S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 06:08 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg

Yup.. I'd guess it's a little bit of everything. The #2 & #3 runners are very short and have an abrupt turn, definitely not good for flow. On top of that everyone and their mom is comparing this against externally gated turbos (that likely dump to atmosphere). That's a whole lot of flow that bipasses the turbo. It's unfortunate that it looks like it chokes a little on the top end, but like others said, the kit was NOT designed for peak power. I would personally be content with ~400whp on pump gas, but if you're looking to make big power, perhaps you ought to look at a manifold with a nice merge collector. Unfortunately there are trade offs for everything, and in order to make a nice/neat/oem like package, you can't have a merge collector.
If the weather permits I will be demoing his car this Saturday. I will be sure to post my feedback here as well as long as Dustin doesn't mind...
Old 10-22-2013, 06:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you cant make too much more power on pump gas anyways, FWIW.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:17 AM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by jordannn93
OP your running 3" to 2.5" dual exhaust?
Yes, a 3inch from the turbo to the differential where it splits to twin 2.5inch. The exhaust is not nearly as loud as when I had the blower. The turbo acts as a muffler.

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by RAIN H8R' timestamp='1382362523' post='22837937
As of right now I have no plans for what is next. I have so many ideas rolling around in my head but it is better that I dont even post about it so I dont look like a whack job. No, im not rich I just never seem to be satisfied with anything.

Turbo vs sc... well the turbo is better because of the power of course. Plus I was getting better MPG even while putting the throttle down.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Just supercharge that turbo and be done with it already

You still never ran the 1200 to its full capability after everything you have done so far, which is sort of unfortunate, your attention span seems way to short. This doesn't really give you apples to apples comparison. You made 300trq/390hp on this turbo, but with a 3-3.2" pulley you could have made 300trq/450whp on the same 93 pump. If your looking for a faster strait line car, that would have been it, if not, well we don't really know what your looking for
I didn't run the N1200 to max capacity because I was at 412ish whp with a 3.8in pulley, which netted me approx 14psi. I didn't feel it was wise to go any higher on boost pressure, regardless of what others have done.

The turbo car with similiar HP and torque will be faster than a SC setup, hands down. Its not about the power. Its the fact that the power flat lines near 7k. I could run it on 10psi instead and have the curve I want, but it is much less power than I had before, which is what I do not want.

Chris, my tuner told me it did creep and he did not add duty to the solenoid. I do not know how much you have tested the 3576, but all I know is what I ended up with. Ive considered getting the car retuned with race gas, but i have partially lost interest in the setup in general as I do not wish to run race gas to get the power curve I want. Im fully invested into Kpro which does not fully support e85 yet, and running e85 is somewhat of an option, but I'm not willing to go down that path even if I had AEM EMS. Again, I prefer 93oct and race gas.

This kit is perfect for someone wanting a medium amount of power with reliability, possibly for a track car. But going from what Ive done/seen/felt with other setups, I do not think a proper power curve and 400whp is too much to ask for on pump gas. Heck, I would have taken the 393whp with a proper power curve. The power flat lining is what bothers me the most. I inquired about upgrading my 3576 to a 3582 on the phone with you before I posted my dyno sheet, but you seemed shocked that I wanted to do that and dismissed it, making me feel like I was on my own if I wanted to do it. I can only assume it will cost more money to upgrade the turbo, and I am currently not willing to fork out a large amoutn of cash at this moment to do it. I called you and inquired about the 3582 upgrade because I KNEW the members of s2ki would feel the same way about the curve as did I. Running race gas will most likely make more power as expected, but it will still flat line somewhere.

Also, I do not want to hear you say you do not recommend XXX hp at XXX psi on xxx octane fuel anymore. I know what the risk is and so does everyone else. Not to sound like a dick, but I feel that is your sticking point to any conversation we have. Again, my concern is the flat line not the peak hp number.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by 06S2k07Si
Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Yup.. I'd guess it's a little bit of everything. The #2 & #3 runners are very short and have an abrupt turn, definitely not good for flow. On top of that everyone and their mom is comparing this against externally gated turbos (that likely dump to atmosphere). That's a whole lot of flow that bipasses the turbo. It's unfortunate that it looks like it chokes a little on the top end, but like others said, the kit was NOT designed for peak power. I would personally be content with ~400whp on pump gas, but if you're looking to make big power, perhaps you ought to look at a manifold with a nice merge collector. Unfortunately there are trade offs for everything, and in order to make a nice/neat/oem like package, you can't have a merge collector.
If the weather permits I will be demoing his car this Saturday. I will be sure to post my feedback here as well as long as Dustin doesn't mind...
Yes, as long as I can sensor what you say! haha
Old 10-22-2013, 06:40 AM

I intend on giving an HONEST opinion. I think you know that about me.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:47 AM

Are you saying I am not honest?! :-P
Old 10-22-2013, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not just buy the larger compressor and components from garret and quick swap the stuff around and have it balanced? I mean you have all winter at this point.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Are you saying I am not honest?! :-P
What? ...NO...
Old 10-22-2013, 07:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow !!!

Saw your kit fs and wondered why , so i just read all this thread and ?????

I wonder if you would have been happy with another turbine.

Good luck with your new ideas.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJoe
Why not just buy the larger compressor and components from garret and quick swap the stuff around and have it balanced? I mean you have all winter at this point.

It does seem like that would give you what you want. If it's true what SOS is saying you just selected too small of a compressor for your setup.

Quick Reply: SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread