S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Removing wastegate, CTSC

Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^thats dumb though. all he would be doing was blowing off boost pressure that the engine had to drive the SC to create once it was at the desired level.
get the correct sc pulley for the psi you want and be done with it.

as for deathsled's comment:
the bpv is weaksauce. made of plastic and susceptible to failure at higher than oem comptech psi levels. SO, like i said, you should mount your bov in the spot on the other side of the cooler(where the recirc plate is for the BPV), and get the correct pulley and enjoy a super fricken awesome SC kit. Comptech is always FTW imo.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R,Jun 20 2010, 02:38 PM
Id say keep the wastegate, get a 3.0 pulley for the blower, and a spring for the wastegate so it stays at your desired boost level...perhaps 7/8 psi which I assume is what you desire to have...?
agreed.

the reason to do this is to gain midrange boost/power. i believe blower is efficient still with 3.0 pulley, so you gain the midrange and just bleed off the top end. i really want to see someone do this, esp on a 1500 blower.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

[QUOTE=camuman,Jun 20 2010, 02:05 PM] agreed.

the reason to do this is to gain midrange boost/power.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:25 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

I thought about running the Turbonetics and bleeding boost. Its a nifty idea. If you already have it, just leave it on, if you don't want to use it then pull the vacuum line and now the unit is your plug. Done
Old 06-20-2010, 09:12 PM

wouldnt this drop the realiability of the comptech kit if he retained the fmu, and didn't go with an emu as lowend boost and no timing control is bad right?

but back to the subject, removing the vacuum line would be the easiest way, but they have block off plates on ebay for 10-20, type in wastegate plate in the search
Old 06-21-2010, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Jun 20 2010, 08:25 PM
I thought about running the Turbonetics and bleeding boost. Its a nifty idea. If you already have it, just leave it on, if you don't want to use it then pull the vacuum line and now the unit is your plug. Done
Cool, I'll try this.

Question: I have a boost gauge and I'm not sure exactly where it's tapped in to and getting it's readings from. If I disconnect the wastegate, do you think there is a chance that this would effect my boost gauge?

And to 'deactivate' the wastegate, all I need to do is disconnect the vacuum line? Do I need to block the hole on the wastegate or on the vacuum line?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 AM

remove the vacuum line from the wastegate and from where its conected to the intake manifold IE remove the vacuum line COMPLETELY.. if its teed into the boost gauge then remove the tee and run the line from your boost gauge directly to a vacuum port on the intake manifold.

yes deactivating the wastegate by removing the line will simply keep the wastegate shut, no need to cap anything off.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SRap1,Jun 21 2010, 09:31 AM
remove the vacuum line from the wastegate and from where its conected to the intake manifold IE remove the vacuum line COMPLETELY.. if its teed into the boost gauge then remove the tee and run the line from your boost gauge directly to a vacuum port on the intake manifold.

yes deactivating the wastegate by removing the line will simply keep the wastegate shut, no need to cap anything off.
Thanks for the tip. So if it's connected to the intake manifold and I remove it completely, then what will cover the remaining opening on the intake manifold? Assuming my boost gauge is connected elsewhere.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM

i doubt there will be an opening: there arent really many spare vacuum ports on this manifold, its most likely teed off, so whatever its teed from should just be put back on there by itself.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanSerino,Jun 21 2010, 06:17 AM
Cool, I'll try this.

Question: I have a boost gauge and I'm not sure exactly where it's tapped in to and getting it's readings from. If I disconnect the wastegate, do you think there is a chance that this would effect my boost gauge?

And to 'deactivate' the wastegate, all I need to do is disconnect the vacuum line? Do I need to block the hole on the wastegate or on the vacuum line?
Yes, then plug the vacuum line.

I'd go ahead and plug the vacuum port for the WG too.

Quick Reply: Removing wastegate, CTSC