S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

trouble starting up on E85

Old 10-30-2011, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on your ecu and ecu's startup abilities you can overcome this. If I remember correctly Flash Pro doesn't have cranking fuel/ignition tables based on coolant temperature, only rpm and load?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by InductionPerformance
Depending on your ecu and ecu's startup abilities you can overcome this. If I remember correctly Flash Pro doesn't have cranking fuel/ignition tables based on coolant temperature, only rpm and load?
it has a cranking fuel table based on rpm and load but it doesn't work too well. the first time i tuned a car on e85 with flashpro i messed with the cranking fuel table and it didn't do much.

there's a air temperature fuel compensation cranking table and a water temperature fuel compensation cranking table. the base maps don't pull too much fuel from the air temperature fuel compensation cranking table but they pull a ton of fuel from the water temperature fuel compensation cranking table.

what i do is highlight the entire water temperature fuel compensation cranking table and add back some fuel till the car starts great when warm. then just double check the next day when the car is cold.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by b.r.i.a.n.
Originally Posted by InductionPerformance' timestamp='1319991888' post='21113769
it has a cranking fuel table based on rpm and load but it doesn't work too well. the first time i tuned a car on e85 with flashpro i messed with the cranking fuel table and it didn't do much.

there's a air temperature fuel compensation cranking table and a water temperature fuel compensation cranking table. the base maps don't pull too much fuel from the air temperature fuel compensation cranking table but they pull a ton of fuel from the water temperature fuel compensation cranking table.

what i do is highlight the entire water temperature fuel compensation cranking table and add back some fuel till the car starts great when warm. then just double check the next day when the car is cold.
i'll give your suggestion a try. hope that will fix it. thanks for your help!
Old 10-30-2011, 01:58 PM

thanks for the pointers brian...
Old 11-05-2011, 08:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by D1sclaimer
For my AEM series 1, here's my cold start settings. When I drove to Minnesota earlier this year, it started just fine in -4 degree winter weather. E85 needs more fuel to start in cold weather so the tune needs to be adjusted. Every car is different so it will need some tweaking with. I pretty much copied what I found on EvolutionM.net and messed a tad with it.

Anyone on E85 with AEM tried using these settings with better results?

Thinking of giving it a try.