S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Supra V160 Getrag Conversion

Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill try and get him to post on here
Old 07-10-2012, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
got my speedo healer working, drove the car, trans feels good, few problems though, its kicking out of second, feels like its just barely hitting something preventing it from fully being in second, makes me think the linkage is the slighest bit too short, or the shifter bracket is slightly too long, and man is this thing freaken loud, also I only took a 10 min drive and the trans was hot as shit, I wanna hear from full blown on the second gear thing, anyone else with the swap have any problems with second? but i must say it shifts so nice and feels great, the thing with second was really only happening when i would be rolling in neutral and try to go into second it would just kick out, normal shifting it seemed to stay in second ok
-matt
had the same problem when i first installed mine,
I ended up removing one of those square rings that sits around the supra shifter, it was blocking it from going into 2nd all the way. as for the trans heating up, mine does get very hot. I can feel the heat through my centre console. No issues so far from the heat
Old 07-11-2012, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by p0staboy
Originally Posted by passmans2kny' timestamp='1341974177' post='21849922
got my speedo healer working, drove the car, trans feels good, few problems though, its kicking out of second, feels like its just barely hitting something preventing it from fully being in second, makes me think the linkage is the slighest bit too short, or the shifter bracket is slightly too long, and man is this thing freaken loud, also I only took a 10 min drive and the trans was hot as shit, I wanna hear from full blown on the second gear thing, anyone else with the swap have any problems with second? but i must say it shifts so nice and feels great, the thing with second was really only happening when i would be rolling in neutral and try to go into second it would just kick out, normal shifting it seemed to stay in second ok-matt
had the same problem when i first installed mine, I ended up removing one of those square rings that sits around the supra shifter, it was blocking it from going into 2nd all the way. as for the trans heating up, mine does get very hot. I can feel the heat through my centre console. No issues so far from the heat
you removed the square with the reverse lock out thing?, I was thinking about just trimming that a little where second gear is with a dremel
Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by p0staboy' timestamp='1341985580' post='21850272
[quote name='passmans2kny' timestamp='1341974177' post='21849922']got my speedo healer working, drove the car, trans feels good, few problems though, its kicking out of second, feels like its just barely hitting something preventing it from fully being in second, makes me think the linkage is the slighest bit too short, or the shifter bracket is slightly too long, and man is this thing freaken loud, also I only took a 10 min drive and the trans was hot as shit, I wanna hear from full blown on the second gear thing, anyone else with the swap have any problems with second? but i must say it shifts so nice and feels great, the thing with second was really only happening when i would be rolling in neutral and try to go into second it would just kick out, normal shifting it seemed to stay in second ok-matt
had the same problem when i first installed mine, I ended up removing one of those square rings that sits around the supra shifter, it was blocking it from going into 2nd all the way. as for the trans heating up, mine does get very hot. I can feel the heat through my centre console. No issues so far from the heat
you removed the square with the reverse lock out thing?, I was thinking about just trimming that a little where second gear is with a dremel
[/quote]
yes theirs 2 of them, i took both them out.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:44 AM

so your running it with no bushing? hows it feel?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 AM

so your running it with no bushing? hows it feel?
it has the bushings their still. those square things arn't bushings.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:57 PM

yes but they hold the bushing in
Old 07-11-2012, 05:19 PM

drove again today, i reset those lock down squares and tightened them down hard, drove the car to the gym and back, never kicked out of second, and i think for the first time ever @ this power I did a hard 1-2 shift and it felt amazing, my speedo is still reading a little high but thats an easy fix, but these long gears and the feeling of knowing nothing will break(lol ok most likely) is just amazing, car shifts like butter and its super easy to drive, only downside is its loud as f@#k, the trans, the exhaust, and a few rattles i have just make this wall of loud noise, but i still love it, really enjoying the car now, finally, to lj and the guys at full blown for making this awesome conversion
Old 07-11-2012, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really does feel awesome I know what you mean, but god damn its loud lol. Supra guys say they need to have a heavy flywheel to keep noise down if not its just like our situation.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice passman, im happy for you. :thumbsup:

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Supra V160 Getrag Conversion