S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

For the sake of saving some pennies for now, I am sticking with my current setup. If the power curve changes and it keeps climbing to redline, I will then swap out my injectors and fuel pump to support more power.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by S2K@PR
hi, been reading this thread for a couple months now.Its sad to see all this stuff the OP is going thru after spending a couple grands on this.

Got my car returned today. I have the GT3582r kit installed. The install was normal, with no problems encountered, there was no need to improvise in any step of the installation. This kit looks and fits like if it was Honda Oem. To me thats a plus.

Opening build thread in coming days.. few days later some dyno numbers.
I look forward to your results posted!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Geeze, need to up the fuel system because it will max out at 500whp. How much power are you looking to make on this kit?

I'm beginning to just look at this kit as the Greddy 2.0 turbo kit. It's the super fast response that everyone loves about the greddy kit, however it makes a respectable amount of power as well.

I think the problem was that this kit was just SOOO overhyped from the beginning. Everyone wanted this kit to spool full boost at 3500rpms and also make 500whp. You can't have your cake and eat it too, even if its a 6 thousand dollar cake.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-23-2013, 07:06 PM

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
For the sake of saving some pennies for now, I am sticking with my current setup. If the power curve changes and it keeps climbing to redline, I will then swap out my injectors and fuel pump to support more power.
If you keep your boost curve the same, I expect the torque/power curve to remain the same. With E85, it should just shift your torque curve straight up and result in about another 50whp.

If your power curve really bugs you, run 12psi until 7krpms and then ramp it up to 14psi at redline which will flatten out your torque curve and keep your power increasing up to redline. Of course you'll be giving up mid-range torque and power, but it'll give you the power curve you desire.

Just for reference, some other cars with flat power curves. They sized the turbos for max driveability providing the most area under the curve and boat loads of mid-range. Of course, if that's not your preference, then that's not your preference.

BMW M5, twin turbo V8, flat power from ~5700-7200

AMG, twin turbo V8, flat power from 4500-6500
Old 10-23-2013, 10:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
After talking to chris and s2000442 on the phone today I think I have decided to give e85 a try. I have a walbro 255 and id1000s so I think that shouod give me enough space to go more aggressive on the ignition map for my 10 and 15psi map.

I have a feeling I will still hit a flat line but just closer to redline.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
I don't understand, so basically the peak hp number is too low, thats why your not satisfied? Or is it that hp doesn't peak at redline like it would on a SC? Generally the goal for many who are trying to achieve the best/broadest power band, would say yours is quite ideal as is. Making peak power earlier in the rpm range and being able to maintain that to redline is not easy to do, its more inherent of a large displacement long stroke V8, which you are essentially simulating. Your power curve offers the broadest usable range ive seen in a turbo set up on this motor. That may not translate into fun though, and maybe that's the underlying issue with you coming from a SC, and anticipating a upper end surge that never signs off and puts that grin on your face. Personally I do find that power curve more entertaining, and easier to modulate/drive fast on the street and road course, but that's my personal preference.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to read that you're reconsidering selling the kit. E85 is the way to go, in my opinion. I made the switch month ago; wishing that I made the switch sooner
Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by spdracerut

If you keep your boost curve the same, I expect the torque/power curve to remain the same. With E85, it should just shift your torque curve straight up and result in about another 50whp.

If your power curve really bugs you, run 12psi until 7krpms and then ramp it up to 14psi at redline which will flatten out your torque curve and keep your power increasing up to redline. Of course you'll be giving up mid-range torque and power, but it'll give you the power curve you desire.
I agree totally that the curve will not change with E85 and that there will be xxx% increase overall. However if you look at his dynos at 10lbs and 15lbs there is only about 10whp difference in them (above 7000) so I'm not sure that increasing the boost at 7krpm will net the desired result. IMHO
Old 10-24-2013, 05:50 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
I'm beginning to just look at this kit as the Greddy 2.0 turbo kit. It's the super fast response that everyone loves about the greddy kit, however it makes a respectable amount of power as well.

I think the problem was that this kit was just SOOO overhyped from the beginning. Everyone wanted this kit to spool full boost at 3500rpms and also make 500whp. You can't have your cake and eat it too, even if its a 6 thousand dollar cake.
This is what a bunch of folks said in the other thread, think it was from boostaddict's kit. This kit wasn't designed for big peak hp numbers, and people that expect otherwise are buying it for the wrong reasons. I mean I think we even had this similar discussion in the other thread how the torque falls off a little on the top end (that gtx3582r dyno has been up on their site since day 1 I think). I think people had unrealistic expectations for sure. As some others said, I'd love a very responsive turbo setup, and am willing to sacrifice some top end. The lack of external wastegates and compact package might be a negative for some, but that's a huge positive for many.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just an observation, on EVOs I see the stock exhaust housing aftermarket turbos pretty much always have to run at higher pressure ratios to make power. In the SOS kit case it seems like a fair compromise for the packaging of the kit.

Complete divided setups are more difficult to "nail down" the optimal than undivided. For the F20c series it seems longer equal length manifolds and full sized T4 housings seem to do it--at least that's what I have seen. Those blow all the packaging of the SOS kit away however...

Quick Reply: SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread