S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 03:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you have experience or have someone local that will tune the emanage then its ok. Most tuners can tune AEM and will not touch emanage.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzuka_Joe
with any log manifold above 7k ideally.

log manifolds are restrictive and during vtec the valves are opening with more lift and duration causing exhaust gas reversion and detonation. you raise vtec so you can somewhat limit exhaust reversion.

this is what tony told me at T1 when i got tuned there.

I sold my greddy kit like 2 months after i tuned it because it sounded like it was causing detonation above 8k rpms. sounds like rice on tin foil
^ what does he mean by the greddy kit was causing detonation above 8k rpms ? does the greddy kit always cause that on any s2k that has the kit installed ? or can a good tune or something fix that ? sorry for theses nooby questions like i said before im trying to do my homework n get everything right before i install , i wanna be as reliable as i can be . how about a fuel rail ? would i need that? also how does a blow off valve hook on to the kit ? the kit doesnt come with a blow off vavle
Old 06-10-2011, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would it be ok to drive about 20 miles to my tuner on a base map? he came and loaded the basemap and made sure everything was ok. mechanically i know it will be ok. like oil lines and what not. ive only driven up and down my street with it on. im sure it will beok to drive it there. just dont hit boost and take it easy right?

any experiences or thoughts?
Old 06-10-2011, 05:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should be fine. just watch your air fuels
Old 06-10-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats another thing...i have an auto meter a/f gauge. i havent hooked it up yet. this may sound dumb...but A: how to i hook it up? and B: is there a way to tap it into any of the emanage wires?
Old 06-10-2011, 07:42 PM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KCHRIS305
Originally Posted by Suzuka_Joe' timestamp='1307552303' post='20661776
with any log manifold above 7k ideally.

log manifolds are restrictive and during vtec the valves are opening with more lift and duration causing exhaust gas reversion and detonation. you raise vtec so you can somewhat limit exhaust reversion.

this is what tony told me at T1 when i got tuned there.

I sold my greddy kit like 2 months after i tuned it because it sounded like it was causing detonation above 8k rpms. sounds like rice on tin foil
^ what does he mean by the greddy kit was causing detonation above 8k rpms ? does the greddy kit always cause that on any s2k that has the kit installed ? or can a good tune or something fix that ? sorry for theses nooby questions like i said before im trying to do my homework n get everything right before i install , i wanna be as reliable as i can be . how about a fuel rail ? would i need that? also how does a blow off valve hook on to the kit ? the kit doesnt come with a blow off vavle

The greddy manifold is very restrictive and the small turbo doesnt breath enough for the F2xc. When the exhaust valves open under vtec especially spent exhaust from the manifold is pushed back into the cylinder and it has zero oxigen in it. The heat from these gases can cause the new air/fuel mixture to detonate. The pressure in the exhaust manifold is roughly twice that of the intake manifold.

You dont need a fuel rail until you wanna make 600+hp, Use wiki for the blow of valve q's
Old 06-10-2011, 09:47 PM

Ok got it . N will the pfab manifold help since its slightly ported?
Old 06-11-2011, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Pfab manifold has like 3 times the internal area that the greddy manifold has.

If you get it tuned well you don't have to worry about detonation. I had no problems with my kit detonating. I often drove and checked my logs after, or drove and had my wife holding the computer and watching the vitals. I had a list of 10 different things I looked at. Just run 93 or above, get the correct plugs and gap them correctly, get a good tune and be happy.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:28 AM

ok perfect afs2k thats exatcly what i wanted to hear . lol . im trying to be the most reliable . and what plugs did u use ? y wont stock plugs work ?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because they are too hot of a plug. Spark plugs have heat ranges. I and damn near everyone else run BKR8IEX which is one step colder than stock.

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread