S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Rebuilding the Novi 1000

Old 04-19-2009, 05:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman,Apr 19 2009, 09:34 AM
i found this post funny. just becuase they are considered professionals doesnt mean they do headache free perfect work rofl..... if the guy can source the parts cheaper, is handy with tools and is willing to learn someting new, then hell yeha do it. i do most of my own work too. if i cant figure it out i ask a friend, or read up on it. theres two things i will never touch. the inside of a transmission and the inside of a differential. other then that, wheres the wrench!
and I found your post funny too.......

care to re-read mine again??

I said IF YOUR LOOKING TO AVOID THE HEADACHE......AND CAN AFFORD IT, the most sensible option is to send it in.

I also was not cutting down OP for not trying it on his own....props to him for doing so......but by all the posts.....and I believe in one of them he even said how much of a headache it was.

I was simply stating that if its that much trouble and hassel, and your not going to save very much at all.......why not just send the damn thing in for the rebuild.

You guys jump to conclusions way to fast......slow down the reading and understand whats being said before you pounce.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fishs2000,Apr 19 2009, 08:29 PM
That comment right there son is the basis for my assumption.......clearly in all your posts you did a lot of reasearch and tried your hardest; to what seemed to only save $100.
if you actually read my posts you would see that buying my own bearings would actually save me no money...but how would i come to that realization unless i had DONE the research? and if it did save me $100 would that really show how im so poor and needy? really? i'm not going to lay all my assets down in this thread for you but if you think i am needy and/or can't afford to have what i have then you are sorely mistaken.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:03 PM

let me use your philosophy on YOU now...

you don't have a supercharger yet although they are readily available both used and new. you posted a thread trying to find one for sale in Canada. why did you make a post in order to find one? clearly if you couldn't just go online and buy the first one that came up in google search then you can't afford it and shouldn't own one. the fact that you don't have one yet could also indicate that you need to save up ...so you OBVIOUSLY shouldn't ever get a supercharger. leave the FI forum because your broke ass doesn't belong here.

does that make sense? ask yourself. i didn't think so.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Apr 19 2009, 06:03 PM
let me use your philosophy on YOU now...

you don't have a supercharger yet although they are readily available both used and new. you posted a thread trying to find one for sale in Canada. why did you make a post in order to find one? clearly if you couldn't just go online and buy the first one that came up in google search then you can't afford it and shouldn't own one. the fact that you don't have one yet could also indicate that you need to save up ...so you OBVIOUSLY shouldn't ever get a supercharger. leave the FI forum because your broke ass doesn't belong here.

does that make sense? ask yourself. i didn't think so.
ROFL - Im no genious, but im pretty sure savings of $3000 - $4000 is a lot more expected of someone then say savings of NIL - $100 haha. Sorry son, bad ...BAAAAD comparison. but nice try.

Second of all - Im trying to find a "turn key" kit. Something that someone can already provide me with EVERYTHING....vac hoses, guages, .....all items. not just the items you get with the kit. Again, bad attempt at figuring out my "philosophy"

haha, by your comments "Ive owned a SC for a year now", and "Ive been posting in here for a long time", as well as "I have done it more times than you can count on one hand" Congratulation.....next time your in Canada hit me up for a cookie!!

Sounds like owning a SC for a year and posting in the FI forum makes you an expert....lmao.

My broke ass? ROFL.....too bad little boy has no clue, which of course I would not expect you to.

Also....did i once imply YOU were needy or cant afford what you have? DIDNT THINK SO. your a little too quick to jump there grasshopper. Clearly you are not "able" to understand my point....otherwise thsi would never have gone past the first post. I was simply saying IF you CANT afford it, then you shouldnt own it. That was implied for ANYONE in general. Secondly, I give you props for finding out the info on yourself......but again, I was simply saying if you were to go through with it, and found it such a hassel...and the money wasnt a factor, then clearly the most reasonable option was to opt. the rebuilt from the manufacturer.

Take it as you like, but your attempt to.........do or prove whatever it is your trying to prove is all nonsense had you read my posts with a little more attention.

Cheers
Old 04-19-2009, 06:32 PM

Old 04-19-2009, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we get this thread back OT instead of this pissing match? Thanks. Nightcrawler, I had some free time this weekend and found the bearings for the original part numbers you suggested. They're ABEC-7, from what I was told. They're an older part number, so they're actually a lot cheaper.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by itlynstalyn,Apr 20 2009, 01:11 AM
Can we get this thread back OT instead of this pissing match? Thanks. Nightcrawler, I had some free time this weekend and found the bearings for the original part numbers you suggested. They're ABEC-7, from what I was told. They're an older part number, so they're actually a lot cheaper.
cooool post up a link or PM!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates on the bearing kits? I hate how alot of the rebuilders mark them up so much if we can get them for 6-8 dollars are per ebay in one of the first posts.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:10 AM

buying the properly rated bearings individually will cost way more than the available rebuild kit. i guess they cut the cost down to $350 because they buy in bulk. the information presented is correct but unless you find someone to supply them wayyyy under the norm, the best option pricewise for us individual consumers would be to buy the rebuild kit.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some new pictures to attach that I was given. Maybe we can do some digging. Give me a few and I will try to upload them. They are out of a novi2000.

Edit (I know they're big but I'm lazy):

Quick Reply: Rebuilding the Novi 1000