S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Sputtering, running lean

Old 10-16-2011, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for not updating very frequently. Been pretty swamped with other stuff.

The weather has been consistent since the issue began. It's slightly cooler now but not enough to make a difference. Also, the car ran fine with the change of seasons in the past so I don't think that this is the issue.

I am going to try and data log some stuff on the AEM but I have no experience with this. Right now, my laptop isn't even recognizing the EMS. I installed the drivers that Windows searched and found for me. I tried searching the AEM forums to find them and I keep making myself feel like a complete idiot. I swear I'm not incompetent, but this whole issue is driving me insane and making me feel like I shouldn't even change my own oil. Frustrating as hell.

Enough of the venting, I'll try and keep you guys updated. Also, if anyone wants to take a crack at it and is in the Gainesville, Florida area let me know. Of course, I'd feed you and if you're into it, support a drunken, madness filled evening.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a similiar problem. Turned out to be a combination of the tune needing tweaking and a bad wide band sensor.

There is a good simple test to check the wide band. But first check the tune. For me it was in low load below 4k Rpms. Also I had to tweak my iat comp tables.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:22 PM

All right, so I went and logged a little lap with the AEM. I had to buy a different cable again because none of them were registering with Windows 7. I have no idea what to look for. I have to logs one where I first start the car and another was the second run after the car heated up. Again, the car drove around fine the first time and was running fine. I shut it down and started the car back up after about 3 mins of it being off. As soon as I started driving again the symptoms came up.

Like I said, I have no real idea what to look for but I can send anyone the files if they'd like to look at them and try and help me out.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:13 PM

I went for another run today and I drove around for like 15 minutes on the first start up and the car ran relatively fine. It was idling high, even after the car warmed up (around 1500rpms), but it hit boost and didn't sputter. I shut it down and fired it right back just like the other day and it started sputtering while I was accelerating. I was giving it partial throttle and kept an eye on the A/F which stayed under 14 so I decided to punch it and see if it would even out and it did for the most part.

I feel that if the heat were messing something up that the symptoms would start as soon as it gets to a certain temperature. It's almsot always fine on the first run, I even had it reading 4 bars on the dash temp gauge and it was still fine until I started the car a second time.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Who is your tuner?
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 AM

The company that did work on my car and tuned it no longer exists. They had some issues and dissolved about a month after my car was finished.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to link up with a good tuner/mechanic that knows AEM and get a solid diagnosis. I recommend emailing my tuner tuning@inductionperformance.com or PM'ing him on here "InductionPerformance". He can definitely help you out.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:30 PM

Awesome, I'll send him a PM. Hopefully he can take a look at the logs that I took and at least point me in some kind of direction.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:00 PM

I pray your problem will be resolved.

-Mark
Old 11-20-2011, 06:37 PM

Thank you, and me too.

Quick Reply: Sputtering, running lean