S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
and then it crept towards redline to 12-13 psi
SOS TS Max Turbo kit for sale LINK
Thank you very much for your review!

Just a word of feedback: the system definitely does not creep. The turbine housing and downpipe design experienced some of our most intense development and testing to verify this. Rather, your tuner likely added wastegate duty cycle to modify the power curve (you'll note how your low boost curve is not as flat). There are possibilities in how the wastegate actuator is attached could be causing a mechanical problem, however it is likely intentional in the tune.

Sorry to hear you're thinking about changing, keep in mind the system is very expandable. You've reached the limit of 91/93 octane (which will be true for this system, as well as any other) however, we're putting out cars well over 500 whp with higher test fuel.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
Originally Posted by boostaddict712' timestamp='1382370073' post='22838278
oh wow.... I'm quite perplexed as to why this setup is not hitting higher #'s on pump gas. Either way, I've really enjoyed following this thread and your review.
Please note as previously stated that the turbocharger used is a 35R hot turbine side, but the smaller 76mm cold compressor side. It is not the usual 82mm compressor found on the GT35R. If you look at the compressor map posted, the reason the power curve flattens out where it does is that the compressor has reached its limit at this pressure. I believe the customer did not to make 200 bhp with the fastest responding turbo possible (which was achieved). Using a larger compressor turbo, or a fuel that allows higher boost pressure with the same turbo, would achieve this - it has nothing to do with the kit, rather the turbocharger selected.
If you look at my signature. I'm running the Garrett gtx3576r turbo with the t3 open .63 ar hotside running 91 octane at 14psi of boost on a stock f20c. My dyno show that my power never flattens out and it keeps on making power to redline.

Do you think the small evo8 style twin school hotside has something to do with the top end power?
Old 10-21-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

V8 .... Do it ......

Do it ........

Come onnnnnnnn ....................... Doooo itttttt
Old 10-21-2013, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ScienceofSpeed
Originally Posted by boostaddict712' timestamp='1382370073' post='22838278
oh wow.... I'm quite perplexed as to why this setup is not hitting higher #'s on pump gas. Either way, I've really enjoyed following this thread and your review.
Please note as previously stated that the turbocharger used is a 35R hot turbine side, but the smaller 76mm cold compressor side. It is not the usual 82mm compressor found on the GT35R. If you look at the compressor map posted, the reason the power curve flattens out where it does is that the compressor has reached its limit at this pressure. I believe the customer did not to make 200 bhp with the fastest responding turbo possible (which was achieved). Using a larger compressor turbo, or a fuel that allows higher boost pressure with the same turbo, would achieve this - it has nothing to do with the kit, rather the turbocharger selected.
That's a very good point. Didn't we rectify a similar situation w/ my 30r setup? If i recall correctly, swapping it to the intended size ended up making a huge difference.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:34 PM

I've followed this whole thread and it seems like the same problem I have.....I've thought of going 4.44 gears, SOS S/C, now SOS TS MAX. The problem is that some people just want the whole damn world to explode when they put their right foot down. That's my problem, I love the S, inside and out, but I'm worried that even if I drop 6k on a stage one SOS S/C for my AP1 it just wont be enough.......

oh well time to go by a SR-71 black bird I guess
Old 10-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
As of right now I have no plans for what is next. I have so many ideas rolling around in my head but it is better that I dont even post about it so I dont look like a whack job. No, im not rich I just never seem to be satisfied with anything.

Turbo vs sc... well the turbo is better because of the power of course. Plus I was getting better MPG even while putting the throttle down.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Just supercharge that turbo and be done with it already

You still never ran the 1200 to its full capability after everything you have done so far, which is sort of unfortunate, your attention span seems way to short. This doesn't really give you apples to apples comparison. You made 300trq/390hp on this turbo, but with a 3-3.2" pulley you could have made 300trq/450whp on the same 93 pump. If your looking for a faster strait line car, that would have been it, if not, well we don't really know what your looking for
Old 10-22-2013, 04:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im disapointing with the kit to much hope with it i really would like to see more than 400hp on 93 ( a couple do really more at the same boost ) i think its a good kit for low torque and DD but not for Highpower drag car , but at this PSI im looking for around 450 with nice curve up to 9K , never mind maybe juste wait to see a couple other review before start think to buy it on SOS website on the dynograph for GT3076 with E85 at 16PSI is only make 435 whp / 320 torq ??? i saw people make this kind of power on 93 but the biggest thing its the curve drop off hard at 7400 rpm think about if u got a 2.0 and power drop off to 9000 ?? i dont understand how this kit works ?
Old 10-22-2013, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by beaudin223
im disapointing with the kit to much hope with it i really would like to see more than 400hp on 93 ( a couple do really more at the same boost ) i think its a good kit for low torque and DD but not for Highpower drag car , but at this PSI im looking for around 450 with nice curve up to 9K , never mind maybe juste wait to see a couple other review before start think to buy it on SOS website on the dynograph for GT3076 with E85 at 16PSI is only make 435 whp / 320 torq ??? i saw people make this kind of power on 93 but the biggest thing its the curve drop off hard at 7400 rpm think about if u got a 2.0 and power drop off to 9000 ?? i dont understand how this kit works ?
this kit was never designed to be for drag s2000s
Old 10-22-2013, 05:35 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by riceball777
If you look at my signature. I'm running the Garrett gtx3576r turbo with the t3 open .63 ar hotside running 91 octane at 14psi of boost on a stock f20c. My dyno show that my power never flattens out and it keeps on making power to redline.

Do you think the small evo8 style twin school hotside has something to do with the top end power?
My thoughts exactly...along with the very short runners on the manifold. Others seem to have confirmed this as well.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:00 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by 06S2k07Si
My thoughts exactly...along with the very short runners on the manifold. Others seem to have confirmed this as well.
Yup.. I'd guess it's a little bit of everything. The #2 & #3 runners are very short and have an abrupt turn, definitely not good for flow. On top of that everyone and their mom is comparing this against externally gated turbos (that likely dump to atmosphere). That's a whole lot of flow that bipasses the turbo. It's unfortunate that it looks like it chokes a little on the top end, but like others said, the kit was NOT designed for peak power. I would personally be content with ~400whp on pump gas, but if you're looking to make big power, perhaps you ought to look at a manifold with a nice merge collector. Unfortunately there are trade offs for everything, and in order to make a nice/neat/oem like package, you can't have a merge collector.

Quick Reply: SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread