S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Tips for the Track (1/4)

Old 09-06-2011, 01:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tips for the Track (1/4)

Ok, so I have decided in a few weeks (October) I am going to run Race gas for the first time since my tune and see what the Car does at the 1/4 track (ATCO, NJ). I have new tires, will change out Diff fluid as well as Tranny fluid and head to the track. I plan on running low boost from 1st to second, then high boost from 3rd on. I don't plan on launching the car, nor do I plan on slamming the gears, just looking for some other pointers...........

Basically, what I am asking is what are the chances my Dff & and or Tranny go if I take it to the track. Car makes 450TRQ on Q16....... Also, I am really only concerned about mph, if I slowly roll out in 1st and take it easy in 2nd, will that kill my MPH, or not really?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls
I don't plan on launching the car, nor do I plan on slamming the gears, just looking for some other pointers...........
Then don't waste your time.

You're not going to run anything close to your potential if you go out there pussy footing around. Either go hard or don't go at all.

No tips and tricks in the world can make up for a scared driver.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No tips and tricks in the world can make up for a scared driver.
Your posts rule
Old 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls
Ok, so I have decided in a few weeks (October) I am going to run Race gas for the first time since my tune and see what the Car does at the 1/4 track (ATCO, NJ). I have new tires, will change out Diff fluid as well as Tranny fluid and head to the track. I plan on running low boost from 1st to second, then high boost from 3rd on. I don't plan on launching the car, nor do I plan on slamming the gears, just looking for some other pointers...........

Basically, what I am asking is what are the chances my Dff & and or Tranny go if I take it to the track. Car makes 450TRQ on Q16....... Also, I am really only concerned about mph, if I slowly roll out in 1st and take it easy in 2nd, will that kill my MPH, or not really?

I'm in your same boat. The track is a completely different world compared to the roll racing I'm used to on the street. As noob as it sounds, I'm thinking about paying for the drag/driving lessons they offer at the track nearest to me before I start getting my car timed. if it's available to you, it wouldn't hurt to consider something like this, especially with the careful predicament you're in. Otherwise, I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable s2kers could pitch in some instant advice- I'll listen too!
lolol at spectacle's comment btw
Old 09-06-2011, 02:31 PM

I guess it depends on the type of person you are. I said I was going to take it easy and not launch and just roll off but that changed after my first run.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM

go to test and tune at etown and learn ur car......im not sure if atco does test and tune
Old 09-06-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is low boost on your setup? If its under 14psi or less you should be OK, I launched my car quite a few times on the street at that power level. Its 2nd gear you have to worry about.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Preload on the ebrake and rev it around 5k and let the pedal up quick . Then TRY and modulate wheelspin . DONT let it wheel hop or else ......... BOOM !!! Also if on street tires then dont bother doing a big burnout . Preloading is crucial here .
Old 09-06-2011, 03:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Low Boost is 12lbs, high is 21 (Q16), I was under the impression MPH is relatively going to be the same, +/- a few MPH (rolling off the line, as opposed to launching etc........)

Spectacle,

Though I appreciate your bad-ass, balls to the wall approach, we both know "going hard" with 450 Ft/lbs of Torque is going to reek havoc on my Diff, and slamming the gears will rape my transmission. I want to get a better idea of how much power my car really makes (not just Dyno #). Like I said, I am more interested in MPH. I was under the impression you don't have to launch the car or slam the gears to get a semi-accurate MPH, I guess I'm wrong?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:05 PM

Like spectacle said you might aswell stay home, I understand where your coming from as you dont wanna break anything but at that point theres no reason to go really if you aint gunna push it. I understand your trying to gauge you car based on speed but when I goto the track all I care about is beating the guy next to me and the e/t.
-Chris

Quick Reply: Tips for the Track (1/4)