S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:51 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Regarding my recommendation on NOT using Royal Purple syn engine oil w/ the greddy turbos:

My ex-coworker at greddy who took over turbo rebuilds when i left notified me that they got a turbo tested by Royal Purple. This turbo had been using royal purple and exhibited the typical oil breakdown that we always saw when a customer used RP oil with greddy turbos. Royal Purple was a stand up company and admitted that the oil did fail and break down. They even offered to pay for the rebuild.

for RP as a company, but for use of RP in greddy turbos. RP may or may not work in other turbos (iono, i haven't looked into other turbos), but RP syn simply does not hold up in a greddy turbo.

I've had numerous 'heated' conversations with greddy dealers/customers who simply would not believe that their beloved RP oil would do this. I was happy to hear that we have a bit of proof now.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would reccomend the avc-r for people with boost creep issues, its very very good at controlling this
Old 12-12-2008, 04:40 AM

Motul 300v !best oil u can possibly get
Old 12-12-2008, 06:53 AM

I'm going to use Redline 5W-40 when I do my first oil change after the turbo in the spring. I'm getting that Mobile 1 out of my car!!

I just wish you could by Redline or Amsoil in stores and not have to order it.

What's the best filter to use??
Old 12-12-2008, 06:55 AM

I used the Motul stuff and now using Eneos; same idea for both.. fully synthetic oil as opposed to Mobil 1

I am using the stock filter.. oil is 5w40 IIRC.. i will change the oil every 5k
Old 12-12-2008, 09:19 AM

I'm using Redline 10W40 and LOVE it.
I got that Mobil 1 crap out of my car after 2 timing chain tensioner failures and I havent had a problem since.

I'm also on a 5K change interval.
I can and do buy my oil off the shelf at superautobachs here in socal.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:50 AM

^ I have yet to find it in a store hear in NC. I'll keep looking. How do you find the size of the filter. It's not on the Greddy filter (at least not in english).
Old 12-12-2008, 12:29 PM

what makes motul oil different.

ESTER OIL
Under normal conditions, oil forms a continuous film between two surfaces. This oil film provides hydrodynamic lubrication as it prevents direct metal-to-metal contact thereby reducing friction.

The ability to maintain a continuous layer of oil between two metal surfaces is an important attribute of an engine oil to provide fluid lubricity. Friction and wear result when this lubricant film is broken under high load conditions. This is where Esters excel in providing boundary lubrication. Ester has the propensity to reduce friction where other base oils fail.

Ester's molecules: consist of Oxygen (O), which has a positive polarity, and Hydrogen (H), which has a negative polarity. These two molecules electrically adsorb onto the metal surfaces and form a layer known as ad molecule film. It is this ad molecule film that makes Esters stand out from other oils (where film is created by viscosity).

The difference is obvious in its lubrication performance when starting the engine. With oils that depend on viscosity for film strength, pressure and oil will drop when the engine stops. When the engine is restarted, the film between the two metals no longer exists and this results to a dry start. Ad molecule film on the other hand, does not rely on viscosity for fluid lubrication. Therefore it is able to continuously lubricate between the two metals even if the engine stops.

In city driving, where there are frequent start and stop, these car engines are subjected to more stress than in racing. It is therefore more critical that the appropriate engine oil is chosen to protect car engines.

MOTUL uses Ester as base oil for its 4-stroke and 2-stroke engine oils.

Comparison Chart

ESTER AS BASE OIL FOR SYNTHETIC OIL
Before the introduction of Esters, the choice of base oils was based on its ability to control viscosity. It was thought then, that the thicker the oil the better it would be.

By employing Esters as the base for synthetic oil, MOTUL changed the conventional concept of synthetic lubricants. Esters are polar molecules that have the ability to electro-chemically bond with metals, so as to maintain a continuous lubricant film at high or low temperatures.

After experimenting with a variety of Esters, MOTUL selected Complex Esters in 1996 as its latest generation of base oils. Complex Esters have increased adsorption ability thereby making higher performance synthetic oils.

Complex Ester

from motul's official site.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, I'm using 5-w40 amsoil, so far so good.
Thinking about changing out the tensioner maybe....
Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by RichV,Dec 12 2008, 12:50 PM
^ I have yet to find it in a store hear in NC. I'll keep looking. How do you find the size of the filter. It's not on the Greddy filter (at least not in english).
I ONLY use OEM honda filters.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread