S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

supercharger torque ?

Old 11-11-2005, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger torque ?

Can anyone relay experience with Comptech S/C and performance below vtec. I have seen several HP & torque curves which show no gain before 3500-4000 rpm. At what point does it become noticable? I understand the Comptech is designed to match the performance characteristics of the stock power curve only more of it. FYI, if you have not already seen it, the Nov. issue of SPEED Magazine has a good article "Tuner S2000 Battle Royale" testing five different ways of tuning the S2 including AEM, Mackin Industries (turbo), and Comptech. Very complete test showing dyno results (at the rear wheels) of all versions vs. stock.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Old 11-11-2005, 10:09 PM

I have vortech sc, and it's not different from CT so i can tell you that with a sc'ed S, it doesn't "feel" different from stock up to 6K RPM. im saying "feel" because you're asking when it becomes noticeable to the butt. it could be a little faster, but feels pretty much the same to me as before.After 6K when it starts to build more boost all the way up to redline is another story though.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure you heard about break-even in school. Well, till around 5000rpm you need to "invest" more energy to spin the blower than it can "flow" back into the system and the blower does not produce enough boost to make you feel anything.It is not because "Comptech designed to match the performance characteristics of the stock power curve", that's because the centrifugal blower works like that.
That's the main reason why I did not go with a SC. If you have a look around, 80% of the younger guys here on the forum are upgrading pulleys, injectors ect.....ask your self why. If you want to have full power for 1 second before the shift, go SC.If you want to have power (and I do mean power here) ANYWHERE above 4000rpm ready to go under your right foot within a fraction of a second, you know what you need to do
Old 11-12-2005, 04:39 AM

Its just so much $$$...I'm not a baller. Yet.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:16 AM

thats great, jakub..but alot of people like the fact that the sc's are easier to manage. not everyone has the merchanic skills or good shops around to help out.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:45 AM

thanks to all for the feedback, I understand turbo is the way to go for broadest power increase, but have also heard they are more difficult to dial in and maintain. True? Does anyone make a complete turbo kit for the S2 similar to the Comptech/Vortec option? The turbo kit by Macklin Industries recently tested in SPEED Magazine review was a combination of parts from several different manufacturers.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Adubz,Nov 12 2005, 11:16 PM
thats great, jakub..but alot of people like the fact that the sc's are easier to manage. not everyone has the merchanic skills or good shops around to help out.
He asked for "supercharger torque" not reliability and maintainance issues.
This is not a turbo VS sc war and a SC will be always easier to dial in, if kept stock.
But as you see, LOTS of guys do not keep the SC kits stock and than have issues as well. More than one had a blown engine due to high boost.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by jakub2000,Nov 13 2005, 12:54 AM
He asked for "supercharger torque" not reliability and maintainance issues.
This is not a turbo VS sc war and a SC will be always easier to dial in, if kept stock.
no offence, but he didn't ask for "turbo torque" either if we're going to be picky about it.

anyways, yes he didn't mention about reliability nor mantainance issues. but i assumed that if i were him, and IF i am new to the idea of sc/turbo'ing the s2k, then i would appreciate feedbacks like this.

btw you were the one who brought up the sc vs turbo.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:10 AM

Do I see any SC VS Turbo?Read my first post on this page and underline the word TURBO in it.....are you being paid for starting fights on internet or what?
I at least wrote some information for him, you just try to get a fight. But what else can you do with a 2 days membership.

Chill!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by jakub2000,Nov 12 2005, 04:46 AM
If you want to have power (and I do mean power here) ANYWHERE above 4000rpm ready to go under your right foot within a fraction of a second, you know what you need to do
sounds like a supercharger vs turbo comparison to me.

no, YOU need to "chill", as soon as i brought up the reliability details about turbo, you said that this isn't a turbo vs sc war. so you're saying you can compare turbo vs sc and it's ok, but someone who has a 2 day membership can't?

if you think im starting a fight , then ok i wont argue anymore, just seems kind of unfair to me. and if you really want me to underline something that says (or in this case...imply) turbo in your post then i'll underline the words "you know what to do"

Quick Reply: supercharger torque ?