S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

From SC to Turbo and now it's untunable

Old 11-05-2014, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From SC to Turbo and now it's untunable

Hoping for a little help guys. I had a SCed S2000 and swapped that out for a forward facing turbo kit with a Precision 6765. Only thing that's changed besides the turbo and all was that I relocated the fusebox and battery. Now it'll randomly misfire throwing Cylinders 2 and 4 misfire and a Random misfire code. I kept the fuel system all the same. One pump did go out so I sent those off and got new ones warrantied and changed the fuel socks in tank. No leaks or anything. I've been tuning with a buddy that's etunes and we're just at a total loss on what else to do.

ID2000cc, -8 Feed -6 Return, BKR8EIX Iridiums, Precision 6765 turbo, open downpipe, AEM wideband, Hondata 4 bar map sensor, Full Blown dual hanger with dual fb340 pumps, Fuel Lab fuel pressure regulator.

My tuners exact words are "I'm at a loss then because no amount of tuning is smoothing out your fuel. Its smooth under load while you're accelerating but any other time its very jagged and uncontrollable."
Old 11-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Spotter
Community Organizer

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

I can't really provide much insight other than find another tuner to take a look. Send your logs over to Evans maybe.
I could never trust a tuner who has NO idea what was wrong or how to fix it. Friend or not, this is your baby
Old 11-06-2014, 06:44 AM

Did you swap coil packs ?
Check those, pnp harnesses on your injectors if you have them
So it's just partial throttle ?
I'm sure someone here can help you out.
Jay from real st performance may be able to help.
Everyone is going to busy at MIR until the end of the weekend though
A 67mm turbo setup is much difference than a SC setup... Maybe find someone is your area that can help. Where are you located ?
It's hard to étune driveability based off of logs
Old 11-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Is it losing fuel or spark when this is happening? If it's fine at WOT, fuel is likely to be fine a lower loads too unless you're having an issue with the FPR (can you verify pressure?). Have you looked at the plugs, grounds, etc?

The turbo setup isn't significantly different than the SC setup in terms of getting this portion tuned. It's all load based and now you've shed the parasitic loss that was previously present with the SC.

If it ran fine before and nothing else what changed but the SC to turbo, start looking at things you might have messed with while working in there.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by d-bo
Did you swap coil packs ?
Check those, pnp harnesses on your injectors if you have them
So it's just partial throttle ?
I'm sure someone here can help you out.
Jay from real st performance may be able to help.
Everyone is going to busy at MIR until the end of the weekend though
A 67mm turbo setup is much difference than a SC setup... Maybe find someone is your area that can help. Where are you located ?
It's hard to étune driveability based off of logs
I swapped coil packs, checked the harness, its when the cars coming to an idle (under load its fine when there isnt load it is very sporadic
Old 11-06-2014, 09:19 AM

I did relocate my battery and fuse box could that affect something fuel related or anything of the sort?
Old 11-06-2014, 09:35 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

^ 100%

if its not wired correctly or something isnt making full contact that could cause a problem for sure
Old 11-06-2014, 04:20 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Going turbo is like going full retard. Never go full retard.

I'm kidding I'm kidding! Sheesh hahaha
Old 11-06-2014, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fuel maps of a big turbo car are sooooo different that a SC car...the boost portion of the map should be from scratch, copy/paste the vac section if its dialed in, and same injectors.

I put the bulk of my tuning experience in before this whole e-tuning thing became cool...but IMHO, it can only be pulled off by high-level tuners...who can turn to their library of previously tuned maps with similar setups to start with.

That way everything is pretty close. Then when they E-tune yer giving them logs and the main adjustments are in the load portions of the map. Pretty Simple to be honest...

But E-tuning a car from scratch is gonna go well, or go really badly...part of tuning an engine is hearing it, feeling it...alot of things that can't be seen ina log. If you are top-notch, it can be done...but if you aren't, gonna be a tough time for everyone.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:59 PM

I think we've somehow gotten it taken care of. Usually he tunes for 14.6 afr at idle on id2000. I have no idea whats different about my setup compared to others he has tuned but I'm idling at 13.1 pretty flawlessly without the random misfires. Hopefully this takes care of it. After talking to t1 and a few others this seems like a promising update.

Quick Reply: From SC to Turbo and now it's untunable