S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Specific Blow Off Valve?

Old 12-08-2015, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specific Blow Off Valve?

Hey guys. I have a 500 HP s2000 with a precision 6266 Turbo, running 15 lbs of boost.

I currently have a Tial 50mm BOV, and I find its very quiet. And although I understand this is unnecessary, but I really want a more pronounced atmospheric noise.

So my specific questions are... Is the current BOV a specific type for my setup? Or could i potentially get any BOV and adapt a flange to make fit, then fiddle with the spring setting. OR is there a specific type of valve that I must have in order to handle my setup. Or if I get a new valve and have any mechanic install it, would I need a retune for whatever reason?

Obviously being a clamp style flange, im limited, but willing to weld on a new flange to support a new BOV.

ANY SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED!
Old 12-09-2015, 04:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

... I think you're getting the Blow Off Valve and Wastegate confused with one another.

I have no idea how you'd go about trying to make the noise from the dumptube louder. If you're not already using an external dump tube, then this is completely hopeless/pointless. I don't think you'd get much or any difference by switching out wastegates and springs anyway.

Any BOV will work as long as it's rated to your HP and you get it hooked up properly, but I don't think that's what you meant to ask about.

I'm honestly somewhat amazed that you have a 500HP turbo S2000 and have been here since 2012 but don't know such basic things about your car. No offense :/
Old 12-09-2015, 05:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ I believe you are the one who is confused. He is not talking about his waste gate or the sound an open dump makes. He is looking for a different chirping sound the bov makes when releasing pressurized air between shifts.

I had a turbosmart bov on the Ptuning kit that was pretty quite also. I personally did not want the attention getting chirp but to each his own. I made enough noise with an open dump. You tube bov sounds and you will likely find the brand and sound you want.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HKS's BOV is pretty pronounced, you can try that.

You will not need a retune
Old 12-09-2015, 08:55 AM

Thanks for the backup s2000442 - thats exactly what im looking for. Thanks for taking the time to properly read my post, and auto correct any technical details I missed.

@Chances2k

Trust me, no offence was taken.

"Any BOV will work as long as it's rated to your HP and you get it hooked up properly, but I don't think that's what you meant to ask about."

Thats exactly what I meant to ask about... actually its exactly what I ASKED about. LOL So perhaps you misunderstood, the second you read "spring". I am not talking about the wastegate - in fact, no where did I mention that. Some BOV have springs. I used to own many Audis, and many of their re circulation valves have springs. This is in fact my 2nd s2000, which I have recently attained and it happens to be 500whp. Ive owned many turbo cars, and many other na cars. I know a couple basic things or two thanks.

Either way, everyone here answered my question... including chance s2ks.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Yep, the only Tial 50mm I had heard of was their wastegate, and the only BOVs that I'm familiar with are the diaphram based ones and the valve-based Synchrotech.

I had never heard of a spring based BOV before, since they just use vacuum pressure. More googling brought up the Tial BV 50 and Tial Q to me. The more you know.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chance S2K
^Yep, the only Tial 50mm I had heard of was their wastegate, and the only BOVs that I'm familiar with are the diaphram based ones and the valve-based Synchrotech.

I had never heard of a spring based BOV before, since they just use vacuum pressure. More googling brought up the Tial BV 50 and Tial Q to me. The more you know.

Either way, thanks for shedding light on my situation. As long as the Valve is rated for the horsepower it should be fine. So far ive been looking toward the Synapse Valve. Sounds awesome. So does Greddy. Anyways thanks!