S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

TTS Race Supercharger kit build thread. Rotrex C38-92.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
I plan on remaking the intake pipe with all tubing. Initially I was going to build one like yours, but due to the thicker radiator & shroud, a 90 degree bend wasn't possible without making contact with the radiator shroud. My fabricator was pressed for time, so we just build this instead. I've since gotten a cast 90 elbow with a much tighter bend radius and will eventually have a new intake fabricated. The intake is 3.5"

Yeah I noticed the cable making contact with the bracket. I'll either put some kind of protective sleeve on the outside of the cable or tweak the bracket. I didn't really have the time yesterday to look into it further.

I was going to make my own build thread but it's similar enough to yours that it would be a waste of time. Just figured I'd add some stuff to this "official" TTS thread. I won't threadjack anymore though, sorry, lol.
OK... Got it.

Just FYI, I got all of my piping from cxracing.com. They have a cast "U" in 3.5" that I cut in half for my 90 that enters the blower. I then used the remaining 90 from the cast "U", cut to appropriate size, for the end that is closest to the filter...and then a very short straight piece to mount the filter on to. The middle section is a 45 that I kept cutting down to follow the routing above the radiator fan shroud. I also trimmed the shroud fins for clearance. After I clearanced that I used heat to bring the trimmed plastic back to the black color it originally was. During the trimming the plastic tends to get whiteish and using a bit of heat brings it right back to black.

https://www.cxracing.com/aluminum-pipe

Here's the piece I used... https://www.cxracing.com/aluminum-pi...EB350-U-CAST-P

No worries, I'm just poking at ya!

Last edited by 06S2k07Si; 06-04-2021 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:50 PM
Member (Premium)

As I suspected...broke just like the first Competition Clutch Stage 2 disc did...

Old 06-10-2021, 06:29 PM
Member (Premium)

New parts...Ohlins...

The following users liked this post:
Kyle (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 06:52 AM

Received 648 Likes on 441 Posts

You're going to be very happy with the Ohlins!

I ended up tweaking my cruise control cable bracket ever so slightly so it's no longer making contact with the strut bar mount. Angle of the pic kinda sucks, but there's a decent gap between the cable and the mount now. I thought I was going to need to get much more creative with it, but it was very easy to manipulate with a pair of channel locks and a rag.

Getting an alignment tomorrow & tune for 93 & E85 is scheduled for next Thursday at 5pm. Anxious to get some numbers!
06S2k07Si (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 01:10 PM
Member (Premium)

You're going to be very happy with the Ohlins!

I ended up tweaking my cruise control cable bracket ever so slightly so it's no longer making contact with the strut bar mount. Angle of the pic kinda sucks, but there's a decent gap between the cable and the mount now. I thought I was going to need to get much more creative with it, but it was very easy to manipulate with a pair of channel locks and a rag.

Getting an alignment tomorrow & tune for 93 & E85 is scheduled for next Thursday at 5pm. Anxious to get some numbers!
Looks good! Fantastic Sir! Best of luck on the numbers!
Old 06-18-2021, 05:11 AM

Hit the dyno last night! Made 427 whp and 276 tq on 93 octane. Tuner actually had to lower the redline because the car was making way too much boost; 20-21 psi lol. Having a problem with ethanol, not getting enough fuel. We suspect a bad fpr because after a certain point it starts losing pressure as boost continues to rise. Ordered a new diaphragm for it and the .250 orifice (dunno which one is currently installed as it didn't come with any others in the box)
Old 06-18-2021, 07:31 AM
Member (Premium)

Hit the dyno last night! Made 427 whp and 276 tq on 93 octane. Tuner actually had to lower the redline because the car was making way too much boost; 20-21 psi lol. Having a problem with ethanol, not getting enough fuel. We suspect a bad fpr because after a certain point it starts losing pressure as boost continues to rise. Ordered a new diaphragm for it and the .250 orifice (dunno which one is currently installed as it didn't come with any others in the box)
Interesting that you're making that much boost. What are your pulley sizes?

What was your boost level at 427 WHP?
Old 06-20-2021, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by 06S2k07Si
Interesting that you're making that much boost. What are your pulley sizes?

What was your boost level at 427 WHP?
It's a 90mm pulley. I told Richard I wanted to max out the blower on my Ap1. When I received my kit and saw the BoM it was sent with I was surprised to see 90mm. He told me it slightly overspins the blower at 9000 rpm, but he hasn't seen any issues with it on his kits because they use a much nicer oil cooler than KW. He said they differentiate the crank pulley sizes between the Ap1 & Ap2 instead, so the Ap1 has a slightly smaller crank pulley than the Ap2.

It was making 15-17 psi @ 8k rpm to make 427 whp. He said at 9k it was making closer to 21 lbs which was way beyond what he was comfortable with on 93. He can tailor my maps so my redline limit rises in accordance with ethanol content, so I can make max boost @ 9k RPM on ethanol, but the issue I'm having is I simply can't get enough fuel when running ethanol. He said my 1300cc injectors were at max duty cycle at only 400whp.....we suspected either the fuel pump or the FPR. I inspected the FPR and found the diaphragm to be okay and it already has the largest orifice installed. For whatever reason I'm losing fuel pressure up top.

Fuel pressure is rising with boost up to about 10 lbs of boost, and then it starts dropping back down.....So at this point my pump is suspect. I'm assuming it isn't getting the required voltage/amperage to supply what's demanded at the rail, which is strange because it's a hardwired Walbro 450....but at this point what else could it be? I suppose I can get my injectors flow-tested in the meantime, because I'm not too keen on pulling out this fuel pump....
06S2k07Si (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 06:50 PM
Member (Premium)

Thanks for the info.

Funny, my car is having a similar problem. I'm now at 65psi base pressure and about E77-E78 (was originally tuned on E65) and just barely have enough fuel above 8300rpm. Looking into upgrading the feed lines. ...more to figure out. ...to be continued...
Old 06-24-2021, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by 06S2k07Si
Thanks for the info.

Funny, my car is having a similar problem. I'm now at 65psi base pressure and about E77-E78 (was originally tuned on E65) and just barely have enough fuel above 8300rpm. Looking into upgrading the feed lines. ...more to figure out. ...to be continued...
Yeah I'm heavily considering just revamping my entire system at this point including doing larger feeds as well....I wanna do this once and be done with that....I said that with my current setup though....For now the car is going to have to sit, I have other obligations and priorities right now; after having spent the past 6 months going hard to have the car out for the summer, now that this happened it's kinda killed the season as well as the mood for me....the car is tucked away in the corner of the shop right now and I just don't feel like dealing with it for the immediate future lol.

To add: When I installed my rail/regulator I set it to 50 psi base pressure (vac disconnected) and everything went fine for the 93 pulls on the dyno. When we switched to ethanol the content ended up at 73%. After having issues with not getting enough fuel we upped the base pressure to 60 psi and still had the same issue. It seems when demand is highest, aka WOT under boost, is when the pump simply can't put out, regardless of base pressure, it reaches a certain threshold and then starts dropping off. My pump is hardwired similarly to yours, with a much larger & more robust relay than what SOS supplies, so I wasn't expecting to have the issues I'm having. What model 450 are you running?

Quick Reply: TTS Race Supercharger kit build thread. Rotrex C38-92.