S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Reusing the filter/sock @ bottom of fuel pump

Old 06-17-2011, 05:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Reusing the filter/sock @ bottom of fuel pump

I am going FI soon that is why I am installing the walbro. But before I did the walbro fuel pump swap I read on here that people just reused the old filter/sock (the on located at the bottom of the fuel pump). Yesterday as I was performing the swap I noticed that my filter/sock was dirty. There seemed to be certain specific spots on the bottom of the filter/sock that were black from dirt (I wish I had a picture to show). I then attempted to try to clean the filter in a bowl of fresh gasoline (making sure that the gas doesn't get into the inside of the filter). After I cleaned it to the best of my ability I noticed that there was dirt and other small particle junk that where floating around and stuck in between the mesh layers of the filter/sock that would not come out.

My car is a 2005 S2000 that has about 62,000 miles on it.

I called my local honda dealer and they said it would be $31.00. $11.00 is just for shipping alone or I would have to wait five days. Majestic probably has a longer wait time.

It's about $20-$22 at the other autopart stores.

So with everyone's experiences and opinions do I:

1) Reuse old filter/sock regardless of how dirty it is?

2) Buy a new Honda OEM filter/sock and replace?

3) Buy a new filter/sock from Autozone, Napa, Advance, etc. and replace?

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Since you have it out and have one available, replace.

I wish I'd have bought one when I had my fuel pump out. I'll likely replace it when I do my top.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I just reused my stock one. Wasn't too filthy though. Shouldn't really be too nasty in there or most cars. If I had a new oem one laying around I would have definitely put that in however. Most just reuse them when installing the pump.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Moddiction
I just reused my stock one. Wasn't too filthy though. Shouldn't really be too nasty in there or most cars. If I had a new oem one laying around I would have definitely put that in however. Most just reuse them when installing the pump.
This