S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 11-19-2010, 06:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dsddcd,Nov 19 2010, 11:18 AM
I can tell you from experience that with a decent set of tires and not crazy cambering there is NO trouble holding 12PSI in the S2000 unless it's raining or you do something stupid. I ran my boost by speed from 12PSI in first, 16 in second and 20+ in third on a set of regular Dunlops and even and an extra 1 deg of camber in the rear. Everyone I have know go down this road starts, just like I did, thinking 7PSI will be plenty and I can just run a switch or taper boost in at higher RPM. The reality is that 7PSI felt super slow and with all my kits proceeding I ran a base pressure of 12-14PSI.

Also on your turbo kit comparisons, I would consider the Ptuning manifold between the Greddy and IP Sidewinder. I would consider Mase's kit a lateral move not a step up or down.

I am anxiously awaiting a local member to get his kit and do the install. As with all my other posts I will post up a LOT of detail, (More Than Anyone Ever Reads) and offer my unbiased opinions.
Very, very well said Scott.

We're working very hard to finish everything up and get it out there for customers to judge on their own. I can certainly appreciate the unbiased feedback that I know you will give. This sure beats having to hear others shoot from the hip without any first hand experience.

- Toan
Old 11-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by dsddcd,Nov 19 2010, 11:18 AM
I can tell you from experience that with a decent set of tires and not crazy cambering there is NO trouble holding 12PSI in the S2000 unless it's raining or you do something stupid. I ran my boost by speed from 12PSI in first, 16 in second and 20+ in third on a set of regular Dunlops and even and an extra 1 deg of camber in the rear. Everyone I have know go down this road starts, just like I did, thinking 7PSI will be plenty and I can just run a switch or taper boost in at higher RPM. The reality is that 7PSI felt super slow and with all my kits proceeding I ran a base pressure of 12-14PSI.

Also on your turbo kit comparisons, I would consider the Ptuning manifold between the Greddy and IP Sidewinder. I would consider Mase's kit a lateral move not a step up or down.

I am anxiously awaiting a local member to get his kit and do the install. As with all my other posts I will post up a LOT of detail, (More Than Anyone Ever Reads) and offer my unbiased opinions.
I have 18x9.5's in the rear with 255's on them....nanakang II... all seasons... i chirped a couple of times... but it held, and held well.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HMFIC,Nov 19 2010, 03:58 PM
I have 18x9.5's in the rear with 255's on them....nanakang II... all seasons... i chirped a couple of times... but it held, and held well.
Yea, I expected to "peel out" in first but it didn't but I aint even mad
Old 11-19-2010, 11:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HMFIC,Nov 19 2010, 02:58 PM
You know I talked about my tires holding but I did not post my graphs.

At the end I was running 20PSI in all gears with the weather between 90-60F. I can't lie, first did not have great traction, second would hold but if you hit a small bump, sand, water or were going up hill it would try and side step but 3rd and on was perfect.

We're working very hard to finish everything up and get it out there for customers to judge on their own. I can certainly appreciate the unbiased feedback that I know you will give. This sure beats having to hear others shoot from the hip without any first hand experience.
Toan, here is my bar for the kit, all you have to do is put down a better curve which should be a walk in the park with the local owners car.

Name:  NewTuneSession2.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  40.8 KB

Name:  SpoolGraph.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  49.8 KB
Old 11-19-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Ptuning,Nov 19 2010, 06:57 AM
Jason (Metros) posted about 60 minutes worth of track videos on pages 28-29 showing what his car can do with our turbo system running about 12.5 psi. If you watch the entire video, you'll see that he has NO problems controlling power with his right foot.

You do know that turbocharged cars don't put down torque in the shape of a sine wave, right? Power is fixed yes, but power delivery is based on you modulating your right foot. Want more power or less power delivery, the choice is yours.

And for the record, you're the ONLY one complaining about not being able to run super low boost. The other guy complaining happens to be a threadjacker. If you are looking to run a lower power set-up that has no wheel spin in first gear, give me a call here at work and I will gladly work with you on finding a way to reduce power output to say around 300whp.

- Toan
I'll go back and take a look through the thread, thanks. Yes, I'm well aware that a turbo's power delivery isn't a sine curve, and can be modulated with the throttle. My original response was regarding the z06 vs. turbo s2k comparison. I don't have a turbo s2k, but have been long considering boosting mine (I've been around many turbo hondas before, although FWD years ago (where my SN comes from)). So while I do understand the notion of regulating boost/torque with your right foot, I also see the benefit of limiting boost.

My apologies if some of you guys took my post as a "threadcrap," but it most certainly was not intended as such. If there's anything that has the utmost importance to me these days, it's reliability and driveability, and hence the need/desire to limit power. The rear end on the s2k's and trannies don't seem to like power, and using a puck clutch to hold big power kills driveability.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates?
Old 11-29-2010, 03:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they're still waiting for the exhaust to be finalized. The company had sent them the prototype, which needed minor modification. Now the company has to make the corrections before sending them out.

How about some more teaser pics

Toan might be able to give a more accurate estimate on the exhaust system. But that's all they're waiting for AFAIK
Old 11-29-2010, 06:43 PM

metros our cars did look good together, except for my stock exhaust

You'll have to tell me the magic words you used so I can get them to fix that for me
J/K
Old 11-29-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by dsddcd,Nov 19 2010, 12:12 PM
Toan, here is my bar for the kit, all you have to do is put down a better curve which should be a walk in the park with the local owners car.

Your data is completely wrong. unless somethings wrong with your car.

2.0 9:1 6262 bb will hit 10 psi by 4000ish rpms on the mase kit. would be even better if it was 11:1 compression or 2.2L
Old 11-30-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by metros,Nov 29 2010, 04:50 PM
I think they're still waiting for the exhaust to be finalized. The company had sent them the prototype, which needed minor modification. Now the company has to make the corrections before sending them out.

How about some more teaser pics

Toan might be able to give a more accurate estimate on the exhaust system. But that's all they're waiting for AFAIK
very sexy. what tires are those? azenis 615s?

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)