S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Sold my turbo s2000 friday than got the call :0(

Old 07-02-2009, 11:09 AM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by devs2k,Jul 2 2009, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't want a car that I can't flog around for a few hours without worrying about it melting down.

Don't think it would have been a problem with proper shielding and relocated fusebox.

I have a non relocated fuse box and have done 8 hour trips with lots of WOT and never had any issues. I do have a heat shield that cuts down on the radiative heat my manifold gives off. This is with no ceramic or heat wrap coatings.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Jul 1 2009, 05:54 PM
No offense, but a 5 hour drive shouldn't set ANY car on fire. Neither should a 17 hour drive.

There is a underlying cause, most likely caused by the heat from the manifold.
No offense, but if a car cannot be driven without fear of catching on fire then you seriously need to rethink the mods or workmanship you have done.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 PM

nooooo!!! why did i look at the pics!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 04:59 AM

my car was never built not ment to be driven for long periods of time, it was a purpose built drag car minus a roll cage. for godsake you couldnt take a turn to fast with low fuel because of the sump. the car was built to go down the track and occasional weekend drive. I put maybe 3000 miles on the car since jan of this year and maybe 10k on it in the 4 years of me owning it. There was no way to know the fuse box would melt due to manifold heat. I never had 1 issue when I owned the car to have to worry about melting fuse boxes. the car was purchased as is and the buyer had the time to inspect every aspect of the car. if at the time he felt the manifold would be a problem with the fuse box he could have declined the purchase and looked else where. he found the car acceptable to his standards and decided to risk the drive.

again the car was not built for cross country driving. and this was explained to buyer before purchase.

in the end I had not 1 problem with the car while I owned it, I got paid and buyer got his money back. the car was a drag race car and never my DD.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing,Jul 2 2009, 02:09 PM

I have a non relocated fuse box and have done 8 hour trips with lots of WOT and never had any issues. I do have a heat shield that cuts down on the radiative heat my manifold gives off. This is with no ceramic or heat wrap coatings.
what manifold are you running? as well as turbo size and HP your at.

on the same note ive driven 3 hours straight form my house to miami drove around town and came back as well as going to the street races an hour away never had one issue with the car. even on the hottest days of the year never had a issue when it was 110 degrees out
Old 07-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Banned

This is the second Lovefab equipped car to catch on fire,the first one is also a member on here that is local to me.I remember seeing the pictures of the car,it caught on fire right on the freeway,the owner took alot of steps in making sure nothing got burnt and heat wrapped everything he could,but he still got burnt in the end.......the car,not him.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:22 AM

I saw this car last friday on I95 in florida heading north,I think i passed him around Daytona Beach or close to it.I remember all that blue tape on the front,mirrors.The exhaust dump is turned downwards.I have a silver Ap1 on boost but i was driving my 07 si to Jacksonville with my kids.The hood was vented with the 3 cutouts on the passenger side.I passed this guy i was doing about 85 he was cruising 2 people was in the car.S2000 gearing kinda sucks for the expressway rides at 70 you at like 4100 rpms in 6 th.Thats sucks the car looked nice too.I relocated mu fusebox under the fender well,and moved the battery & coated manifold and turbo.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by kawi10r998cc,Jul 2 2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah that is exactly why I spent a few hours to extend the wires and move the fusebox to the front of the engine bay!
what kinda numbers did you make on that setup? Got more pics, videos?
Old 07-03-2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by spiked,Jul 3 2009, 08:21 AM
This is the second Lovefab equipped car to catch on fire,the first one is also a member on here that is local to me.I remember seeing the pictures of the car,it caught on fire right on the freeway,the owner took alot of steps in making sure nothing got burnt and heat wrapped everything he could,but he still got burnt in the end.......the car,not him.
lovefab.....junk.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:55 AM

My car has a 6765 turbo,Luv-fab mini manifold,44mm wastegate,1200 cc inj,inline pro 3mm head gasket,aem ems,255 walbro pump.It was tuned by a tuner name Lance @ Machines gone wild in kendall,fl.The car made 500hp @ 321lbs on punp gas at 22lbs of boost,We turned it down to 480 due to the fuel pump was'nt strong enough and he started to adjust the fuel table between 7000 tp 9500 rpm.I have a new fuel system im installing to run E85 and im buy a fire extinguisher and put in in my trunk.A couple short clip of it on Youtube under Joe's s2000 "Raw Racing fly by".Im go to palmbeach to run it this weekend so i should have new video's soon.

Quick Reply: Sold my turbo s2000 friday than got the call :0(