S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Round 2, car overheated agian after

Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

arp AND Inline Pro BOTH states 90ft/lbs with ARP studs and moly lube so I would think the people who designed the headgasket would know what to properly torque the studs to...

Also I believe the logic behind copper spray but applying it in a uniform fashion is still nearly impossible and therefore I didnt use it. How can you ensure your applying it at a consistant thickness coming from a can? Well thats nearly impossible.

I guess I will wait for my HG to blow or leak or some nonsense but no copper spray is on mine so far and its holding
Old 08-04-2010, 05:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gm-
silver anti-sieze on threaded fittings holding liquid is not the same as copper spray on steel clamped surfaces holding air. with all of your years of superiority over everyone, you should know that.

the gasket blows from heat, pressure, and flexing. now if the copper spray can drop temps, decrease combustion pressure, and keep the gasket rock solid, it would be anywhere and everywhere and a DEFINITE step in the installation manual/instructions from any gasket or oem company worldwide.

get off your high-horse bro. because a totally different compound in a totally different situation works for your totally different materials, dont come in here slinging your "first-hand" experience like it applies to everything else, whilst trying to stupefy those who also have first hand experience.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Aug 4 2010, 04:50 AM
Oh well, I stand corrected. As no one has said 'well I didn't use copper spray and I'm not having any problems' I'll have to concede that the secret has been found and it's copper spray after sacrificing a chicken.
goat but thanks for comming around
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing,Aug 4 2010, 07:11 AM
gm-
silver anti-sieze on threaded fittings holding liquid is not the same as copper spray on steel clamped surfaces holding air. with all of your years of superiority over everyone, you should know that.

the gasket blows from heat, pressure, and flexing. now if the copper spray can drop temps, decrease combustion pressure, and keep the gasket rock solid, it would be anywhere and everywhere and a DEFINITE step in the installation manual/instructions from any gasket or oem company worldwide.

get off your high-horse bro. because a totally different compound in a totally different situation works for your totally different materials, dont come in here slinging your "first-hand" experience like it applies to everything else, whilst trying to stupefy those who also have first hand experience.
You will notice I said gaskets as well. Yes I mostly use it on fittings but pressure clamped gaskets can benifeit from the same application. while it was late at night and I might not of been thinking about everything clearly I still stand by the fact that copper spray will mask problems on a headgasket or the block / head as long is its very small.

Now if your motor is just problamatic then nothing in the world will help you , but for those without issues and a properly built motor the copper spray will just be added comfort. All the people that have blown headgaskets need to really think about all the precautions they took while installing it. Slow and safe will save you days and stress , but what do I know its hard to see everything clear from my high horse.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Aug 4 2010, 05:50 AM
Oh well, I stand corrected. As no one has said 'well I didn't use copper spray and I'm not having any problems' I'll have to concede that the secret has been found and it's copper spray after sacrificing a chicken.
Aus,

I am not saying that I found the secret recipe or cure to Joey's problem. I don't have a clue what Joey's problem is without troubleshooting it myself.

All I said was once gain was that I was simply sharing my issues (similar issues) and what fixed it. Will it work for you or anyone else? Maybe, maybe not. However, its magical powers worked for me, enough said.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing,Aug 4 2010, 08:11 AM
gm-

GAskets may blow from heat, pressure and flexing. If you start with a uniformly layed gasket, and help it to sit correctly, it should theoretically last longer. If your tune is not optimal, nothing is gonna hold that gasket in place, we all know that.

When you install an oil filter it is advisable that you lay a coat of oil on the gasket. Otherwise the gasket will most likely grab onto the metal and not sit correctly as you spin the filter tight. And now when you run the engine, and the gasket sees about 90psi of oil pressure, the pressure will most likely relieve through the area that the gasket flexed. Sounds familiar? Same concept. I know you gonna argue back and forth that it's a different scenario. Sure it is. But conceptually, it's the same thing.

And honestly I think if anybody is get off the high horse is you. If you are going to give advise, don't be a sarcastic dyck about it. And I'm referring to:

"just get the copper spray and call it a day joey..."

