S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)

Old 11-18-2010, 04:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HMFIC,Nov 18 2010, 07:05 PM
Gotta question....

Do 500hp+ Z06 corvettes and vipers have a boost by gear option on the race track? I'm not so savvy in this.
Yes
Old 11-18-2010, 08:10 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

[QUOTE=HMFIC,Nov 18 2010, 04:05 PM] Gotta question....

Do 500hp+ Z06 corvettes and vipers have a boost by gear option on the race track?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by metros,Nov 18 2010, 05:13 PM
#1 I didn't say to control the power with the throttle.

#2 From what you said it still sounds like this kit isn't a good fit for you. Unless you build your own kit from the ground up to do exactly what you want there isn't a kit available that will fit every potential customers goals. PTuning has been very clear on what to expect for boost response, horsepower, trackability, and potential of the kit. Stop complaining in their thread that the kit isn't a good fit for you.
#1, I knew you didn't say that, and didn't say you said that. Forgive me for not having two separate clear responses, I was lazy.

#2, I haven't been following all the Ptuning details, so again, please forgive me if I missed that in some post. No need to be all defensive here. As a potential consumer, I think it suits me to "complain" in terms of me being able to get what I'm looking for. Like I said, it might in fact just do fine, I'll have to wait and see.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as this kit holds ~20 psi steady I'll be more than happy.

It held the 14 psi on HMFIC's car pretty good.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg,Nov 18 2010, 09:18 PM
#1, I knew you didn't say that, and didn't say you said that. Forgive me for not having two separate clear responses, I was lazy.

#2, I haven't been following all the Ptuning details, so again, please forgive me if I missed that in some post. No need to be all defensive here. As a potential consumer, I think it suits me to "complain" in terms of me being able to get what I'm looking for. Like I said, it might in fact just do fine, I'll have to wait and see.
If you haven't been following the whole thread then shouldn't you be asking questions?

You're the second person to come into their thread with complaints. If you have concerns call Toan. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to answer questions and talk about suitable options for your specific goals. Look to dsddcd's posts to see how to ask questions and talk about design in a respectful manner.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:14 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg,Nov 19 2010, 01:10 AM
Apples and oranges.

I'm assuming you're being sincere, but are you aware that Z06's and Vipers are NA. Comparing a NA large displacement engine to a 4 banger w/ a big turbo is no comparison. It's a helluva lot easier to deliver linear torque w/ your right foot in a NA car, compared to a small displacement engine with a large turbo.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Race Geoff,Nov 17 2010, 05:52 PM
HondaToyota - im going to have to call your bluff. Ive been working closely with BW for years, and dont know you. Nobody on the BW team would have this poor of ettiquette to go into someone else's thread and behave this way... also no way you have a twinscroll EFR on order, that is not possible.
/threadjack sorry ptuning

edit: are you a BW intern?
Thanks for the insight Geoff. Let's hope this is the case.

- Toan
Old 11-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've come to a realization this week...... people aren't happy running low boost and making too little power and they're also unhappy with the thought of making too much power. What to do, what to do?

Originally Posted by SlowTeg,Nov 18 2010, 07:18 PM
"Control over power? That`s what the throttle is for. "

Have you ever tried to regulate boost with your right foot from 7-12psi while focusing on racing? The reality is that your suggestion of "that's what the throttle is for" is very silly.

metros,
I think the inability to run a kit due to the manifold not being able to run lower boost is in fact a "flaw" with the kit, and I can understand why some would be a little disappointed in this fact. As others said, some of us looking at a kit are looking for something between a greddy and a Mase kit. Perhaps with a slightly smaller turbo though it would help lessen the creeping problem. We'll have to see..
Let me start by asking if YOU have a 400whp set-up on your S2K and if so have YOU taken it to the track (road course)?

I find it funny that you choose to insult the ONE SINGLE GUY on here that CAN back up what he's talking about. I'm going to assume that you haven't really read through all the posts. Jason (Metros) posted about 60 minutes worth of track videos on pages 28-29 showing what his car can do with our turbo system running about 12.5 psi. If you watch the entire video, you'll see that he has NO problems controlling power with his right foot.

You do know that turbocharged cars don't put down torque in the shape of a sine wave, right? Power is fixed yes, but power delivery is based on you modulating your right foot. Want more power or less power delivery, the choice is yours.

And for the record, you're the ONLY one complaining about not being able to run super low boost. The other guy complaining happens to be a threadjacker. If you are looking to run a lower power set-up that has no wheel spin in first gear, give me a call here at work and I will gladly work with you on finding a way to reduce power output to say around 300whp.

- Toan
Old 11-19-2010, 06:09 AM

Received 107 Likes on 85 Posts

hmm..nnno.. this won't work.. because it makes TOO MUCH SENSE...nah mean?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:18 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg,Nov 18 2010, 06:18 PM
Metros,
I think the inability to run a kit due to the manifold not being able to run lower boost is in fact a "flaw" with the kit, and I can understand why some would be a little disappointed in this fact. As others said, some of us looking at a kit are looking for something between a greddy and a Mase kit. Perhaps with a slightly smaller turbo though it would help lessen the creeping problem. We'll have to see..
I can tell you from experience that with a decent set of tires and not crazy cambering there is NO trouble holding 12PSI in the S2000 unless it's raining or you do something stupid. I ran my boost by speed from 12PSI in first, 16 in second and 20+ in third on a set of regular Dunlops and even and an extra 1 deg of camber in the rear. Everyone I have know go down this road starts, just like I did, thinking 7PSI will be plenty and I can just run a switch or taper boost in at higher RPM. The reality is that 7PSI felt super slow and with all my kits proceeding I ran a base pressure of 12-14PSI.

Also on your turbo kit comparisons, I would consider the Ptuning manifold between the Greddy and IP Sidewinder. I would consider Mase's kit a lateral move not a step up or down.

I am anxiously awaiting a local member to get his kit and do the install. As with all my other posts I will post up a LOT of detail, (More Than Anyone Ever Reads) and offer my unbiased opinions.

Quick Reply: PTUNING S2000 Turbo System (Pics, Dyno, Pricing)