S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

TTS Race Supercharger kit build thread. Rotrex C38-92.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:33 PM

Received 1,458 Likes on 1,081 Posts

So that second kit, from manual gearbox LLC, costs 2.5x of the one from hybrid racing, and has less springs. It only adds the one requires-trans-dissassbly 'return' spring, while not including some of the springs in the other kit.

But I'm not following how the odd looking return spring in the mgb llc kit differs in function from the LR neutral spring included in the hr kit.

That was the different colored spring, and it controls the Left Right nuetral centering action. Wouldn't that accomplish what the 'return spring' in the mgb llc kit claims to do?
Old 08-18-2021, 04:29 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Right. If I understand correctly, the MG kit has that additional spring that replaces another OEM spring that again is stiffer. I believe that spring is on the end of the gear selection shaft on the bell housing side of the trans. It aids in return to center in addition to the ball detent spring. Both are simply stiffer variants of the OEM pieces.I think for the cost of the HR kit and ease of installation it is a great kit. Only if one removes the trans would I consider installing the other spring.

The photos on the web page should explain this.

Here...
https://www.manualgearboxllc.com/wp-...822_112056.jpg

Last edited by 06S2k07Si; 08-18-2021 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 07:42 PM

Yes, I saw the photos on their site. But even if my trans was out why would I want to spend 2.5x and have to do surgery when the same end result could be accomplished so much cheaper and with only a socket and some Honda bond?

That made me question if I was understanding what the mgb llc version of the odd shaped internal return spring actually accomplishes. How it differs in results achieved from the HR LR neutral centering coil spring (helical spring) in the HR kit.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:37 AM
Member (Premium)

I understand that 100%. However, I do not believe it is the exact same result. If one were to buy the HR kit and find another source for the other spring that goes at the other end, that would be a more cost effective solution. I do believe that if that remaining spring were to be used, in conjunction with the others,, the overall centering force should be greater than if just the ball detent spring was used alone.

I've contemplated looking for another ball detent spring that is even stiffer yet than the one supplied in the HR kit for centering duties. I did order another HR kit for a friend so when I receive it I will look closer at the one stiffer spring in the kit and perhaps locally try to find a similar but yet stiffer one that than this. We'll see. We also should realize that in using these heavier ball detent springs, there will be some increased wear on the detents where the balls engage. To what extent i don't know yet. Perhaps its minimal.

Last edited by 06S2k07Si; 08-19-2021 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:13 AM

Well part of the reason this mods results are so effective seem to be the original springs lose their sprong. So guessing detent wear isn't a big deal.

I get that the results might not be identical, but if both greatly improve the same thing (talking only about how the two kits differ, how they improve neutral LR centering), and one requires removing and disassembling the trans, and the other just requires removing a bolt (albeit a little hard to reach), and there is also a 2.5x cost difference, its easy to see which one is more appealing.

Even if the mgv llc version had superior results (which isn't currently known), is that worth the 2.5x cost and extreme install difficulty?

In placing my order, I realize I got the cost wrong for the HR kit. Its $29, not sure where I got $38 I thought it was. So the kit cost difference is actually almost 3.5x, not 2.5x!

It bothers me not only are we contaminating this thread with off topic discussion, we're burying a discussion some might find useful, but will never stumble across.

Perhaps a mod can move this content to a new thread? Not sure if that is a thing or not.
The following users liked this post:
06S2k07Si (08-19-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 05:28 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Well part of the reason this mods results are so effective seem to be the original springs lose their sprong. So guessing detent wear isn't a big deal.

I get that the results might not be identical, but if both greatly improve the same thing (talking only about how the two kits differ, how they improve neutral LR centering), and one requires removing and disassembling the trans, and the other just requires removing a bolt (albeit a little hard to reach), and there is also a 2.5x cost difference, its easy to see which one is more appealing.

Even if the mgv llc version had superior results (which isn't currently known), is that worth the 2.5x cost and extreme install difficulty?

In placing my order, I realize I got the cost wrong for the HR kit. Its $29, not sure where I got $38 I thought it was. So the kit cost difference is actually almost 3.5x, not 2.5x!

It bothers me not only are we contaminating this thread with off topic discussion, we're burying a discussion some might find useful, but will never stumble across.

Perhaps a mod can move this content to a new thread? Not sure if that is a thing or not.
Agreed. I'm good with it if they can.

It is $29... plus shipping was $38 my cost which is why i posted $38.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:47 AM

Received 648 Likes on 441 Posts

Damnit, now I wanna get these too. No sorcery required with the trans installed, Brian? I'm assuming a ratcheting box wrench with maybe a flex head will do?
Old 08-19-2021, 07:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Kyle
Damnit, now I wanna get these too. No sorcery required with the trans installed, Brian? I'm assuming a ratcheting box wrench with maybe a flex head will do?
Yup. It's a little tricky but no big deal.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:52 AM
Member (Premium)

A few more additional items to install...

Blox ridgid collars (Spoon copies) $161 shipped for a set of 6.

Megan Racing rear roll center adjusters (extended lower ball joints) $147 shipped.

Balladesports front lower offset ball joint spacers/camber kit from FB marketplace brand new $160 shipped.

Last edited by 06S2k07Si; 08-20-2021 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 03:38 PM
Member (Premium)

Rigid collars and Ohlins installed. RCA's to be installed yet and corner balance and alignment are scheduled.

Last edited by 06S2k07Si; 09-11-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Quick Reply: TTS Race Supercharger kit build thread. Rotrex C38-92.