If you don't believe in it because you never used it or have no idea how, then don't be once again, a sarcastic dyck.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^we (ISC RACING SERVICES here in winter haven) have done everything when it comes to motor longevity in race cars that get the upmost abuse. and from time to time, someone comes along(either a driver or some other pit member from another team) and has this "new thing" or "magical product" that they swear works. until you break down what has actually taken place at a much more direct and step-by-step level., and find that it was an outside factor not taken into account that allowed more hp, or dropped a few degrees or the like.

i am not being a sarcastic "Dyck". i am stating facts that no company out even so much as acknowledges it let alone recommends it. PERIOD. but for some unknown reason, you guys swear by it. and like i said earlier, if it was even microscopically beneficial, the companies would jump at the chance to let a cheapo product help in saving their hide in case of a small discrepancy. but they dont!!!! because all of their thousands of dollars spent on r&d testing what works, what doesnt. what helps, what doesnt. what causes failures, what doesn, has yielded the product they currently sell and the directions they have found to get the best possible result.

that is IT. no if and's or but's about it.

i give you facts, you give personal beliefs and theories on how other situations relate. yet you are the one calling me sarcastic? gimme a break bro.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll admit I didn't read everyones posts, but heres just a thought...when do you have your cooling fans set to come on on your aem ems? When my tuner setup my fans I don't rem the exact degree but I think it was 193-196 mine come on...mine will come on and off usually 30sec to 1min intervals if not more often, when the car is warmed up. I wanted it that way for personal preference to know the car is running cool ...now I'm not turbo'd nor do I have the HG problem your probably having I'm just saying maybe have them turn on a bit more? Seeing how the turbo "can" make things hotter than stock motor and maybe having them come on more "might" help you avoid this problem at least for a little bit longer in the future if it ever happens again.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^

Well the problem isnt the inability of the radiator to cool the fluid properly, it's the air pockets due to exhaust gases being leaked that is causing the problems. My fans come on around 195F.

Anybody ever use that liquid gasket stuff to seal a blown headgasket? I mean has anyone used it in an emergency?

If I couldn't afford to fix the problem I guess I would try? Either way I hope a full bleed will get me through this weekend, then of to Minitoyots to get the gasket replaced.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing,Aug 4 2010, 02:58 PM
^we (ISC RACING SERVICES here in winter haven) have done everything when it comes to motor longevity in race cars that get the upmost abuse. and from time to time, someone comes along(either a driver or some other pit member from another team) and has this "new thing" or "magical product" that they swear works. until you break down what has actually taken place at a much more direct and step-by-step level., and find that it was an outside factor not taken into account that allowed more hp, or dropped a few degrees or the like.

i am not being a sarcastic "Dyck". i am stating facts that no company out even so much as acknowledges it let alone recommends it. PERIOD. but for some unknown reason, you guys swear by it. and like i said earlier, if it was even microscopically beneficial, the companies would jump at the chance to let a cheapo product help in saving their hide in case of a small discrepancy. but they dont!!!! because all of their thousands of dollars spent on r&d testing what works, what doesnt. what helps, what doesnt. what causes failures, what doesn, has yielded the product they currently sell and the directions they have found to get the best possible result.

that is IT. no if and's or but's about it.

i give you facts, you give personal beliefs and theories on how other situations relate. yet you are the one calling me sarcastic? gimme a break bro.
So now you think that because your s2k name is teamvalorracing and that because you claim to work for ISC RACING SERVICES, that your word is more credible than anybody elses? Get the hell outta here. For all I know you may be the janitor that sweeps the floor after the crew men leave and picks up a few car knowledge stuff here and there from random conversations from the crew men.

If I worked for ISC RACING SERVICES and told you that I fixed my issues with copper spray, would that be more credible??

Just because your shop or you hasn't used it or experimented with it, doesn't mean it hasn't worked for someone. Before I put up a story I make sure all of my other constants are indeed constant. You are the one doubting my work here, outside factors, bla bla bla, whatever.

Again, and again, just because the whole planet Earth doesn't use something, doesn't mean it hasn't worked for at least 1 person. I believe someone said that Laskey recommended it, so there is one person that states to use it. There may be an infinite # of reasons why they don't recommended it who knows. One of them is the material on the gasket doesn't mix well with copper spray. BS, I would've blown my gasket long ago. Some research missing here I guess. And plus After all gaskets are over $300 depending where you buy it.

And know that sometimes a product can be improved upon. Research is not an exact science. Research is like you said, something that studies have come up with. Hopefully the best product possible. Bingo, you said it. No arguments there, if you get my drift.

You give facts and I give personal believes and theories? I mean WTF are you? What makes you the God of information? I mean if I come up with a story of issues and a fix that worked for me after running various experiments, procedures, processes, whatever you call it, I can't possibly call it a fantasy.

Now if this doesn't sound like a sarcastic dyk:

Posted: Aug 3 2010, 08:44 PM
just get the copper spray and call it a day joey...

then what do you call that? I was starting to think you no older than 18 with your scarcasm but now I seem to think you are much older, if you don't remember writing that, you are turning senile on me because that sounds like sarcasm to me.

Now why dont you give me a break

Quick Reply: Round 2, car overheated agian after