S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Pulled motor apart to find...

Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were me I'd replace the crank. That discolor you see is from heat. And also, don't try to put anything together without sleeving it when it comes to the Fseries blocks. Working in a shop doing machine work/sleeving and seeing what has to be done to the block to install each sleeve I would suggest AEBS sleeves or LA Sleeves (same thing) would highly not recommend Dartons. As far as rods/pistons- our shop/race car has had good experience with Manley.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by miguel329
Cp pistons, pauter rods,benson sleeves. Theres tons setups to look at on here, to decide what route to go.
X2 ......Just depends how balls out you wanna go. Like mentioned make sure if you touch the frm the machine shop has the required tools to do it properly. 3/5 of the shops in Vegas don't know or even deal with frm motors.
BC stroker kit. IP stroker, Mahle pistons.....etc etc etc etc etc. Just go through build threads on here.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by H4RD ON
If it were me I'd replace the crank. That discolor you see is from heat. And also, don't try to put anything together without sleeving it when it comes to the Fseries blocks. Working in a shop doing machine work/sleeving and seeing what has to be done to the block to install each sleeve I would suggest AEBS sleeves or LA Sleeves (same thing) would highly not recommend Dartons. As far as rods/pistons- our shop/race car has had good experience with Manley.
What´s wrong with Darton Sleeves? Never had any problems with their stuff.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:55 AM

Any other thoughts?
Old 03-17-2012, 04:54 AM

U should check out my F24 Blower Build, I'm repairing very similar damage. I would take the crank to a machine shop and have it measured to see if you can polish it out.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by B5254T4
Originally Posted by H4RD ON' timestamp='1331766069' post='21509388
What´s wrong with Darton Sleeves? Never had any problems with their stuff.
The way you machine the block for Dartons blows my mind lol how they stay in the block is crazy compared to how a AEBS style works. The head is pretty much what keeps the Dartons in. They have little rubber o rings that you slip on the bottom of the sleeve :/

I'm sure you could do some research and find out exactly the process and I'm sure will find followers that swear by there stuff and the design but after personally machining and doing the entire process I know why our big customers never run Dartons.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 AM

The sleeve is standing on three points, press fitted and then pressed by the head, pretty logic to me, can´t sink and can´t go sideways.
I´ve used them in another car without problems and I know a 1200hp car using them as well.

How are AEBS different, looks pretty much the same on pics? Tried to use them this time but they refused to sell the sleeves.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:02 PM

Anyone know where I can get an ap1 crankshaft?
Old 03-24-2012, 10:04 AM

Can´t help you with the crank, post in the WTB section, seen a few for sale.

Still want to know why Dartons are bad and how AEBS sleeves are mounted, I´m here to learn, bet I´m not alone.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a good AP1 crank and a set of Pauter rods if you're interested. Pulled them out of my Laskey build as I went a different direction. PM me for details / cost / shipping (from Portland, OR).

Best regards,
Stanford

Quick Reply: Pulled motor apart to find...