S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTuning Turbo Kit

Old 12-22-2016, 09:22 PM
S20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ptuning removed the restrictor donut when we retuned on stock exhaust. The boost creep has been mostly controlled with careful dialing of the boost duty cycle based on gear. Im more confident it's the cold weather as I have more hrs with the kit. Right now I'm able to get 13 psi in 3rd gear and 15 psi in 4th. I'm slowly tuning the boost to 14 psi in 3rd gear where the magical "f that's fast" returns.

The new mount will cause the dash to buzz. If it wasn't for the buzzimg dash, I could live with the slight car vibration. It definitely makes the car feel more like a track car than a daily. I've gotten use to it for the simple fact that I beat on this car every single time I get in it and the engine bay is as cool as stock. The turbo lag is almost nonexistent and the power is raw. I'm itching to see what e85 feels like. I wonder if I would get any power increase trying to run e85 thru the 1000cc and 255 wahlbro? I just can't put the cash into upgrading right now.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:56 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Memo6453
how bad is the motor mount vibes? i wish someone local to me had this kit... interested in this potential release again...
They have 3 inserts for the montor mount. I have had all three. I run the softest insert which is the yellow one. This is the only one that is bearable. All the other insererts are horriable and i would not recomend it for a street driven car. on a scale of 1-10. 1 being stock and 10 being race car vibration that will make you kill yourself i would say the yellow mount is a 4 or 5. livable but it does suck compared to stock.

Last edited by riceball777; 12-23-2016 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:19 PM
S20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep..I agree on your scale rating. And I do have the yellow as well. I think they could revisit the design and come up with another concept that could eliminate the buzz but they have no further motivation. I was thinking about drilling a bunch of small holes in the bushing to see if it helps. Do you have the part number and Mfg so I can buy some alternatives?