S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Transmission?

Old 03-30-2011, 12:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DOG set off ppg gears is over 9k new. You would be hard pressed to find a used set but there is one for sale on honda tech for 6500 right now .

The swap laivins did to Stantaurs car is a T5 gfroce has redone . That trans will be limited somewhat with growth in power where as PPG wont really be limited for a street car. PPG will be cheaper all in all for the snychro sets

To custom run that gforce and not have a machine shop avaliable will cost you a pretty penny and used gf5r's are still 4500 and as red said finding the correct gear ratios are almost a dream.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for clearing up the price on the ppg straigh cut. That's almost unbelievable for a set of gears that uses the oem platform! We come by used gforce all the time for 4 to 5k with ratios that are more "v8" friendly. I believe s2king is the one selling the ppg complete tranny for like 6200 or so on Honda-tech.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:48 PM

s2king is the one selling it . Also on his website he is selling some King performance gears which im sure are just PAR gear sets.

PPG has a issue in making gear sets for a s2000 but I know they are starting to make em now . I put my money down already with a delivery date in May. The dog gears they sell for 9300 is just insane . Nobody serious about racing even considers them a option for that price and they you have to wait months for them to get to making a set.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how are a set of gears this much money? its almost 10 grand, this is insane
Old 03-30-2011, 02:19 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
Originally Posted by redboost10' timestamp='1301504649' post='20412006
are you talking about s2k oem parts or custom parts like the gforce?

for the gforce, everything is custom basically, maybe custom is the wrong word, but pieced together with a custom adapter plate. gforce makes a custom input shaft to whatever specs you need.

i dont know what the stock spline count is on the input shaft. but yes its possible to changeit.

for example im running 40 spline axles into my 9" ford rear end with a spool.
Custom parts like the gforce.

Basically what I'm asking is what I would need to do if I bought some random used gforce trans from somewhere? Sounds like you're saying I'd need a custom made input shaft that was S2000 specific and then a custom adapter plate made for the driveshaft. Is that correct? Is there something specifically I need to look for to know that it will be compatible or that the shifter will be in the right position?

I'm not talking/worried about the diff or axles. I have the IP kit.
It doesnt matter what spline your trans is. Your trans shaft doesnt connect to the engine, it connects to the spline input of the clutch discs and thats it.

All you have to do is make sure you get a clutch and flywheel that will work with the bellhousing you're going to use and that the clutch discs also work with the splines of you trans.....Thats it as far as what you asked about.

Other custom work will need to be done to get everything else to fit and work.

One thing I like about the Tremec t56 is that the shifter can be moved around to fit in the S2k and look stock without having to cut anything up. Bad thing is.......I've heard it wont shift well at rpms over 8k. Maybe someone else knows more about this.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:08 PM

Face plated t56 will shift beyond 9k bad part about t56 is the size of it all .You will need some trans tunnel massaging as far as I know.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 PM

z33 transmission adapter, somebody make it already. It keeps it a 6 speed since a lot of people would care, and its stronger than whats in the car and they are CHEAP and strong. f@#k all those gearsets, if you break one you toss in another cheap trans instead of waiting for a gear from a company.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 AM

Why not a beefy domestic auto with a nice stall converter? Not as much fun as a stick, but it'd hold power and launch way better.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots are using powerglides/th350/th400. Just be sure you have enough gear ratio in the rear end.

Cuts down on the fun.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Possibly a stupid question, but is there a reason no one has tried to use a z32 transmission? I thought I remembered seeing that they were good to 600WTQ or something fairly high like that...

Quick Reply: Transmission?