S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Supra V160 Getrag Conversion

Old 01-30-2014, 09:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can the guys with the issue(s) post pics? fwiw, I haven't had any issues with my 5.9 axles/hubs; ~1k miles or so (many of them being HARD miles when I was street tuning the car).
Old 01-30-2014, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If ur axle looks like this in the hub then theyre fine according to dss
Old 01-30-2014, 01:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That doesn't look right at all
Old 01-30-2014, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by camuman
i felt the same way even called/emailed dss sent them the same pics they said its good so far i havent had any issue with the axles or with the abs
Old 01-30-2014, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Phill24
Originally Posted by camuman' timestamp='1391119866' post='22991460
i felt the same way even called/emailed dss sent them the same pics they said its good so far i havent had any issue with the axles or with the abs
Makes no sense I would think they would want to lose the entire spline

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-30-2014, 05:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, might as well put all this money into somehow making the stock diff a beast....
Old 02-21-2014, 06:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My kit has been on the car for over a year and works flawlessly. I ran into a couple issues and noticed some things, but in the end it worked.

1. I had to use spacers above and below the front mounting ears.

2. Notch the top of the pumpkin and massage back the fuel tank shielding.

3. Replace a hub that was in the kit because one was thicker than the other where the splines were.

4. The ABS sensor is way off centered to the ABS ring BUT it still works.

5. Axle side play (in and out of inner cup) was out of spec based on what DSS mentioned 1/2" on one side, .9" on the other. They stated that it shouldnt exceed 3/4" BUT it worked just fine. They actually sent me another axle based on the measurements I gave them and that one was too long and wouldnt even fit into the hub, so I returned it and kept the original "out of spec" one. It works well.

6. THE BIGGEST gripe that I have but not a huge deal I guess is that the stock rims are extremely hard to get on and off the hubs because its machined to the freakin T and I have to literally kick, punch, and pull the rim off with all my strength. To get it on, I have to walk it on with an impact...taking it off sucks.

The diff is quiet with no vibrations or whine so in the end, im a happy customer.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowSi
My kit has been on the car for over a year and works flawlessly. I ran into a couple issues and noticed some things, but in the end it worked.

3. Replace a hub that was in the kit because one was thicker than the other where the splines were.

5. Axle side play (in and out of inner cup) was out of spec based on what DSS mentioned 1/2" on one side, .9" on the other. They stated that it shouldnt exceed 3/4" BUT it worked just fine. They actually sent me another axle based on the measurements I gave them and that one was too long and wouldnt even fit into the hub, so I returned it and kept the original "out of spec" one. It works well.

6. THE BIGGEST gripe that I have but not a huge deal I guess is that the stock rims are extremely hard to get on and off the hubs because its machined to the freakin T and I have to literally kick, punch, and pull the rim off with all my strength. To get it on, I have to walk it on with an impact...taking it off sucks.

The diff is quiet with no vibrations or whine so in the end, im a happy customer.
lol x2
Old 02-21-2014, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 1SlowSi

X3 with after market wheels that problem goes away
Old 02-24-2014, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Phill24
If ur axle looks like this in the hub then theyre fine according to dss
This is probably why I bought the inlinePro kit, I got a split boot in the outer driver side halfshaft and took a pic and sent it to DSS and they overnight sent me a new boot, clamp, and grease for free! I like DSS and Great product from InlinePro! No issues with what I bought sorry you guys went with full-blown, I had friends telling me to go that route but I preferred a shop that has been in the Honda business for years IMO. Hope you all get your stuff worked out. The R200 diff fit perfectly and no need to "massage" anything outta the way. Straight bolt in from what I remember

Quick Reply: Supra V160 Getrag Conversion