S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 04:58 AM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJoe
I was thinking they may have sent you my map, but then I remembered you're not on AEM. Curious what your car will make compared to mine.
Your correct, Im on Kpro. Well you do have a larger turbo if I am not mistaken. But a larger turbo is not needed with goals under 550whp. Im thinking you may make more hp and have more potential for higher hp, but I would expect to start developing boost at a lower rpm amd have full spool quicker. I would also assume if we run similiar hp reguardless of psi, I would have more torque as I have the 2.2l crank.

Ill see if Mike will send me your dyno graph for comparison, with your approval of course ;-)

As far as I know King has not announced a dall dyno day. I will talk to Scott on Monday morning about it, and hope I do not work the projected day of the dyno day.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Old 10-04-2013, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This kit looks awesome. Does that yellow funnel help a lot with burping the coolant? The S seems to be one of the more picky cars I have done a coolant change on as far as getting all the air out. Do you have to remove or move anything to do an oil change? Looks like the oil filter is in a pretty good spot.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:29 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
As far as I know King has not announced a dall dyno day. I will talk to Scott on Monday morning about it, and hope I do not work the projected day of the dyno day.

The reason I mentioned this is that Scott mentioned to me at the summer DD that there was a plan for one in fall...maybe he changed his mind?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by robotvoice
This kit looks awesome. Does that yellow funnel help a lot with burping the coolant? The S seems to be one of the more picky cars I have done a coolant change on as far as getting all the air out. Do you have to remove or move anything to do an oil change? Looks like the oil filter is in a pretty good spot.
The yellow funnel works wonders. It is a full kit that includes a radiator cap that the funnel attaches to. I then run vacuum lines from the bleeder on the firewall and the intake manifold bleeder to the top of the funnel. This ensures a properly bled coolant system. It is important to do this for obvious reasons!

Old 10-04-2013, 09:52 AM

I drove the car alot yesterday. With a spotty tune, the turbo kit works as it should. The turbo hardly makes any noise at 8psi. I look forward to hearing it at 15ish psi. It better make noise or I will be disappointed. I also seem to hear a whistle at certain speeds. Perhaps the intercooler is to blame, but I have yet to test my theory. I also noticed girgling near the turbo after shutting the car off. It appears water is moving around. I doubt there is air in the system though

Old 10-04-2013, 10:00 AM

awesome, when will you be tuning at 15 psi?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 AM

yes that turbo will sing at higher psi! however there are a few things that you can do to increase the noise of the turbo. A big one is the intake, the shorter and more straight the intake is the louder the turbo is. Seeing as this kit has a full turn, the noise is essentially hitting a wall before being heard. the loudest you can get is the metal filter on the mouth of the turbo. Also you can get a Anti-surge housing, or port your housing. It would increase the noise under boost.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by passmans2kny
awesome, when will you be tuning at 15 psi?
Im assuming ill be at or around 15psi on my higher boost setting. I go for a tune on Monday morning at 8am
Originally Posted by benes2k
yes that turbo will sing at higher psi! however there are a few things that you can do to increase the noise of the turbo. A big one is the intake, the shorter and more straight the intake is the louder the turbo is. Seeing as this kit has a full turn, the noise is essentially hitting a wall before being heard. the loudest you can get is the metal filter on the mouth of the turbo. Also you can get a Anti-surge housing, or port your housing. It would increase the noise under boost.
Im willing to make the intake straight, but im not willing to modify the turbo at this time Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Old 10-04-2013, 10:16 AM

A short straight intake, or filter on mouth of the turbo is your best bet. You will be happy with the sound difference.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by benes2k
A short straight intake, or filter on mouth of the turbo is your best bet. You will be happy with the sound difference.
I was always told that a thin walled long intake tube makes the noise MUCH louder. Not a filter on the turbo Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Quick Reply: SOS TS Max Turbo Kit Build Thread