S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 05:11 AM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

I prefer the AP1 flywheel. Engaging first gear from a stop requires more effort.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
I prefer the AP1 flywheel. Engaging first gear from a stop requires more effort.
You are way more dedicated then I. What is weight difference of the two?

Toda is really light?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:21 AM

If I remember to, Ill weight them today. It is a noticeable difference and that is all that matters too me.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Toda is 8.5lbs OEM AP1 is 14lbs OEM AP2 is 22lbs. I ran an 11lb CC for a while and disliked it...I have since changed to an OEM AP1.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:04 AM

No work has started on my car yet today. However, the kit has arrived and as requested I have taken photos while opening the packages. Time to head back home and update this thread with pictures

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
No work has started on my car yet today. However, the kit has arrived and as requested I have taken photos while opening the packages. Time to head back home and update this thread with pictures

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

hehehehehehe. no turbo no care.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:37 AM

Still unsure why this is needed... I didn't go too deep into opening everything as the parts will be sitting til Monday. I do not want anything getting scratched.

Everything was packaged EXTREMELY well. Everything is in its own bag or box with the appropriate amount of bubble wrap/packing material. The inter cooler piping pieces were individually bagged and surrounded with bubble wrap. It appears everything arrived undamaged and in mint condition, as it should.

Initial thoughts, the hot side of the charge piping is a smaller diameter, but I agree with that. Smaller piping means less air required to fill the charge piping, which in turn makes spool up time quicker. The intercooler brackets are very nice and thick plus it is a simple design. I see no potential issues with the intercooler or brackets. The powder coated intercooler pipes are done very well. Only visible welds are for the bungs/flanges, so they are completely mandrel bent. The ends all have a lip, which is nice because the SOS SC aftercooler did not and I had to add them. The hose clamps are a disappointment. They use the cheaper style, which I am NOT a fan of. I will use them, but If I have problems Ill replace them with nicer ones down the line. The black TiAL BOV matched the kit nicely. I was eager to see the oil filter adapter, It is a ford product and has a 1/8 npt drilled and tapped for the oil feed line. The oil feed line is wrapped with heat wrap. The motor mount and heat shield is done well. It was nice to see a new exhaust manifold/cylinder head gasket included. Plus I was given the 3 inch collector receiver end of the downpipe to make my headerback a full 3 inch (it currently has a 2.5 collector for the Js header I had).

Overall, I am very pleased with the kit so far and look forward to seeing the turbo, manifold, downpipe, and wastegate setup when it comes tomorrow.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet boxes
Old 09-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you for your feedback! A note on the hose clamps: these are not a cheaper style. They are full stainless with a smooth rolled edge design. It is the same manufacture that is used on high end OEM applications like turbocharged Audis. They cost around 4-5 times the price of a traditional worm clamp. The design allows more consistent tension on the silicone couplers and will not pinch and crush the aluminum tube like bolt styles that you may be thinking of and are less bulky than a constant tension sprung clamp. The smooth lip design will also not cut in to the silicone couplers like less expensive single non-rolled edge clamps that you may see from an auto parts store. I think you will find they work quite well!

Quick Reply: SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread