S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
When I saw this kit come out, I thought to myself, did SOS finally nail the magic formula? No compromises; no downside; fast twin scroll spool with plenty of power and an easy bolt-on installation? I was really excited. SOS is a great vendor and they make solid products. But as we've learned, this is what it was designed to be; not what we all assumed/hoped it was. It's heartbreaking to see RAIN H8R dissatisfied with the kit, but honestly I think that's because this wasn't the right choice for his goals. None of us anticipated this outcome or we would have warned him up front.
We've mentioned this before, and it apparently has gotten missed in the fray.

The power curve posted is due to the turbocharger selected not the system used. The GTX3576R purchased by the customer produced the exact flow rate that the Garrett's advertised flow chart for this turbocharger compressor says it will produce. At 7000 RPM, it is making it's maximum flow rate at this pressure ratio. While manifold design for sure has influence on engine performance, the turbocharger in this case is specifically the reason why this power curve looks the way it does.

This is not a turbocharger we recommended, it was one that the customer specifically requested. This turbocharger is optimized for the power the flow chart dictates, and is beneficial (due to the billet GTX wheel) for higher pressure ratios than what standard pump fuel will allow. We've posted dyno graphs of the GT3582R, which show the power curve not flattening out, specifically because the larger 82mm compressor wheel supports more air flow.

While we are disappointed that Dustin decided to sell the kit - we want to reiterate that the flattening of the power curve is due to the turbocharger selected, not a "flaw" in the system's design.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:37 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

I wonder how come my gtx3576r makes power all the way to 9,000rpm. This is also with straight 91octane on a stock f20c.
Last time I checked the normal gt3582r cast compressor wheel flow the same 65lb/min as the smaller gtx 76mm billet compressor wheel.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6
it has been covered here, but the 7000rpm+ behavior is not due to the turbo. it is the exhaust housing / manifold design of the kit. I have a 2.812v vr6 making 600whp on a gt3582 and the power goes straight up past 8000rpm.
Please read the thread. This is not a manifold issue. The customer does not have a GT3582R as you state, he has a GTX3576R which has a smaller compressor wheel. The 76mm compressor wheel is limited in flow rate at the pressure ratio that engine was tuned for. The same system with a GT3582R (which a dyno plot was posted) does not result in a power curve flattening.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by riceball777
I wonder how come my gtx3576r makes power all the way to 9,000rpm. This is also with straight 91octane on a stock f20c.
There is no doubt manifold design pays an influence (such as your system spooling 1000 RPM later), however the primary influence on power here is the compressor's ability to flow. With out seeing your pressure graph, how fuel & ignition differs, and comparing on equal dynos under same conditions (the Church dyno is known to read significantly higher - on our own car this was more than 10%!), this truly is not an accurate comparison.

Originally Posted by riceball777
Last time I checked the normal gt3582r cast compressor wheel flow the same 65lb/min as the smaller gtx 76mm billet compressor wheel.
No, this is not true.

GTX3076R: at a PR of 2.0 (approximately what is being compared here), the air flow is ~ 42 LB/MIN at 76% efficiency. 42 LB/MIN = ~420 bhp, which is exactly what the customer's engine is making.
http://www.himni-racing.com/images/GTX3076R_comp1.JPG

GT3582R: at a PR of 2.0, the air flow is ~ 52 LB/MIN at 76% efficiency:
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5...gt3582rmap.gif
Old 11-05-2013, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread made my head hurt.

Very badly.

Sucks that so many people have a bad taste in their mouth after a bunch of misunderstandings and what seems like a confused buyer.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:43 PM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Trust me I am not confused. I certainly know the issue.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Old 11-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R

Thumbs up. I know you're considering other options, but I think you'd really miss the responsiveness and other features of this kit that we think is unmatched. We'd definitely be willing to help you out price wise with a new setup using a different turbocharger if you ever decide to give it another go. Just keep in touch.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
Thumbs up. I know you're considering other options, but I think you'd really miss the responsiveness and other features of this kit that we think is unmatched. We'd definitely be willing to help you out price wise with a new setup using a different turbocharger if you ever decide to give it another go. Just keep in touch.
i'm planning on going FI and was thinking about the HKS supercharger but there's not much info on it so i began looking into your kits. i think your support and service is unmatched. for a DD setup, would you recommend your turbo kit or supercharger kit? my other choice was to stay NA and go with URGE products
Old 11-05-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
Originally Posted by RAIN H8R' timestamp='1383698581' post='22863446

Great vendor

Originally Posted by sn0wman
Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed' timestamp='1383699157' post='22863455
i'm planning on going FI and was thinking about the HKS supercharger but there's not much info on it so i began looking into your kits. i think your support and service is unmatched. for a DD setup, would you recommend your turbo kit or supercharger kit? my other choice was to stay NA and go with URGE products
The HKS makes the least amount of power out of all the SC on the market
Old 11-05-2013, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In other news, I sold the kit today. Whats next, I have no clue...

I think with the proper turbo that kit would have kept you happy down low and given you the punch up top that everyone likes.

Is the new owner going to put it through the paces on a road course by chance? As of now I'm leaning towards a 'bigger HP' setup but I don't want to paint myself into a corner with it either. This kit is damn complete and looks OEM. Big plus for me.

Quick Reply: SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread