S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Science of Speed kit on a 2005 questions

Old 03-16-2014, 03:46 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Science of Speed kit on a 2005 questions

Okay so I have been thinking long and hard about what kit to go with.. I was thinking kraftwerks at first but now I'm leaning more towards SOS for head room when I want more power..

I already priced out everything and with the 600hp fuel system it's like $7,700 for the kit.. Depending on which EMS the price can go down.. Out of the box I know I want to try to hit 400whp.. But I know I'll want more and want to order it all at once to save future headache..

Now my question is, does the AEM EMS series 2 still use the stock ecu? I haven't read anything about it being a piggy back and I'd really like to stay away from a full stand-alone ecu if possible for open loop and full sensor use.. Plus i have read that some people lose the water temp gauge when they went to AEM..

Is the K-pro option any better? They say it's derived from a factory ecu so it keeps all sensors and whatnot..

Like I said I'm looking to keep my stock ODB-II functions for check engine lights and full sensor functions..

Are there any other tuning solutions that I should look into before placing my order?

And other mods or pulley request I would need to hit 400whp out of the box?

I have searched, and stated at this forum for over a year thinking about going f/i.. These are just some lingering questions I felt I should ask directly..
Old 03-16-2014, 06:45 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ
Okay so I have been thinking long and hard about what kit to go with.. I was thinking kraftwerks at first but now I'm leaning more towards SOS for head room when I want more power..

I already priced out everything and with the 600hp fuel system it's like $7,700 for the kit.. Depending on which EMS the price can go down.. Out of the box I know I want to try to hit 400whp.. But I know I'll want more and want to order it all at once to save future headache..

Now my question is, does the AEM EMS series 2 still use the stock ecu? I haven't read anything about it being a piggy back and I'd really like to stay away from a full stand-alone ecu if possible for open loop and full sensor use.. Plus i have read that some people lose the water temp gauge when they went to AEM..

Is the K-pro option any better? They say it's derived from a factory ecu so it keeps all sensors and whatnot..

Like I said I'm looking to keep my stock ODB-II functions for check engine lights and full sensor functions..

Are there any other tuning solutions that I should look into before placing my order?

And other mods or pulley request I would need to hit 400whp out of the box?

I have searched, and stated at this forum for over a year thinking about going f/i.. These are just some lingering questions I felt I should ask directly..
The aem ems does not use the stock ecu. It completely replaces the stock ecu with the aem. Only the first generation aem ems will cause you to loose the water temp gauge on the dash. The newer aem seRies 2 runs the dash gauge just like stock. With the aem it cause you to loose the obd port function. So it will be impossible to pass smog. Also with the aem the check engine light function will not work anymore.

Kpro uses a k series ecu. It keeps your obd2 functions. So it's possible to pass smog.

Go with the aem ems series 2. And tune for flex fuel.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:11 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys, I don't have e-85 in my area and I don't want to purchase it by the drum.. So I think I'll go k-pro and run 93 or race fuel..