S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

TTS Race Supercharger kit build thread. Rotrex C38-92.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by 06S2k07Si
Nuther motor? Wha happened?
Appears to have been a bad break in. Had a few engine wiring and coil pack issues that popped up after the built engine went into the car, harness was old, packs used, so just my luck I think some fuel washing happened during the most crucial part of the motors life ( the break in) and though I seemed to have maintained good compression, the leakdown was terrible in a couple cyclinders, oil usage just got worse and worse. I got maybe 15-18k miles out of the motor total and god knows how much money spent on oil keeping it topped off and going. I finally got tired of that and threw in the towel. I might just rebuild the bottom end, appears to just need a fresh hone and rings, maybe pistons. Will see what’s available in the used F22 market after I get some cash for selling my SC kit and decide which route to go....I think my boosted days are coming to a close though, cant afford it and road course the car too...
Old 10-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky

Appears to have been a bad break in. Had a few engine wiring and coil pack issues that popped up after the built engine went into the car, harness was old, packs used, so just my luck I think some fuel washing happened during the most crucial part of the motors life ( the break in) and though I seemed to have maintained good compression, the leakdown was terrible in a couple cyclinders, oil usage just got worse and worse. I got maybe 15-18k miles out of the motor total and god knows how much money spent on oil keeping it topped off and going. I finally got tired of that and threw in the towel. I might just rebuild the bottom end, appears to just need a fresh hone and rings, maybe pistons. Will see what’s available in the used F22 market after I get some cash for selling my SC kit and decide which route to go....I think my boosted days are coming to a close though, cant afford it and road course the car too...
Oh boy! ...sorry to hear that! Now I feel bad! ...no no no! ...you must have boost! ...crying...
Old 10-09-2014, 11:41 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by 06S2k07Si' timestamp='1412880109' post='23363159
Nuther motor? Wha happened?
Really sorry to hear this too!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Damn sorry to hear! You've gone through a lot of motors haven't you? Still self tuning them? Maybe time to get a stand alone and pro tune?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

06S2k07Si sent me his tune. Its very conservative with only 13 deg of ign adv at the top end. I'm sure there is a lot more to be had. If you have fuel good enough to run 20 deg you would have way over 500whp. I'm sure you will experiment a little in time
Old 10-13-2014, 03:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TTS Performance
06S2k07Si sent me his tune. Its very conservative with only 13 deg of ign adv at the top end. I'm sure there is a lot more to be had. If you have fuel good enough to run 20 deg you would have way over 500whp. I'm sure you will experiment a little in time

E85 or race gas for sure. Hell, e85 and more boost and timing!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Member (Premium)

Not knowing that much about tuning...does the tune look comparable to what you tune to using standard 93 octane fuel? Is 13deg less than one normally sees on 93?
Old 10-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by camuman

E85 or race gas for sure. Hell, e85 and more boost and timing!
Most likely next year!
Old 10-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06S2k07Si
Not knowing that much about tuning...does the tune look comparable to what you tune to using standard 93 octane fuel? Is 13deg less than one normally sees on 93?
If the ambient is pretty warm then it could be 13 is needed. In the UK I'm running around 17 deg. But I also set ignition per gear and run more advance in the lower gears as the load is not so great. The Hondata Flashpro is such a good tool. I would love to see a full first to top accel run. But I understand you could end up in jail
Old 10-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Member (Premium)

If the ambient is pretty warm then it could be 13 is needed. In the UK I'm running around 17 deg. But I also set ignition per gear and run more advance in the lower gears as the load is not so great. The Hondata Flashpro is such a good tool. I would love to see a full first to top accel run. But I understand you could end up in jail
Ambient was high 60'sF low 70'sF. Elevation is about 980ft. IAT was around 80-81deg F. NGK BKR8EIX gapped at .020".

Quick Reply: TTS Race Supercharger kit build thread. Rotrex C38-92.