S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Tips for the Track (1/4)

Old 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to launching my s2000 its much different then FWD. Was launching 7000RPM and it fell on its face bad.

Just come out and give it hell

If it makes you feel any better I was launching at 7000RPM 30lbs of boost. Sidestepping it. Stock diff and tranny
Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

At your power level you will probably loose at least 5mph and 2 seconds off when your car is supper to run if u don't launch it and if u don't want to shift it hard
Old 09-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aint no trick to driving. Put it in gear, rev it up, and let it go. Go as hard as you wanna go. Your gonna get to run more than once[if you don't break it]. I've made hundreds of passes at my local strip and let me tell you its always a rush, some of the most fun you'll have with your car. Be warned however, you'll be easily addicted. Might as well call Full Blown and order up a 8.8 kit and the supra trans. Good luck
Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls
Ok, so I have decided in a few weeks (October) I am going to run Race gas for the first time since my tune and see what the Car does at the 1/4 track (ATCO, NJ). I have new tires, will change out Diff fluid as well as Tranny fluid and head to the track. I plan on running low boost from 1st to second, then high boost from 3rd on. I don't plan on launching the car, nor do I plan on slamming the gears, just looking for some other pointers...........

Basically, what I am asking is what are the chances my Dff & and or Tranny go if I take it to the track. Car makes 450TRQ on Q16....... Also, I am really only concerned about mph, if I slowly roll out in 1st and take it easy in 2nd, will that kill my MPH, or not really?
Your 1/4 is very dependant upon your short times. Without good to decent short times you will never be happy with your 1/4 times. What's your wheel/tire setup for the track?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your 1/4 mile is mostly going to come out of a launch...with what you are looking for joey what you described you will be fine. no need to do a hard launch. just slip clutch and shift. you a gt35R for a reason...its also ball bearing for a reason to reduce spool time. just go out and shift...what every you feel comfortable with. No need to rape your trans if you dont do it on the street in roll racing. i just drive the same...its your car.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:29 PM

yeah i just went to the track with stock diff and tranny street tires at 500whp and a little over 300trq just drove it off the line then got on it ran pretty slow did a 13.8 at 116mph so you will b disapointed if you dont launch it plus im doing boost by speed.... slicks and launch with 15psi all the way down would have been nice
Old 09-07-2011, 04:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Spectacle,

Though I appreciate your bad-ass, balls to the wall approach, we both know "going hard" with 450 Ft/lbs of Torque is going to reek havoc on my Diff, and slamming the gears will rape my transmission. I want to get a better idea of how much power my car really makes (not just Dyno #). Like I said, I am more interested in MPH. I was under the impression you don't have to launch the car or slam the gears to get a semi-accurate MPH, I guess I'm wrong?
I applaud your desire to actually get out and run your car at the track. I wish more people would do it instead of hiding behind a dyno number. That said, your "450 ft/lbs of torque" means nothing until you have a timeslip to back it up. I've seen 300whp Civics run 11's and 700whp Poopra's run 12's. You need to really think about what you're doing before you get there. Here are my tips:

#1 - do not go on street tires. Not worth it and the chances of you breaking something go through the roof if you do
#2 - do not go alone. Have someone to help you line up the car and give you pointers in the pits (that knows what they're doing)
#3 - have a backup plan to get home (AAA, buddy with a trailer). Shit happens.
#4 - don't worry about taking off when the light goes green. If you're there to learn the car, concentrate and get your launch down without worrying about taking off right when the light drops.
#5 - tire pressure makes a huge difference. get a digital gauge and keep track of what pressures give you the best 60fts.
#6 - know how to adjust your boost or take someone with you that does. The car will act different and make need more to get it through the traps where you want it to

Now with all THAT said, back to your original comment "I was under the impression you don't have to launch the car or slam the gears to get a semi-accurate MPH, I guess I'm wrong?". You don't want to be the guy doing 13.0 @ 130mph. Its really funny to watch, but not so funny to tell others about. Yes, you need to launch it and hell yes, you're going to have to slam some goddamn gears. Pull up your skirt and go have some fun.

Good luck.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put on new bridgestone re-11s, they have less than 500 miles on them. maybe I can see about some Drag radials at at the least.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 AM

I just put on new bridgestone re-11s, they have less than 500 miles on them. maybe I can see about some Drag radials at at the least.
If you launch with those tires a few times. You will need a new diff.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yea, I dont plan on launching street tire or not, but will still look into some drag radials

Quick Reply: Tips for the Track (1/4)