S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTuning Turbo Kit

Old 11-30-2016, 01:47 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by S20
Ptuning lowered the boost, and while it doesn't hit boost cut anymore, it's also not a beast anymore (I might raise it slightly). A couple psi really changes the personality of the turbo, or I'm just getting bored with the power. Ptuning has confirmed that there's oil in the compressor side of the turbo, so in a few weeks I'm going to ask them to send the turbo to Garrett for warranty since I can't live with a turbo seal leak on a 2 month old turbo, no matter how minor. While I've had my fair share of issues, PTuning has stepped up and I expect this turbo issue to be another "no cost" resolution.
Ptuning customer service is really top notch. I am glad to see other guys running this kit. I need an oil cooler and the oil thermostat (because i got my kit second hand). Once i get those i will be installing my kit and seeing what it does. I also have flash pro on my 2007 but i also sent the computer to hondata so they can add an input / output for a electronic boost controller. We should make a Ptuning owners kit thread so everyone can compile their trials and tribulations on installing and maintaining the kit.

Do you have any videos of your car? I have the gt3076r + the .82 tial exhaust housing which was a PITA to find (because they were on national back order indefinitely).
Old 12-13-2016, 06:46 PM
S20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone want to see a video of the car going through gears 1-3 just pm me your cell number and I'll send a video. The car is a beast with the 3" exhaust. With the stock exhaust it's still fast, and I really value my droneless cab so it's staying with the stock exhaust for now. Ptuning showed 447hp with 3" dual exhaust and like 435hp with stock, so it's still impressive. However, the boost response and spikes are harder to control on the stock exhaust (donut restrictor removed) and requires a little less boost. When the weather warms up, I can see if the boost creep was more of a function of the colder weather. I'm anticipating going to flexfuel next year so those who are building now, do yourself a favor and get wahlbro 400 and 2000cc injectors so it's e85 ready. The new EMS should help control the boost since I'm in love with my stock exhaust. It will be interesting pushing 600hp out of the stock one but I think the open dump lightens the load.

Last edited by S20; 12-13-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 11:08 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The PTunings waste gate is re-circulated? If so on a stock Exhaust it's creating alot of pressure. Hence the creep. The waste gate literally can't Expell the air it's trying to bypass away from the turbine. Depending on "how" bad the creep is, must be manageable or tuned how it is cause ur racing on it
Old 12-14-2016, 10:00 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
The PTunings waste gate is re-circulated? If so on a stock Exhaust it's creating alot of pressure. Hence the creep. The waste gate literally can't Expell the air it's trying to bypass away from the turbine. Depending on "how" bad the creep is, must be manageable or tuned how it is cause ur racing on it
The wastegate is external and utilizes a dumptube that can be re-circulated if you want. Stock exhaust actually helps prevent boost creep. There is also a boost disk between the downpipe and midpipe that helps prevent boost creep.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Chris, do you have a picture of the boost disk?
Old 12-14-2016, 02:57 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh he is open dump. (Last sentence)

I'm sure it works both ways. I know the common explanation of boost creep. IWG or EWG makes no difference, placement, and diameter, recirc or open does tho. That's why I asked.

In his case Im theorizing their is no path of least resistance tho. If he is recirced. On a stock exhaust.

Not sure what the boost disc is.
Edit: does it extend through the pipe to create a longer separation of waste gate dump and Exhaust? .... Found a pic I think, looks to be just a restrictor.

Still impressive considering how much more efficient it could be. It's really interesting how much whp/wtq u can gain.
With that much back pressure and being a single scroll the overlap and opposing cylinders are being contaminated. Not theory, fact.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 12-14-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:15 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RAIN H8R
Chris, do you have a picture of the boost disk?
I would think there are pictures somewhere on here. It is a thin metal disc that goes between the V band flanges on the downpipe and midpipe. They used to sell different sizes, but have come to the conclusion that the included one works best and has a very small effect on horsepower. You remove it if you want to run more than 15 psi.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:13 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts

Sounds good. basically a restrictor plate.

I noticed the changes with the new gtx3076 gen2. Looks like a significant increase in efficiency!
Old 12-16-2016, 05:01 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

I personal don't run the boost disc restrictor plate with my ptuning kit. I run 13psi on 91octane and it does not creep.
Old 12-16-2016, 05:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

how bad is the motor mount vibes? i wish someone local to me had this kit... interested in this potential release again...