S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Supercharged - Boost controller ?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Supercharged - Boost controller ?

I'm running a 2.8" pulley on my Novi 1200 blower and trying to limit boost to ~12 PSI. Could someone educate me on the best way to approach this?

I purchased the BLV from 928 motorsports; however it did not work. With the ball & spring completely out, I was still exceeding my target boost limit

I was thinking of installing a wastegate, but want to hear others' experiences.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Damn that sucks it didn't work for you. Did you contact them? I was thinking of getting one of those to bleed off boost past 14 psi or so.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

use a 60mm wastegate
Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wadzii
use a 60mm wastegate

X2. And I really wanna see this work.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:07 PM

I did contact 928 motorsports. They said it was the first they've heard this and suggested I run 2 BLVs. At $200 a pop, I'm going to pass. The tech did mention that their BLV flows 700cfm, but I don't believe it. Our Novi 1200 is rated ~1000 cfm. At 700CFM, I should've been able to bleed that extra boost.

I'm now looking at the Tial MV-R (44mm) wastegate and a manual boost controller. Since under-hood space is limited, I'm staying away from the Tial V60.

What a waste of time. Spent $180 on dyno, $100 on fuel and $200 on the BLV all for nothing.

The top 3 lines below are with the BLV installed. You can see that it's doing nothing. Green line is with ball & spring removed, running straight open. We cut the run at 7000RPM, cause boost was still building.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Damn that's too bad. I have been hearing this a bunch about 928. People keep having issues and it is "the first they've heard about it"
Old 07-24-2012, 06:33 PM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Lame! Looks like 928 is 0 for 2 with the products for our cars. Kind of su ks because its a company thats near me in WI haha.

I heard mustants do the wastegate trick on there cars. Id call paxton about what wastgate to run... doesnt seem to be to many people doing this...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-24-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've recently had 928 motorsports rebuild my blower and install the upgraded impeller. Its been less than 1 month and I am leaking quite a bit of oil on both inlet and outlet side. They said I can send it back in to get it checked, so lets hope they fix it!

I will keep you guys updated.

Back to the topic though, I am very interested in the wastegate idea!

- Sung
Old 07-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by watch0bak
I've recently had 928 motorsports rebuild my blower and install the upgraded impeller. Its been less than 1 month and I am leaking quite a bit of oil on both inlet and outlet side. They said I can send it back in to get it checked, so lets hope they fix it!

I will keep you guys updated.

Back to the topic though, I am very interested in the wastegate idea!

- Sung
Same thing happened to me with just the standard seal and bearing replacement on my Novi 1000. I also found at least two of the small Allen head bolts loose and ready to fall out, which hold the housing together. Only way I could get to them without completely removing blower from plate was with needle nose piers. I'm starting to wonder about these guys. Shortly after the rebuild and before I noticed oil leakage, I ordered a pulley for my blower, with the sales lady insuring fitment for it, turned out it was the wrong pulley, called up to find they didn't offer the size I needed for the blower they just rebuilt , so I told Carl this with disappointment and some irritation, and apparently it was my fault for not knowing the exact shaft specs on my blower, which they just worked on and was initially told would fit, by his staff - If I were the expert Carl, I'd be running your business, but apparently the customer cant do all the leg work for you to be a success

I never bothered to call back and deal with the leaking blower, dealing with them anymore was the last thing to do on my list of torture. They would just find a way to blame it on me and then I'd be out a blower for several weeks for nothing, plus the cost and hassle of shipping.

Wish you good luck Sung!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:26 AM

I just purchased a Tial MV-R 44MM Wastegate. I'll be installing this and will report results back.

After receiving input from Tial, they suggested running the Wastegate at the boost level I plan to run and avoid plumbing in a boost controller. That said, I'll choose the spring rate closest to 12PSI and pipe the boost signal directly into the bottom port of the wastegate. The top port will be vented to atmosphere.

Quick Reply: Supercharged - Boost controller ?