S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Round 2, car overheated agian after

Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah. mine fluctuates the same amount as it used to when it was stock. about 1/2 inch or so i would guess.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing,Aug 2 2010, 01:02 PM
honda doesnt use copper spray...

inline pro doesnt use copper spray...

cometic doesnt use copper spray...

i dont think that has anything to do with it at all.

this is difficult to assess the problem source over the internet. all we can do is give reasonable hypothesis for him to test and see what he gets as a result.
I understand none of them use copper spray.
However, does it hurt to spray a bit more assurance? no it doesn't

Did it cure my headgasket leaking issues? It sure did. (518wrhp at that time) And yes, again my deck straightness was in specs as per Honda's manual. And cylinder head passed the straight edge inspection as well.

If there is a space in the layers of the gasket, that's what the copper spray is for.

Does it have anything to do with it? Of course not, he doesnt have copper spray lol

And I agree w/ sould coughing. It doesn't just blow, it starts seeping/leaking and you won't know it till it overheats.

As Soul Coughing said, from my experience as well, the system gets contaminated with air and it just won't bleed itself because everytime you drive it, it just keeps getting more air over and over again until You have an overfloweD tank.

In Joey's first post, when he said he stopped at the compression test and bleeding the system. I wasn't convinced. Had a feeling the symtoms whould come back, unfortunately. The question in my head was: Why does the system have air again? ...
Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 PM

^ i doubt copper spray fixed your headgasket issues bro. 99% bet that it had something to do with how your reassembled it. new gasket? double checked the torque on the re-install? something along those lines probably fixed it. no way did you pull the head, spray some copper, and slap it back on exactly as it was and *POOF* all your worries are gone.

just sayin'
Old 08-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing,Aug 2 2010, 03:50 PM
^ i doubt copper spray fixed your headgasket issues bro. 99% bet that it had something to do with how your reassembled it. new gasket? double checked the torque on the re-install? something along those lines probably fixed it. no way did you pull the head, spray some copper, and slap it back on exactly as it was and *POOF* all your worries are gone.

just sayin'
I bought a total of 3 of the same headgaskets for testing purposes. Yup money money. Anyway 2 gaskets didn't seal. One used gasket with copper spray, sealed.
Took everything back off and sprayed the last gasket left with copper spray.

As far as something wrong w/ the install? Highly doubt it dude, after doing it PLENTY of times. Besides, I'm no rookie when it comes to working on cars dude. Been doing it a long long time!

I won't say Poof and it's done, because the install itself takes time, But after the install was complete everything was fine ma friend.

After carefully inspecting the 3 gaskets (layers and all) and not finding defects, aside from not having a microscope to look for microscopic defects, the only variable that changed was the copper spray. Simple science...
Old 08-02-2010, 01:23 PM

believe what you like bro.

copper spray is a 9 dollar placebo. otherwise, every gasket company(cometic, oem, inline pro) would all use this magical stuff that fixes "unseen" defects.

but you've been doing this for longer than them soooo..........
Old 08-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing,Aug 2 2010, 04:23 PM
believe what you like bro.

copper spray is a 9 dollar placebo. otherwise, every gasket company(cometic, oem, inline pro) would all use this magical stuff that fixes "unseen" defects.

but you've been doing this for longer than them soooo..........
first off
yup 9 dollar placebo did the trick... Whatever you call it mang

second
every company doesn't have to use it in order for it work. Copper spray will not seal a 1" gap or imperfections the size of a car tire. But it should help to seal a microscopic imperfection. All it takes for air to escape, path of least resistance...

third.

I never said I've been doing this longer than them. sooooo you most likely read wrong!
First thing to come out your mouth is I must've done something wrong, enough said...

Not here for you to believe me, could honestly care less if you do or don't, I'm simply sharing what I went through and what fixed the issue. If you simply don't know the methodology I went through, ask, don't open up your mouth saying I did this wrong did that wrong.

At any rate your debate isn't helping the poster either...
Old 08-02-2010, 02:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is the thing, the two times the car has overheated, it went like this

Drive around beat the shit out of the car, park it and let it sit for a while............

Hop in the car start it up, start to drive normally, car starts to overheat

Just like last time, I bled the system and did some WOT pulls and watched the Water temp guage and it seems to work fine.

Is it possible that the head is lifting only a tiny amount on only a few pulls when the motor is very hot? Evrytime the head lifts a tiny bit of air enters the coolant and eventually it is too much air to burp out?

I am getting a leakdown done in two weeks, but do plan on driving the car to a local meet this weekend.

no bubbling in the coolant when I start the car, no milky residue on oil cap, and no burning coolant, seems like I blew the HG between the cyclinder walls, much like AUSs2000,

thoughts
Old 08-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls,Aug 2 2010, 05:47 PM
Here is the thing, the two times the car has overheated, it went like this

Drive around beat the shit out of the car, park it and let it sit for a while............

Hop in the car start it up, start to drive normally, car starts to overheat

Just like last time, I bled the system and did some WOT pulls and watched the Water temp guage and it seems to work fine.

Is it possible that the head is lifting only a tiny amount on only a few pulls when the motor is very hot? Evrytime the head lifts a tiny bit of air enters the coolant and eventually it is too much air to burp out?

I am getting a leakdown done in two weeks, but do plan on driving the car to a local meet this weekend.

no bubbling in the coolant when I start the car, no milky residue on oil cap, and no burning coolant, seems like I blew the HG between the cyclinder walls, much like AUSs2000,

thoughts
What you just described is exactly what happened to me. I coulndn't explain it because I would drive from Medford to Port Washington fine, beat on it this and that. And for those that know me know I have a heavy foot.
Next day Iwould leave my house and in 5 minutes it would overheat with the reservoir filled up above normal.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^

it's almost a nice way to blow a headgasket, car is still drivable after a nice bleed of the system

I wonder if parking the car on an incline overnight would burp it
Old 08-02-2010, 03:06 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by JoeyBalls,Aug 2 2010, 06:01 PM
^

it's almost a nice way to blow a headgasket, car is still drivable after a nice bleed of the system

I wonder if parking the car on an incline overnight would burp it
it is. But not knwoing that such was the problem, I drove it for about a week plus I had no choice but to drive it. My beater was down too.

There was no other indication of coolant/oil mixing, plugs wet, etc.

Hopefully your issue is a lot less complex than what I went through

Quick Reply: Round 2, car overheated agian after