S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah water cooled turbo's do not need them. I still wouldn't do multiple wot pulls and then immediately turn off the car. Other than that there is no need for the car to idle.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:29 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Ive just spent the past 30 minutes making dyno graphs to post later today when I get my car back. They compare the F20C, F22C, CT N1200 AC, CT N1000 UR FMIC, SOS 1200 AC, and the SOS 1220SL AC. Man I have wasted so much money on this car...
Yea...but we sure appreciate it!
Old 10-07-2013, 09:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive just spent the past 30 minutes making dyno graphs to post later today when I get my car back. They compare the F20C, F22C, CT N1200 AC, CT N1000 UR FMIC, SOS 1200 AC, and the SOS 1220SL AC. Man I have wasted so much money on this car...

I dropped the car off at 8am this morning. I am hoping to have it back before the day is over with.
lol I don't keep track; makes me feel better

Originally Posted by baZurk
In for results! Good luck!
x2
Old 10-07-2013, 12:23 PM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

They are having kpro ignition issues, not sure if it will be done today. But so far I have mid 300s at 7000rpm on just the wastegate spring. Ive been told the turbo spools STUPID quick as well.

Sorry, thats all I have for now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 now Free
Old 10-07-2013, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohhh thee suspense
Old 10-08-2013, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are having kpro ignition issues, not sure if it will be done today. But so far I have mid 300s at 7000rpm on just the wastegate spring. Ive been told the turbo spools STUPID quick as well.

I know how that goes my car sat on their dyno for 3 days. I swear the weirdest shit always happens the minute the car gets dropped off
Old 10-08-2013, 04:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even more jealous now lol. Can't wait to see the final numbers.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by RAIN H8R' timestamp='1381146368' post='22814647
I was only running a 3.6 pulley at 412ish whp. I can only assume the car will die off or the "surge" will go away at the higher rpms. Whereas the blower kept increasing boost pressure

Why? You were two pulleys away from the blowers top efficiency range. I would expect more mid and top end power. 412whp for this blower isnt even getting into the meat of what its capable of. But even so, making more boost sooner even if it didn’t yield you much more top end wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing right? I'm just surprised you never maxed it out to see what it truly felt like before you gave up and invested in turbo. But I suppose you had other reasons too which is cool.
I meant the SC would keep building boost, and now my turbo kit will have full boost by 5k rpm probably, and slowly loose that "surge" turbo cars have. I didnt max it out because I never had the urge to. The power was "good enough" at the time. Eventually I would have upped the boost but this kit came along and persuaded me otherwise.

Update, my car will not be done until Friday at the latest. I was put onto the dyno for a "quickie," but seeing as how King had issues I am now off the dyno and set aside until later in the week. The current word is that Hondata told my tuner to start from scratch with a new tune, and abandon the previous all motor tune they were going to start with, they (King) seem to think it is a shot in the dark.

Joe, their is always something. Whether it is AEM or if you fork out the cash for Kpro, something can always show up when you least expect it. It is the beauty of modifying anything in your life. Man kind is not perfect But, I do not agree that my car gets set aside, but King has a lot of cars to be worked on. What can you do... Perhaps they could stop taking in so many cars, but they have to pay for that wonderful facility somehow.

Anyways, Ill post up all these dyno sheets. I feel I should just make a new thread because I have a handful, but what the heck. here we go...
Old 10-08-2013, 06:21 AM

All of the available info is on each dyno sheet to reduce confusion. If their is no boost/psi plot, it is because it was not logged. All target AFRs are 11.7 for any boosted graph.

Notice I have graphs from my car:
-F20 with N1000 AC w/small heat exchanger
-F20 with N1000 w/UR FMIC
-F20 with N1220SL AC w/large heat exchanger (stock header)
-F20 with N1220SL AC w/large heat exhanger (Js racing header)
-F20 with N1200 AC w/large heat exchanger
-F22 with N1220SL AC w/large heat exchanger
-F22 with N1200 AC w/large heat exchanger
-F22 all motor with stock header and stock intake

I also have:
518135 (Joe K)
-F20 9.8:1 with sleeves and rods, stock head and intake manifold, AEM EMS ID1000s, walbro 255 stock fuel lines 17/18psi AFI twin scroll T3 GT3582R
This car was tuned the first time as you see, it was then tuned with full blown twin pump fuel system and a twin disk, 499whp on 93 pump, and 570whp on 110 leaded (both graphs not shown)

Lil Joe (Joe L)
-F20 stock (All other mods unknown) 17 psi AFI Twin scroll T3/T66 (I believe)

It was a headache doing all of this and making sure I had everything correct. I hope you all enjoy. The SC graphs pretty much prove everything we already know. The F22 with a N1200 is the best setup to have, it kicks the shit out of my F20 with a N1200 even when the F20 setup had more boost!

Old 10-08-2013, 09:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1381163985' post='22815201
[quote name='RAIN H8R' timestamp='1381146368' post='22814647']
I was only running a 3.6 pulley at 412ish whp. I can only assume the car will die off or the "surge" will go away at the higher rpms. Whereas the blower kept increasing boost pressure

Why? You were two pulleys away from the blowers top efficiency range. I would expect more mid and top end power. 412whp for this blower isnt even getting into the meat of what its capable of. But even so, making more boost sooner even if it didn’t yield you much more top end wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing right? I'm just surprised you never maxed it out to see what it truly felt like before you gave up and invested in turbo. But I suppose you had other reasons too which is cool.
I meant the SC would keep building boost, and now my turbo kit will have full boost by 5k rpm probably, and slowly loose that "surge" turbo cars have. I didnt max it out because I never had the urge to. The power was "good enough" at the time. Eventually I would have upped the boost but this kit came along and persuaded me otherwise.

Update, my car will not be done until Friday at the latest. I was put onto the dyno for a "quickie," but seeing as how King had issues I am now off the dyno and set aside until later in the week. The current word is that Hondata told my tuner to start from scratch with a new tune, and abandon the previous all motor tune they were going to start with, they (King) seem to think it is a shot in the dark.

Joe, their is always something. Whether it is AEM or if you fork out the cash for Kpro, something can always show up when you least expect it. It is the beauty of modifying anything in your life. Man kind is not perfect But, I do not agree that my car gets set aside, but King has a lot of cars to be worked on. What can you do... Perhaps they could stop taking in so many cars, but they have to pay for that wonderful facility somehow.

Anyways, Ill post up all these dyno sheets. I feel I should just make a new thread because I have a handful, but what the heck. here we go...
[/quote]

Agreed......it's just the nature of the beast when you get into modifying. I had to leave my car for a week while my tuner worked out issues with Hondata. Good luck, can't wait to see the numbers and read a review.

Quick Reply: SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread