S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Transmission?

Old 03-29-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by redboost10
The gforce doesn't care what rpm. Just like with any other straight cut gear set.

We shift at 10.5 to 11k.
I was looking into the Tremec t56, but had heard that it wouldnt be good at rpm shifts above around 8k rpm. Thats why I asked about the Gforce and figured it would be the same.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It does help to have some sort of ignition interrupt when shifting
Old 03-29-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Originally Posted by redboost10' timestamp='1301426002' post='20408304
Godmachine stated ppg gears are about 5k. I have not seen them under 7k

Gforce trans is 6200. Bellhousing is 400. No worries of it breaking.
How does the Gforce do with high rpm shifts? 9500+ rpm?
Any gear thats straight cut /face plated in theory wont have a limit on when it can change gears
Old 03-30-2011, 07:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TerminatioN
I'm kind of a newb when it comes to transmissions... can someone explain (in laymans terms if possible) the different components to transmissions, and how to match them up to the rest of your driveline? By that I mean stuff like the bellhousing, splines, and how all that mates up to the engine/driveshaft etc...

That would be greatly appreciated...
Anyone wanna help me out here?
Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 AM

Bellhousing is the part of the tranny that mates up to the engine block. Driveshaft is the long tube between the tranny and rear end. The splines that vary in number are the input shaft splines which is the part of the tranny that slides into the clutch discs, and there are also splines on the axles in the rear end. The rear end has to match the axle splines.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 AM

Bellhousing is the part of the tranny that mates up to the engine block. Driveshaft is the long tube between the tranny and rear end. The splines that vary in number are the input shaft splines which is the part of the tranny that slides into the clutch discs, and there are also splines on the axles in the rear end. The rear end has to match the axle splines.
Ok, so for the front of the transmission to work you have to have the correct spline count (how many is that btw?) and a bellhousing that will fit (custom, likely?). Is it possible to change the spline count, or adapt it or something, or do you just have to get a custom input shaft made, or how does that work?
What about the back? How do you make it mate up to the driveshaft properly?
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 AM

are you talking about s2k oem parts or custom parts like the gforce?

for the gforce, everything is custom basically, maybe custom is the wrong word, but pieced together with a custom adapter plate. gforce makes a custom input shaft to whatever specs you need.

i dont know what the stock spline count is on the input shaft. but yes its possible to changeit.

for example im running 40 spline axles into my 9" ford rear end with a spool.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:11 AM

are you talking about s2k oem parts or custom parts like the gforce?

for the gforce, everything is custom basically, maybe custom is the wrong word, but pieced together with a custom adapter plate. gforce makes a custom input shaft to whatever specs you need.

i dont know what the stock spline count is on the input shaft. but yes its possible to changeit.

for example im running 40 spline axles into my 9" ford rear end with a spool.
Custom parts like the gforce.

Basically what I'm asking is what I would need to do if I bought some random used gforce trans from somewhere? Sounds like you're saying I'd need a custom made input shaft that was S2000 specific and then a custom adapter plate made for the driveshaft. Is that correct? Is there something specifically I need to look for to know that it will be compatible or that the shifter will be in the right position?

I'm not talking/worried about the diff or axles. I have the IP kit.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you also have to worry about the shifter being in the right place, and ur gonna upgrade your tranny and not touch ur differential?
Old 03-30-2011, 10:25 AM

with a gforce, youll most likely have to do some work to the tunnel area where the shifter comes through the floor. like i said, i have no idea what spline the oem input shaft is. im running a custom made pressure plate and clutch discs to match my input shaft from gfoce. but yes you will need to make sure the splines match up and that the correct pilot bearing is used in the flywheel, and that the input shaft is long enough due to the thickness of the adapter plate. adapter plate will be a custom made piece. i know a lot of guys are putting powerglides/th400/th350 behind the s2k engine now so there are a few shops making adapter plates, we made mine. the problem with finding a used gfoce for a high revving 4 cyl is the gear ratios.

to be honest, the gforce trans isnt needed for most applications. the syncrho ppg gear set godmachine mentioned will be more than enough for a lot of setups on here and cheaper. ppg also has a straight cut gear set that can handle a bit more power for a bit more money.

if i had a oem chassis s2k, id be running the ppg gear set in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply: Transmission?