post. Does stock boost make it up to 300hp @ 10psi? Or will I only be able to achieve that with a boost controller?
[/quote]

you will want a boost controller to get to 10psi.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:56 AM

Does anyone know where i can get a replacement Actuator for the T518z 8cm2?
Old 10-07-2011, 06:03 PM

Big tips...change ASAP your "Stock greddy kit" oil feed line...just blew mine...did a big mofo mess and hope my turbo is still ok and i'll inspect my motor tomorrow if no damage is done due the low oil pressure :/

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread