S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 06:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you having problems idling? The emanage should have no function when ideling whatsoever. Was the car "tuned" on the previous owner? Best thing to do is unplug the emanage and fire it up. Dont drive it just see if she comes on ok and is ideling fine. This will negate the emanage being the cause of the startup. Followed by reapplying the base map. And dont be frustrated this is a part of being boosted.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by icemans2k02
Are you having problems idling? The emanage should have no function when ideling whatsoever. Was the car "tuned" on the previous owner? Best thing to do is unplug the emanage and fire it up. Dont drive it just see if she comes on ok and is ideling fine. This will negate the emanage being the cause of the startup. Followed by reapplying the base map. And dont be frustrated this is a part of being boosted.
The idling seems fine 90% of the time. It will die on occasion when it has just been started and I get to a light or stop sign that is on a hill. Not sure if the hill is really playing all that much of a factor. But as this point I'm mostly considering just converting it back to stock. I knew buying the thing I'd have a few issues here and there but this past one left me stranded for an hour or two on the highway. With commuting I can't have that.

So the emanage is completely separate, correct? If I were to take the kit off, and removed the emanage and just put all stock parts back on, would I need to do anything with the stock ecu?

But I'll try what you said and just start it without the emanage on. As for the basemap, is that applied to the emanage or stock unit?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 AM

If you took everything off and a removed the Emanage you would have to do nothing, correct. The Emanage unit is separate and is a piggy back unit. The basemap is applied to your emanage unit. Is it very hot where you are? Also do you have an idea on the amount of PSI you are running?
Old 08-30-2011, 08:08 AM

Ok that's good news there. And it's not horribly warm right now (around 70) but the car is used to being in vermont, which is a bit colder I'm sure. But is it possible the emanage needs reset or anything? It really seems to me like the engine just isn't getting fuel sometimes, and i can't imagine there being a clog in the filter or a bad pump or something. the guys at the shop said it's starting and running no problem now, but i'm TERRIFIED of it happening again.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02
Anyone running E85 on stock injectors? Using almost 30% more fuel I didnt know if anyone had any luck with it. I am running 8PSI currently.
Not possible, you need ID1000's to run E85.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

could be a bad fuel pump if it dies randomly.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:13 AM

Chris, is it better to leave on the radiator cooling plate during hot weather (90 degrees and up) or to remove it so the fans can blow (albeit hot) air past the engine?
Old 08-31-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
could be a bad fuel pump if it dies randomly.
Is there any way to check if the fuel pump is indeed the issue? Like I said it starts and runs fine again, I'm not sure what could make it die then not turn over for a couple hours, then start again. It's really weird.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:44 AM

cfreeman: you will need a gauge to be able to check fuel pressure. Is your fuel tank all the way full? Try filling it up and see if you get the same symptoms. I apologize for not remembering but did you say you had an A/F gauge?

itlynstalyn: Thanks for the info!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:34 PM

What would you guys suggest as the must do modification to the factory GReddy T518Z without replacing it completely? I understand thats its weak point is the fact that it is a T25 flange, but would that be something we could port out a bit to help? I know porting will never solve the problem completely like a T3 changeover would. What kind of power are people making on AP1's w/ E85 and an AEM?

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread