S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS STAGE 2 OR KRAFTERKS HIGH BOOST.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOS STAGE 2 OR KRAFTERKS HIGH BOOST.

i am considering goin the s/c route for my ap1. i have been researching and have decided on either the sos stage 2 kit or the kraftwerks hi-boost kit. im wanting to make around 330-350 on stock internals with just a header and exhaust. i read a review on here about the sos kit and it seem solely as a bolt on kit (i.e. no cutting, re-welding,etc.). i havent been able to find any real reviews on the kraftwerks kit. i mainly want a kit i can install and just start enjoying it. so any one who has either one of these kits your review would be greatly appriciated. also which clutch would be a good upgrade, and what kind of guages (i.e. boost, a/f, oil temp., etc.) would be a good choice?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on how you want you're power delivery. Both can make that power easily. I would choose SOS over any other kit. SOS has a great product, customer support and many members on here have no complaints about the SOS kits reliability. No cutting or relocating needed.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 AM

yeah i was relooking at the site and im leaning more toward their kit. does it come with injectors i didnt see any on the parts list. also would anyone recommend a retune or use their tune that comes with the kit?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Stage 2 comes with injectors. You will need to get it tuned.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Also, you don't need a header or exhaust for those power levels. Save your money for something else.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by whoISesko
yeah i was relooking at the site and im leaning more toward their kit. does it come with injectors i didnt see any on the parts list. also would anyone recommend a retune or use their tune that comes with the kit?
I really support the SOS system due to the refinement and reliability and power potential of the new series Novi blowers that SOS uses. KW doesn’t have much in common, they are both pretty different kits, but the blowers do deliver very similar power curves due to being centrifugal. the rotrex is a bit more efficient at lower rpm and boost but its marginal, and that quickly deminishes becuase it doesn’t offer nearly the power potential the Novi blowers do. If it were me and I know a lot of SC guys agree, the best set up from SOS is to go with the engine lube blower and the 1200 optional upgrade vs the smaller 1220 or the self lube. Its a difference of only $40 but worth about 80-100 more whp capable so its really a no brainer. Its also going to be more desirable for resale if you ever come to that, because it is such a popular option amongst us.

Boost and afr/wideband gauges are the two most essential. I would talk to Chris at SOS and ask him about the kit options as they come in different versions depending on if you need injectors and ems or not. They do have everything you need, just depends on what level you want to start with and where you may want to go down the road. Boost is addictive and the stock motor with a good tune will take everything a maxed out 1200 blower will provide, so keep that in mind.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by soulicious
Also, you don't need a header or exhaust for those power levels. Save your money for something else.
That’s very true, but I would recommend a TP.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 AM

does the stage 2 come with a upgraded fuel pump
Old 03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by whoISesko
does the stage 2 come with a upgraded fuel pump
Call chris @ SOS, there are too many different customizable options. Stage 1/2, tuner kit, upgrade kits etc.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

SOS 1200 kit.. cheaper, more power potential, more thoughtful placement of components & better looking

Quick Reply: SOS STAGE 2 OR KRAFTERKS HIGH BOOST.