S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Rebuilding the Novi 1000

Old 04-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

[QUOTE=fishs2000,Apr 19 2009, 12:08 PM] so which is it then?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Apr 15 2009, 02:11 PM
i've been reading up on supercharger rebuilds because i think mine is due for one.
Why do you think you need a rebuild? I am just wondering because my SC is starting to get up there in miles, I haven't had any problems so far, but it does seem to be leaking a bit of oil.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goldenfri,Apr 19 2009, 11:26 AM
Why do you think you need a rebuild? I am just wondering because my SC is starting to get up there in miles, I haven't had any problems so far, but it does seem to be leaking a bit of oil.
oil around the inlet near the impeller, and the sound it makes at idle. i know a lot of people say that's normal but i find that hard to believe. the sound is clearly the sound of a shot bearing. if you've ever heard Bobby's in person...his blower sounds sooooo perfect and clean. all you hear is the whistle, no bearing noise.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apart from the sound and the oil leaking at how many miles more or less does a NOVI 1000 needs rebuild??
Old 04-19-2009, 09:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fishs2000,Apr 19 2009, 11:08 AM
so which is it then? do you? or do you not understand my point? You just contradicted yourself in those two statements........you realize that right?

Just because I dont have a SC yet, doesn't mean I cannot state what myself and many others (who also dont have SC's), are thinking. If you dont have professional experience building SC's, and want to ensure the job gets done right without the hassel and headache...............I dont need a SC'd car to tell you if you cant afford a $450 - $600 rebuilt, you shouldn't own a $5600 supercharcher.

Point being - If you saved and saved just enough to buy the SC, no point in having it if you cant afford to fix it!
i found this post funny. just becuase they are considered professionals doesnt mean they do headache free perfect work rofl..... if the guy can source the parts cheaper, is handy with tools and is willing to learn someting new, then hell yeha do it. i do most of my own work too. if i cant figure it out i ask a friend, or read up on it. theres two things i will never touch. the inside of a transmission and the inside of a differential. other then that, wheres the wrench!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by fishs2000,Apr 19 2009, 11:08 AM
so which is it then? do you? or do you not understand my point? You just contradicted yourself in those two statements........you realize that right?

Just because I dont have a SC yet, doesn't mean I cannot state what myself and many others (who also dont have SC's), are thinking. If you dont have professional experience building SC's, and want to ensure the job gets done right without the hassel and headache...............I dont need a SC'd car to tell you if you cant afford a $450 - $600 rebuilt, you shouldn't own a $5600 supercharcher.

Point being - If you saved and saved just enough to buy the SC, no point in having it if you cant afford to fix it!
i didn't contradict myself. i understand the point you are making THAT IT MIGHT BE MORE COST EFFECTIVE TO SEND IT IN FOR A REBUILD. but i don't think you should be running your mouth about how i SHOULDN'T OWN an SC if i don't want to spend the $ to rebuild it...BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT I COULD SAVE SOME MONEY. are you saying that the fact that i don't feel like spending money i COULD save means that i shouldn't own a supercharger? i do have the money but if it's not 100% necessary, why would i go spend more than i need to? and you're trying to imply that i saved up just enough to buy the SC and not enough to fix it...did it occur to you that i've been posting in the FI forum for a while and i've had this blower for over a year?

i don't think you understand that removing and opening the blower is a very easy task and yes, i have done it more times than you can count on 1 hand. if it isn't a difficult thing to do and it would be cheaper, then why not? of course letting someone else do it all would be much easier for me, but i don't mind it if i can save significantly. with the information i've now found, it seems like i wouldn't be saving anything by putting together my own rebuild kit, but wasn't the research necessary in order for me to realize that?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by S2000_FUN,Apr 19 2009, 12:32 PM
Apart from the sound and the oil leaking at how many miles more or less does a NOVI 1000 needs rebuild??
it varies by the unit really..i know some people have put 100,000 miles on a paxton without it needing a rebuild, and some with 30,000 miles that needed rebuilds
Old 04-19-2009, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone want to sell me a novi 1000 that needs a rebuild?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalIsMyLife,Apr 19 2009, 01:21 PM
anyone want to sell me a novi 1000 that needs a rebuild?
you forgot your ring n pinion lol. you can take it for free numbnuts
Old 04-19-2009, 05:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Apr 19 2009, 09:36 AM
BECAUSE I THOUGHT THAT I COULD SAVE SOME MONEY.

That comment right there son is the basis for my assumption.......clearly in all your posts you did a lot of reasearch and tried your hardest; to what seemed to only save $100. I wouldnt consider it "running my mouth" - its simple point and fact - If your worried about maintenance and up keep of an item.......dont buy the item.

The effort you put into trying to save yourself a few bucks signals you MAY have cash flow problems or simply do not want to spend that kind of money to get the rebuild. I dont know your perogative....i was simply saying IF SOMEONE IS so worried about it....then............

Which leads me to my point......NOT AN ASSUMPTION........that if your trying that hard to save $100 or so...... then I think anyone would agree that you should not own a SC....or anything that is costly to fix for that matter.

goldenfri: You may want to back track and re-read my posts. I never once made the assumption he cant afford it.... I said IF SOMEONE is worried about the costs to repair something, then they should think twice about owning that item.

Example - Homeowner.....if you are worried about paying all the bills / property tax, and are worried about the "up keep and maintenance" of the home you are looking to buy........you probably shouldnt buy it then. Its common sense.........

Not once did I say the OP could not afford it......i was simply "running my mouth"....lol

Quick Reply: Rebuilding the Novi 1000