S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyther
Yeah i know they explain it really good at that site but i have no clue what they mean with "boost surging"

Another question, i got her tuned at 6PSI, if i manage to adjust the profec to around 10 psi, will that mess up the A/F alot? I need to adjust it to 10 psi before going to the tuner again so i'm a bit worrying about that. ( it needs to be already set at 10 psi before starting the dyno tune )
Hmm well he’s talking about surging during the Gain setting part. I’ve never personally felt surging, but I imagine you’ll know that it’s surging when you feel it, just by the standard definition. The gain is used to smoothen out the boost and not really a make it or break it factor for setting up the boost controller, you mainly want to focus on SET (actual boost amount), SET Boost (which will affect boost response) and your limiter/warning. You can adjust gain last if you want and just increase/decrease by feeling (as long as you are watching your peak boost level because it will affect that).
Old 08-11-2011, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, just got it around 5psi steady with a spike to 6psi when going on the throttle ( couldnt get this closer to 5... ) its hard and confusing but we will get there...

I tried upping the boost but if i go higher than 7 psi the A/F immediatly are going from 11.5 to 10-10.5 under WOT.. so im guessing the tuner needs to alter the EMU for higher boost..

Another thing, i got the gas HALF FULL and the car felt on its face again while boosting in a SLOW 1st gear FAST LEFT turn ( i died around 4-5K and came back alive when the car was straight again ) is this common???? Im going to a dragon type road soon where are alot of slow speed twisties and i like to find out the cause.. It sure NEVER happened when i was N/A! Sigh...
Old 08-11-2011, 10:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you got a stock map ???? do you whant me to send one off my maps???
Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Kitesurfer s2000
Have you got a stock map ???? do you whant me to send one off my maps???
I do have a "tuned" map already but if you happen to have great hp map for about 10psi it would be great to give that to my tuner to work with!

Let me know some details of your tune + setup!

Ill send you a pm with my e-mail!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 PM

Another thing, i got the gas HALF FULL and the car felt on its face again while boosting in a SLOW 1st gear FAST LEFT turn ( i died around 4-5K and came back alive when the car was straight again ) is this common???? Im going to a dragon type road soon where are alot of slow speed twisties and i like to find out the cause.. It sure NEVER happened when i was N/A! Sigh...
you have the walbro pump in right? are you using the correct fuel filter? (not the angled one)

i think i have a picture of the correct filter on the first page. the angled one is at about a 30 degree angle from the pump and angled up towards the driver side. So if ou were making a hard left turn on low gas, this might be the cause. The filter needs to be flat, at a 90 degree angle to the pump.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 PM

Alright, just got it around 5psi steady with a spike to 6psi when going on the throttle ( couldnt get this closer to 5... ) its hard and confusing but we will get there...
why are you trying to get it to 5psi? base boost is around 6psi. You can't set it at a boost lower than what the actuator spring is rated at.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:23 AM

I have a HRC pump with the correct fuel filter.. All brand new..

I self adjusted the wastegate actuator and it turned out to give only 5 psi with spikes to 6psi...
Old 08-15-2011, 01:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my walbro fuel pump is REALLY loud. more noticable than i first got it. my friend says it's a sign that its going bad. anyone ever heard of this?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:04 PM

I should watch your A/F's carefully! Mine went bad REAL quick and it started to run LEAN under boost.. Got a HRC pump and it cured my problem and its ALOT quieter!

And better, there isnt a reported malfunctioned HRC to date... Cant say that about a walbro!

Rumors are that walbros go bad pretty quick if you drive alot with less than half a tank of gas...

They also seem to go bad due to the fact that the oem pump wiring is only giving 12.x Volts to the pump instead of the 14.5 it should need to perform at its best..

I changed my wiring, got a HRC and am currently busy trying to get the parts i need for my surge tank setup so the fuel starve on left hand turns and hard 1st gear accel with low amounts of fuel in the tank ( 1/4th to half full )are gone
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 AM

What oil do you guys recommend?

I'm currently running Castrol MAGNATEC 5w40 fully synthetic but im THINKING on switching to Castrol EDGE 0w40 since that should be a better oil...

Any feedback?

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread