S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

simple injector controllers

Old 04-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedf22c,Apr 2 2009, 12:18 PM
Sounds like you answered your own question then.
Actually no I didnt, I was hoping for recomendations on which injector driver to use and peoples experiences with them, I didnt ask for the alternatives, I already know what the alternative tuning devices are and what kind of performance to expect from those, so it may have appeared I answered my own question but all I have been doing so far is trying to justify why I am choosing to look at the injector driver option, which is pretty damn silly.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this is what your looking for but Ballistic motorsports has a secondary fuel rail they use with the E-manage that delivers OEM like driveability. If you want do a search on the New England forum or get a hold of them.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by 12Penske,Apr 2 2009, 03:46 PM
Not sure if this is what your looking for but Ballistic motorsports has a secondary fuel rail they use with the E-manage that delivers OEM like driveability. If you want do a search on the New England forum or get a hold of them.
Interesting, yes from my understanding there is a few different methods or placements for the aux injector location depending on a few things such as number used. Didnt the stock VTSC kit come with some injector driver kit stock on the ap2 kit, had a 5th injector or something? I wonder what brand or system this is? if the kit your thinking of uses the e-mange to run it I imagine it is still hooked into the factory ecu to run other functions of the stock injectors, if so I will stay away from this option as I want to avoid intercepting the ecu all together.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 PM

I tend to not have much faith in injectors upstream when used for fuel enrichment. Assuming equal fuel gets to all cylinders is generally a bad assumption. Fuel and air don't travel the same way through an intake manifold. Injecting fuel in each runner is slightly more consistent and reliable.

You could probably just run it excessively rich with some upstream injectors and make it fly, but it's far from ideal.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by tony1,Apr 2 2009, 05:05 PM
I tend to not have much faith in injectors upstream when used for fuel enrichment. Assuming equal fuel gets to all cylinders is generally a bad assumption. Fuel and air don't travel the same way through an intake manifold. Injecting fuel in each runner is slightly more consistent and reliable.

You could probably just run it excessively rich with some upstream injectors and make it fly, but it's far from ideal.
Yeah that was also a question that I had, I have heard both positions positive and more negative such as yours with placement before the throttle body. It would make sense to me that placing them in each individual intake runner would be ideal as you mentioned, but that would bring up more possible complications, the two I can think of would be possible over fueling, since there will be 8 injectors being used rather then 5-6, also its going to be more of a headache to take the intake manifold off to have the runners drilled, rather then just slipping off the AC intake from my CT kit. I agree though, logic would tell me the first two cylinders would get most of the added charge coming from the aux injectors in the (before throttle body location), I don't want to run the 3-4 lean. Sure would be easier and less costly to set up this way if its proven to be sound though. That's a good question, thanks for bringing it up
Old 04-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

I've seen one of the SOT/BRP beta testers running a 5th injector with a ultimate e-manage. I'm not sure if any of the other beta testers were using this.

The AP2 Vortech kit uses a Split Second timing and injector controller with a sub injector in the aftercooler.

I used to run a blue e-manage with 440cc RC's on a stock boost Vortech without a problem (no timing control though) except for an occasional Baro DTC and having to hold the throttle for cold starts without stalling.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

^^^ Thanks for the info there Replicating something like the VT kit may be the answer. I'll have to research that a bit and see if it would allow me to suffice my needs.

BTW -before my tuner over fueled my motor to death with the FIC, I was able to run 10.5 psi on the stock timing map with the CTSC without any detonation, was a bit surprising, I figured there would need to be a bit at that point, but there just isn't enough lower/mid rpm boost, so with that, my goal is to recreate this boost/power level with a more reliable course of action, keeping the factory systems in place. Down the road if I decide to hit 12psi+ I think it would be prudent at that point to run a stand alone measure that will have the ability to retard timing.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:20 PM

don't cut corners when it comes to boost man. nothing good comes outta it in the long run just by trying to save a grand or 2.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by DeadZero,Apr 2 2009, 07:20 PM
don't cut corners when it comes to boost man. nothing good comes outta it in the long run just by trying to save a grand or 2.
I appreciate the advise, but why spend it if its not necessary? There are other options on the market and some system configurations members have created for a particular situation/application that clearly don't get the attention i feel they deserve generally speaking, the question I have, is that because we are not informed or because we all know everything already? Some of us know more then others and have more experience, hard to know exactly who's got experience on a forum until they speak, but it begs to ask the questions. My experience has brought me to this point now, so I'm willing to ask the questions and with any luck find a good alternative that could possible help some other members out in the future.

Generally speaking some of the answer's to tuning related questions on s2ki start to sound like a broken record after a wile, EMS...EMS, just do an EMS. etc makes you wonder if most the members are just Perot's or if they actual are experienced with good insight.

I like to find the lines of where one tuning device or application warrants changes, to maximize performance and money spent. In my experience these lines are very blurred on s2ki, mostly from lack of insight and experience. I'd say this is more typical in the lesser to moderate boost applications. 10psi and under.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:35 PM

you know what.... never mind. i take back what i said and i'm gonna wait and see what happens with your project. goodluck

Quick Reply: simple injector controllers