S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rota92
Is the new owner going to put it through the paces on a road course by chance? As of now I'm leaning towards a 'bigger HP' setup but I don't want to paint myself into a corner with it either. This kit is damn complete and looks OEM. Big plus for me.
Yes
Old 11-06-2013, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rota92
This thread made my head hurt.

Very badly.

Sucks that so many people have a bad taste in their mouth after a bunch of misunderstandings and what seems like a confused buyer.

How can you even make a statement like that from behind a computer screen when you dont know everything that is going on.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 518135
Originally Posted by rota92' timestamp='1383693375' post='22863348
This thread made my head hurt.

Very badly.

Sucks that so many people have a bad taste in their mouth after a bunch of misunderstandings and what seems like a confused buyer.

How can you even make a statement like that from behind a computer screen when you dont know everything that is going on.
Exactly.

If you read this front to back, and don't know what's going on behind closed doors, it can lead those to think the kit under performs.

SOS shouldn't have to come on here and defend a product every other post because of misleading and missing information.

I'm not just some keyboard warrior, no need to be alarmed.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:51 PM

Sorry I thought you were attacking the OP. My apologies
Old 11-06-2013, 08:03 PM

Well, not really. But I do feel like something happened behind closed doors that is leading this kit to not deliver to the OP.

A simple turbo swap and re-tune potentially changes a lot.

I'm probably just disappointed, that's all lol
Old 11-07-2013, 09:34 AM

Not disappointed here. Their gt3076r kit met my goals by balancing the following within this price range.

-Simplicity of the design by conforming to the car's dimensions and most limitations in stock form.

-Responsiveness and drivability on the streets.

-Claimed durability and not compromiseing on reliability (TBD). So far so good after 4-5 months and 4k miles.

Will other comparable kits make more power from the get-go, or scale better/easier if you want more? Definitely. The real question we should be asking is what compromises and that amount of $ someone is willing to shell out to achieve some of those other aspects that this kit delivers?

I'd like to see a review from someone using ots/recommended 35r setup and see if they come to the same conclusion. Heck, I'd like to see someone else review the same setup I'm running just to keep everything as objective as possible.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:33 PM

After seeing this thread I'll be grabbing the kit, perfect usable power + simplicity is awesome, op get a side winder 6262 and enjoy your "peak numbers" and wheel spin .. SOS keep up the good work
Old 11-08-2013, 06:02 AM

The fact of the matter is this kit is great for someone who wants a great bolt on solution without changing stock locations or making any modifications. You can literally slap this on get a tune and go. If I had a stock S2000 and didn't want the headache of doing all the shit I did I would get this kit without a doubt. Granted I would have gotten the larger 35r but in the end this is the best "bolt on" option.

milano teggy- My car makes 466/300 and hooks just fine...
Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
We've mentioned this before, and it apparently has gotten missed in the fray.

The power curve posted is due to the turbocharger selected not the system used. The GTX3576R purchased by the customer produced the exact flow rate that the Garrett's advertised flow chart for this turbocharger compressor says it will produce. At 7000 RPM, it is making it's maximum flow rate at this pressure ratio. While manifold design for sure has influence on engine performance, the turbocharger in this case is specifically the reason why this power curve looks the way it does.

This is not a turbocharger we recommended, it was one that the customer specifically requested. This turbocharger is optimized for the power the flow chart dictates, and is beneficial (due to the billet GTX wheel) for higher pressure ratios than what standard pump fuel will allow. We've posted dyno graphs of the GT3582R, which show the power curve not flattening out, specifically because the larger 82mm compressor wheel supports more air flow.

While we are disappointed that Dustin decided to sell the kit - we want to reiterate that the flattening of the power curve is due to the turbocharger selected, not a "flaw" in the system's design.
I looked at the dyno charts on your website and all three have a very noticeable drop in the torque curve starting at 6,500 rpm.

If you are correct, then it means that all of the dyno charts I've seen so far are from scenarios where the various turbo's were run at such high boost pressure that they ran out of compressor flow prior before the motor ran out of rpm. For example, if the 3582 dyno chart on your website showed a 14psi run instead of 19psi, the torque curve might have remained flat to redline instead of dropping from 370 to 330 from 6,500 to 8,000 rpm.

It would help a LOT if someone could please post dyno results showing each turbo run at an appropriate boost pressure that allows it to maintain a consistent torque curve to redline. Every one I've seen seems to show the boost pressure turned up so high that the compressor can't flow enough beyond 6,500 rpm. The charts on your website actually look worse from that perspective than Dustin's.

We're all just sitting here at our computers trying to figure out whether the issue is the turbo selection or the manifold design. When every dyno chart looks the same, with a noticeable dropoff @ 6,500rpm, then it's easy to assume that the manifold is to blame. The turbo could definitely be the culprit, but we need someone to post evidence to prove that.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:00 AM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by milano teggy
After seeing this thread I'll be grabbing the kit, perfect usable power + simplicity is awesome, op get a side winder 6262 and enjoy your "peak numbers" and wheel spin .. SOS keep up the good work
When did I complain about the peak number? I was upset about the flat lined graph, your an idiot.

Quick Reply: SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread